The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

So what's the fall out for week 1 finals. If we win by 4 goals or alternatively lose by 4 and other games go to plan ??

This is going to be a seriously good finals series. All 8 teams are in form and all 8 teams can realistically claim that they can beat anyone at any time.

........except, in our case, Melbourne.

Lucky they are not there!

What also sucks about this is North have noting to play for this weekend (they are almost better off losing so they can play us again in the finals instead of WB) whereas we have heaps to play for.

Effectively we have to play an extra final the week before the real finals start whereas they can take it easy, have a look at our full bag of tricks on display and then come up with a game plan to take us apart the following week.

martyshire said:
What also sucks about this is North have noting to play for this weekend (they are almost better off losing so they can play us again in the finals instead of WB) whereas we have heaps to play for.

Effectively we have to play an extra final the week before the real finals start whereas they can take it easy, have a look at our full bag of tricks on display and then come up with a game plan to take us apart the following week.
Shades of 2001 v Essendon

axlefoley said:
The team is using Hafey's statement "If it is to be, it is up to me" and posting it around the club rooms. Our mental preparation has already started.

Cheer up CC ;)

Did they take down the Danny Frawley ones?
"Cherry ripe"
"Team rules"
"If you didn't break it, don't fix it"

martyshire said:

please enlighten me because on the surface your comment seems just stupid - North nothing to play for, what the. ..... No team wants to lose two games against fellow top 5 to 8 teams in the lead up to the final.

North are 8th for a reason, the are the 8th best team in the top 8 and they got easily beaten against a team every one thought was too young, too tired from playing in the west the week before, not hardened enough against fellow top 8 team and a team they have beaten recently.

Our situation hasn't changed and to me its pretty simple - lets just win the next 5 games ;D, a big ask but if we start of well this Friday, there is a good chance we wont travel from Melbourne except for 1 game out of the next 5.

We cant worry about who we play, lets just take on whoever is there to play.

My only concern coming into the finals was losing to North on Friday and then playing them again the following week - that is not going to happen and finally, we will not play that badly against Adelaide twice in a row.

Come on guys it's simple.

Beat north and we get to play at the MCG against North or adelaide in front of a massive Tiger crowd.

Honestly if we can't beat North and then we have to go to Adelaide and lose that we deserve being bundled out because we will have lost to 2 others in our ladder bracket in 2 weeks but i reckon we are better than that.

Not this group and not this year.

tigers80 said:
Geez we've already lost our first final it seems. ;D
What the :shakehead :shakehead. But we didn't even have team selection yet.
There's a good reason clubs only play one week at a time. We could possibly miss out on the premiership this year, wouldn't that be a waste of a whole perfectly good season.

Sintiger said:
Come on guys it's simple.

Beat north and we get to play at the MCG against North or adelaide in front of a massive Tiger crowd.

Honestly if we can't beat North and then we have to go to Adelaide and lose that we deserve being bundled out because we will have lost to 2 others in our ladder bracket in 2 weeks but i reckon we are better than that.

Not this group and not this year.

My thoughts exactly Sin.

TigerMasochist said:
What the :shakehead :shakehead. But we didn't even have team selection yet.
There's a good reason clubs only play one week at a time. We could possibly miss out on the premiership this year, wouldn't that be a waste of a whole perfectly good season.

My post was sarcasm.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Another trip to Adelaide is a strong possibility!
And if we got through that it could be consecutive Perth trips. Or Perth then Sydney.

We MUST win next week, then beat North again the week after.

If we lose to North we won't beat Adeliade in Adelaide. Form lines.

I can understand some of the negativity about us. Some, not all. After all, this is Richmond. The Tigers of the best part of the past 30 years have let us down many times, spectacularly at times. However, this isn't the Richmond team that was common in the past 3 decades. That team would have made the finals 3 years running. That team wouldn't have beaten top teams regularly, as this team has in recent times. That team had a very poor interstate record, against *smile* teams, let alone good ones. This one has one of the best travelling records of any team the past 2-3 years.
30 years of failure and below average performances have clouded many peoples perceptions of this CURRENT team. The commentators, opposition fans, even our own. We might not be good enough to win the flag, but we are a 1 in 8 chance of doing so. We have shown we can match it with the best, when we are switched on. People point out our losses this year to emphasise we don't have a hope.
Fremantle- lost to us at home badly, got thumped by the hawks, got done by WC and nth.
WC- lost to the dogs, freo, nth & hawks. And couldn't get a win against the gold coast.
Hawks- lost to syd, us, and to teams outside the 8 in port (twice) ess and giants
Syd- lost to freo, dogs, us , hawks , wc, and outside the 8 ,cats
Dogs- lost to hawks, freo WC and to teams outside the 8 in saints, melb, port, geelong
Crows- lost to freo, wc, dogs, hawks, syd and teams outside the 8 in port and giants. Granted, there are exceptional circumstances this year for them.
Nth- lost to crows, hawks, freo, syd, dogs and outside the 8 in port, pies, suns,

My point is our record this year is as good, if not better than, as any of the other 7 teams in the finals. We have had bad games and good ones, just like the other teams

We'll play North again

Which is fine if we've just beaten in round 23.

I can't think of a better reason to beat them - "if we win, we can do it again next week"

We owe them a couple of floggings

Perfect