The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Carter said:
EDIT - I'm running a scenario now that assumes Adelaide will beat Geelong next week.

If we beat NM, we finish 5th and they finish 8th so we play them again.

If NM beat us, we finish 6th and they finish 7th and so we play them again.

We can't shake the pricks!

this also assumes Swans beat Saints today and Bulldogs don't thrash Brisbane next week. They could win by 50 or so and we win by a goal and Bulldogs finish above us. Still a few permutations

For the first time I'm not worried who we come up against, we can beat them all. If Sydney win both games, this might be the year the premiers won it outside the top four.
The two teams that are looking the goods are the Tigers and Eagles.

tigerlove said:
this also assumes Swans beat Saints today and Bulldogs don't thrash Brisbane next week. They could win by 50 or so and we win by a goal and Bulldogs finish above us. Still a few permutations

You get the feeling the Dogs will smash the lions. Those losers will already be thinking about Cavill Avenue.

Carter said:
You get the feeling the Dogs will smash the lions. Those losers will already be thinking about Cavill Avenue.

You'd think so. As long as its mathematically possible to get 4th you have to give it your best and percentage is very close between Tigers, Bulldogs, Swans. Swans have the advantage in Rd23 of playing last so will know what they have to do by game time. Tigers and Bulldogs will have to put best efforts in to keep 4th spot potential alive.

I'm jumping the gun here, but if we finish 5th or 6th spot will our Elimination final be played on a Sunday as per the previous 2 years?

you know we have improved a lot since the beginning of the year while North are still pretty inconsistent and the commentators were pretty damming of them yesterday and the way they play against top teams - one commentator reckons they have lost some hard edge stuff from last year and that Higgins appears to be the only player that has added to their 22 (and Waite in patches) - the rest of the team has stagnated.

my only concern is that they may get two chances in a row to try and beat us - I will be fascinated to see what tactics the two teams adopt on Friday night, as I could see North fox quite a bit. I am not as worried about playing them on the G as I was a few weeks back.

In any case, no final is an easy affair and no final is ever a given

SpaceAce said:
I'm jumping the gun here, but if we finish 5th or 6th spot will our Elimination final be played on a Sunday as per the previous 2 years?

5th v 8th is normally Sunday afternoon (which is the one time spot I hate)

tigerlove said:
By my calculations the bullfrogs would have to beat the lions by about 70 points more than we beat North to be above us. If we lose it doesn't matter.

Sintiger said:
By my calculations the bullfrogs would have to beat the lions by about 70 points more than we beat North to be above us. If we lose it doesn't matter.

Yep sounds about right. Bulldogs beat them by 72 last time. Brisbane have lost 10 games this year by more than 50 points.

year of the tiger said:
5th v 8th is normally Sunday afternoon (which is the one time spot I hate)
Works perfectly for me, just praying we don't cop a friday night final, already missed far to many games this year. Would have to suck up to the boss n get at least a half shift covered on friday to be able to go to the game.

TigerMasochist said:
Works perfectly for me, just praying we don't cop a friday night final, already missed far to many games this year. Would have to suck up to the boss n get at least a half shift covered on friday to be able to go to the game.
AFL has already indicated that the Friday night game is highly likely to be in Perth.

tommygun said:
For the first time I'm not worried who we come up against, we can beat them all. If Sydney win both games, this might be the year the premiers won it outside the top four.
The two teams that are looking the goods are the Tigers and Eagles.

Please not the Crows or the Dogs. Possibly Norf but we will see this week.

Sintiger said:
AFL has already indicated that the Friday night game is highly likely to be in Perth.

Makes perfect sense, the Friday night game is usually between 2 of the top 4 sides.
I'm hoping we play Sunday arvo

interesting no tigers doing media today

worries me a bit that they are doing things differently coming into the finals

we should embrace the finals, not be scared of them

Ice said:
interesting no tigers doing media today

worries me a bit that they are doing things differently coming into the finals

we should embrace the finals, not be scared of them
Sam Lloyd on future stars, plenty of the boys did interviews last night

good - i was listening to ABC radio and they said they couldn't get any Tiger players today

Don't care who we face, but of those teams, Taylor Walker is the most difficult opponent for Alex Rance and Adelaide are in the best form of the 3.

If we finish 5th and all the expected wins occur:

Week 2: Sydney in Sydney
Week 3: Hawthorn at the G'
Grand Final: Freo

If we finish 6th:

Week 2: West Coast in Perth
Week 3: Freo in Perth
Grand Final: Hawthorn

Finish 6th and we could go to Perth 2 weeks in a row! And we probably get the Crows in red hot form in week 1.
Finish 5th and Freo is by far the most likely opponent in a Grand Final... on our home turf.