The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Honestly both the dogs and North are so average. If we get the chance against either of these sides we should put them away comfortably.

DirtyDogTiger said:
North would need to beat us by 80 points to overtake us.
Does that sound right?

% means nothing and home game means nothing unless we meet Adelaide in the EF.

Just keep winning.

If West coast wins tomorrow we will play our first final at the G no matter what happens ...unless St Kilda beats Sydney of course

Sintiger said:
If West coast wins tomorrow we will play our first final at the G no matter what happens ...unless St Kilda beats Sydney of course

Only worth it if we meet Adelaide.

If Eagles role the Crows , it then becomes up too the Roos, if they want to play us they need to beat us , if they want the Dogs they need us to beat them.....Who do they want at the G

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. LOSS (20) 6-5 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. WIN. (18) 7-5 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants WIN. (9) 8-5 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton WIN. (30) 9-5 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints Win. (16). 10-5 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. LOSS (4). 10-6 6-10. 11-5
R17 V Hawth. WIN (18) 11-6 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. LOSS (36) 11-7 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns WIN. (83) 12-7 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. WIN (91) ;D. 13-7 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon WIN (27) 14-7 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers

Whilst a lot is made of scoring the big 100 by the pundits, we should be favoured in finals with our approach based around defensive footy.

We all know we weren't playing well at the start of the year but if you take the game when it all clicked (first game against Collingwood) since that game we have averaged just 64.5 points against, within that time we have played Freo twice, the Hawks, Eagles, Swans and Adelaide in the 14 games.

If we can keep our defense strong then we have a great chance against anyone and why I think we could go deep into September.

mrposhman said:
Whilst a lot is made of scoring the big 100 by the pundits, we should be favoured in finals with our approach based around defensive footy.

We all know we weren't playing well at the start of the year but if you take the game when it all clicked (first game against Collingwood) since that game we have averaged just 64.5 points against, within that time we have played Freo twice, the Hawks, Eagles, Swans and Adelaide in the 14 games.

If we can keep our defense strong then we have a great chance against anyone and why I think we could go deep into September.
i concur

If Bachar kicked to the boundary, we'd be on equal points with Freo right now and only 1% below. They play tomorrow though.

We're a very good team and 50/50 to make a prelim this year.

Reckon there is a bit of a flaw in the finals system. The team who finishes 5th should be able to choose which of the 7th and 8th teams it gets to play.
Example. If we finish 5th, Adelaide 7th and say, Dogs or North 8th .... it's a fair bet we'd rather play Adelaide because they'd have to travel.
Same situation existed in 2013. We finished 5th and had to play Cartoon, even though Port were 7th and would have travelled to play us. (They did so anyway and beat Scumwood but that's beside the point).
Same applies to 1st and 4th.

Most likely scenario now is us playing either Norf or Adelaide at the G.

There's a chance we could beat North next week and still play them a week later.

Depending on the level of carnage up at the gabba when lions host dogs.

Dogs done a disservice by the AFL I reckon.

Gabba early sat afternoon in September? Could be hotter than they'd be used to.

Assuming Sydney and WC win today as favourites, my ladder predictor is troubling.

I reckon WB will stitch up the Lions next week to the tune of 60+ points.

That means we play North again if they beat us or if we only beat them by a small margin.

I reckon we're better than Norf ability wise but they might have the wood over us in the mental stakes.

The best thing that can happen next week IMO is a close loss to North, then revenge at the G.

The Bullies are gonna finish above us so will get Adelaide at Etihad.

EDIT - I'm running a scenario now that assumes Adelaide will beat Geelong next week.

If we beat NM, we finish 5th and they finish 8th so we play them again.

If NM beat us, we finish 6th and they finish 7th and so we play them again.

We can't shake the pricks!

Carter said:
EDIT - I'm running a scenario now that assumes Adelaide will beat Geelong next week.

If we beat NM, we finish 5th and they finish 8th so we play them again.

If NM beat us, we finish 6th and they finish 7th and so we play them again.

We can't shake the pricks!

Don't know why everyone's so worried about North. We'll be playing freo week 1.