The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

year of the tiger said:
starting to think 5th might not be such a bad position as all the talk of 3rd and 4th having to travel to Perth twice.

Not if you win the first one in Perth... and I'd fancy our chances against Freo

Midsy said:
I'd rather Adelaide at the G.

Me too. I'm imagining 80000 RFC fans at the G

Saints are playing good footy at the moment. They've been some upsets of late, teams a bit tired this time of the year, anything can happen. We need to cheer the Saints on hard against the Swans next game.

Our recent record versus other potential finalists

Adelaide - LWWLWW
Fremantle - LWLW
Geelong - LLLLLLLLLLL
Hawthorn - WLWW
North - LLLLL
Sydney -WWLLWWLW
Western - LLWWW
WCE - LWWLLWLWW

DirtyDogTiger said:

Adelaide - LWWLWW
Fremantle - LWLW
Geelong - LLLLLLLLLLL
Hawthorn - WLWW
North - LLLLL
Sydney -WWLLWWLW
Western - LLWWW
WCE - LWWLLWLWW

Why have we played Geelong recently 11 times and Hawthorn only 4?

St Kevin said:
Can see Norf finishing 5th, and us playing the Dogs at the G.

Provided Sydney win both their last games, (ST K are in with a rough chance, but for the sake of argument)

If Norf win both their last 2 games, they finish 5th
We win Last 2 games we finish 5th

I think we'll beat North but we might not.

Foots win last 2 and we drop one, they finish 5th. Foots and us both win last 2 we finish 5th

I think thats right, barring major percentage surprise.

Come on Saints.

There is still a bit to play out over the next fortnight.

Geelong may well sneak in to the finals at Adelaide’s expense. They should beat Collingwood this weekend and Adelaide should lose to West Coast. If that plays out, their round 23 match becomes a virtual elimination final. The Crows should make it but it will most likely come with a serious fright.

North v Bulldogs next week and North and Tigers v North the following week will be huge games but will probably only decide the order between fifth and eighth and who gets to play who in the EFs. They will simply be jostling for positions more than anything else in the end.

However, what about if St Kilda knock the Swans off???????????????

It’ll be on like rabbits during the mating season!

Here is another what if? What if Freo drop another one and West Coast jump to first on the ladder? Suddenly fourth won’t be looking quite so attractive and the Hawks will be back in the Driver’s seat.

DirtyDogTiger said:

Still don't get it. The first line of your post states

Surely we haven't played Hawthorn only 4 times recently compared to Geelong? Or is it to just highlight our long-term bad record against Geelong? I'm pretty sure the last 11 games against Geelong goes back 8 or 9 years, hardly recent. Last 2 have been margins of 9 points and 5 points. What better way to kill the vodoo than to smash sliding Geelong in an elimination final.

Smashing North Melbourne in a final would be the making of this club.

Bring 'em.

tigerlove said:
Still don't get it. The first line of your post states

Surely we haven't played Hawthorn only 4 times recently compared to Geelong? Or is it to just highlight our long-term bad record against Geelong? I'm pretty sure the last 11 games against Geelong goes back 8 or 9 years, hardly recent. Last 2 have been margins of 9 points and 5 points. What better way to kill the vodoo than to smash sliding Geelong in an elimination final.

I will be delighted if we beat North in R23 and then knock out geelong in an elimination final.

I'll also be happy if we beat FREO in Subiaco in week 1.

TOT70 said:
Here is another what if? What if Freo drop another one and West Coast jump to first on the ladder? Suddenly fourth won’t be looking quite so attractive and the Hawks will be back in the Driver’s seat.

Fourth has to be better than fifth no matter who you play in either scenario.
Even if you lose, you're still in it and you have a home semi final.

23.21.159 said:
Fourth has to be better than fifth no matter who you play in either scenario.
Even if you lose, you're still in it and you have a home semi final.

I was just pointing out that 4th playing Freo is way better than 4th playing WC, assuming current form continues. Similarly, the Hawks would be anxious about WC and looking forward to a game against Freo.

Of course, Freo might be saving themselves as they have had nothing much to play for during the last few games.

Freo, WCE and Hawks will all be hoping we finish outside of the Top 4

If somehow the Saints beat Sydney our percentage still needs to be higher them, I think there is 1-2 percent difference? This means we need to thump the Bombers and hope Sydney does not pump the Lions into submission in the last round. We also must beat North. An exciting 2 weeks ahead for us Tiger supporters!