The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

starting to think 5th might not be such a bad position as all the talk of 3rd and 4th having to travel to Perth twice.

I back the tigers against anyone now - they are a much more complete side and you cant really take much out of the results from those early games (north and doggies results)

We'd be close to *the* team no one wants to meet in the finals I reckon.

just gotta aim for top four.

huge chance from there.

load up against essendon and treat the NMFC game like finals week 1.

Vickery, Lambert, Lloyd, McIntosh, Lennon and Hunt are all additions to the 2014 elimination final side. They are all playing good footy and have made us better.

Our back line is very good, as is our midfield. Ivan, enough said.

It will be interesting what happens when Grimes and Conca are fit. Conca hasn't played enough, so might not be selected. Some tough decisions at the selection table.

Vickery is the key, he is taking contested marks, moving very well and his goal kicking is elite. If he can continue his recent form along with Jack and Lids we are going to stretch a lot of defences.

I'm excited.

yes with the huge inclusion of k mac..lambert..hunt..lennon...and the improvement of grimes vlastian.batchelor...and victory vickery yesterday...im very excited..our best team since 1980

We're above the Dogs.

Probably can't get above Sydney though so we won't make Top 4, but we could face Geelong in the elimination final, which is better than North or Adelaide.

Sydney play St Kilda and Gold Coast, they're 4 points ahead.

Some key matches next week:
Geelong vs Collingwood

St Kilda vs Sydney - If Saints win, we make Top 4.
Adelaide vs West Coast
Richmond vs Essendon.

Final Round:
Adelaide vs Geelong - winner players Richmond
Richmond vs North

Sydney vs Gold Coast

next week..cats will master pies

eagles will monster the crows

winner of crows and cats will be the side we play in elimination final...i think it'll be the cats

West Coast did us a favour by beating the Dogs and tearing into their percentage. We just have to win and win well in the last two games to consolidate 5th and just hope results above us go our way for 4th. You never know.

arlobill said:

winner of crows and cats will be the side we play in elimination final...i think it'll be the cats

I'd rather Adelaide at the G.

Chimptastic said:
St Kilda vs Sydney - If Saints win, we make Top 4.

SCENARIO

Currently:

Syd 118% 14-6
Rich 120% 13-7

R22
StK beat Syd (Syd go to 14-7 with % lower than 118%)
Rich thrash Ess (Rich go to 14-7 with % way above 120%)

R23
Syd should beat GC (Syd 15-7) ....could Suns cause an upset at SCG?
Rich must beat NM (Rich 15-7)

Same way if we used Hawthorn and if Carlton was at least mid-table by now instead of a rabble.

arlobill said:

Does seem like it's headed that way.
Hopefully cats and crows empty their tanks this game and kick the daylights outta each other...

we want North to win next week against doggies - if they do that then it doesn't matter who win between us and north in rd 23 - we will not play North in an elimination final

if the doggies beat North - then rd 23 we have to beat North, because if we don't we play them again in the elimination final and I wouldn't want to back up against north 2 weeks in a row if they beat us the week before.

As you can gather, I would prefer a home final at the G against doggies, Adelaide or Geelong before north.

If north lose both to us and the doggies then the last game determines whether we play Geelong (if they win against crows) or North (crows win against cats)

If we don't get the double chance...

My preference of who we play would be the following

Cats
Dogs
Crows
Nth (mainly cause twice in two weeks doesn't appeal.) I would back us to beat them once, but not if they win the first.

Hopefully the players brains aren't as fried as ours doin all the senarios .....I'm guessing finish 6th play the Dogs at the G

the saints can do us a huge favour and are a chance against the swans. 4th and flying to a shaky freo - can easily win it there and we have a home prelim. bring it on. after the loss to freo the other week was hoping we play them there first week of finals.

Harry said:
the saints can do us a huge favour and are a chance against the swans. 4th and flying to a shaky freo - can easily win it there and we have a home prelim. bring it on. after the loss to freo the other week was hoping we play them there first week of finals.

Exactly this Horatio. Would love to play Freo at Subi in week 1.

Bring it!

Harry said:

Freo

or

sydney (not that it will happen).

Would be my pick if I could choose.

To finish 5th and play geelong 8th

R22
We defeat Essendon
Geelong beat Collingwood (because it'll be meaningless to Pendlebury)
WCE beat Adelaide

R 23
Richmond beat North
Geelong defeat Adelaide

FW1 - and then beat Geelong in a final