The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

DragicevicFan said:
Geelong and Adelaide each getting 2 points from the no match earlier in the season might actually leave us in 9th.

I have them both on 54 and us on 52.

don't think I can go on if that happens.

DragicevicFan said:
Geelong and Adelaide each getting 2 points from the no match earlier in the season might actually leave us in 9th.

I have them both on 54 and us on 52.

Crows play bombers, Lions, west coast, Cats

Cats play hawks, saints, pies, Crows

Unless crows beat WC

or Cats beat the hawks

Then they both can not win 3 games

If one of them cause an upset , they would then need to lose the game they play against each other for the scenario you have painted to occur.

Unless they both get upset wins.

Possible? Sure. Probable? No.

Trolling? Likely.

Don't forget the giants.

If they win three, assuming we win 2...

Comes down to %

They play Port,swans, carton and dee's

Harry said:
what does the club do if we get knocked out first week of finals again? they'll see it as a failure but what do they do about it?

If we make the finals then this would be a more interesting debate.

Harry said:
what does the club do if we get knocked out first week of finals again? they'll see it as a failure but what do they do about it?
we will go out in the first week of finals again , especially since we have blown our top 4 hopes

The equation is very simple. It's the same as last year. Win. We do that everything else takes care of itself and we play in our 3rd consecutive finals series.

Amazing what 1 loss does.

Last week people are talking about winning the flag, this week we might not play finals.

ninjahaha said:
Crows play bombers, Lions, west coast, Cats

Cats play hawks, saints, pies, Crows

Unless crows beat WC

or Cats beat the hawks

Then they both can not win 3 games

If one of them cause an upset , they would then need to lose the game they play against each other for the scenario you have painted to occur.

Unless they both get upset wins.

Possible? Sure. Probable? No.

Trolling? Likely.

Trolling - give me a break - just throwing up a scenario where we miss out. Given we have beaten Fremantle, Hawthorn and Sydney and have a 4-1 record on the road - missing the 8 would mean we've made a mess of a number of winnable matches on our home ground.

On form, you'd think Geelong would beat Collingwood, St Kilda and Adelaide at home.

You'd also think Adelaide would deal with Essendon, Brisbane and then are a good chance at home v West Coast.

If we come home 2-2 and the above plays out - we'll be 9th.

Got smashed in contested ball, we smashed the hawks the previous week. Jacobs kill us in the middle, we had no system to get our of the Adelaide attacking zone, we should have lost by 80+ but somehow stayed in the game till about 3/4 time.

Lets just rebound and get the job done this week and forget about the effort on Friday night. Cant see how Lids playing up forward would have made much of a difference, the ball did not go there.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Amazing what 1 loss does.

Last week people are talking about winning the flag, this week we might not play finals.

I guess that's the nature of a game that involves so much passion. As the H&A season draws to an end, and there's a situation where the shape of the 8 can still change considerably, emotions will understandably be up and down depending on results.

rosy23 said:
I guess that's the nature of a game that involves so much passion. As the H&A season draws to an end, and there's a situation where the shape of the 8 can still change considerably, emotions will understandably be up and down depending on results.

and I love how the media jump from one team to the next so quickly - now its North who will make a strong run for top 4 (based on beating who?) while we have no hope - yet North, who is on the same points as us but has a massive 0.1% greater than us - yet I think we have a slightly easier run home than them - personally I think both North and us will finish in the 8 but not top 4 with us higher up the ladder than them.

What I like about this season is the race for the top 4 and the top 8 is still very open at the moment with only 4 games to go (and all of Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood are all out of the running).

DragicevicFan said:
LA LA LA not listening, just shut up n go away Dragga, you're scaring all the happy little brightsiders n encouraging the evil darkside. From beating Hawthorn n winning the flag to getting reamed by Adelaide n not making the finals is all to much to bear.

At least the AFL are getting what they want this year, a cliff hanger final month with half a dozen teams still vying for the last couple of spots in the eight.

This week in no walk up gimme.

But if we are a serious finals side, with Deledio and Edwards coming back, angry after a poor loss, we should smack them by 7 goals plus.