The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

DLR said:
Any stranger than Richmond beat Hawthorn but then lose to Adelaide? Or Port beat Hawthorn but lose to Richmond? Or Freo beat Adelaide, Richmond beat Freo, then Adelaide beat Richmond?

Funny old season

No bout its a funny ole season. I agree that upsets happen.

It would seem strange to me if before any off those results, if you assert a combination of those outcomes to ensure richmond finishing 9th. As I said possible, but one of the more unlikely outcomes.

Looking at the fixture doubt we will make the 8 we have the hardest draw out of the current top 8 sides . If we are going to make it will all come down to the north melb game and they normally smash us wasted season hope I'm wrong

SCOOP said:
This week in no walk up gimme.

But if we are a serious finals side, with Deledio and Edwards coming back, angry after a poor loss, we should smack them by 7 goals plus.

you think we can keep the suns to just 3 goals?

ninjahaha said:
No bout its a funny ole season. I agree that upsets happen.

It would seem strange to me if before any off those results, if you assert a combination of those outcomes to ensure richmond finishing 9th. As I said possible, but one of the more unlikely outcomes.

Wouldn't of thought 9th was likely pre the last Freo game, but this week, we might be unlucky to finish 9th, 8th more likely though - but you know how people like to think we own 9th!

DLR said:
- but you know how people like to think we own 9th!

Thats the point I was making DLR my binary friend.

Urban Dictionary: troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

That no gamer between Crows/Cats is going to bite some one in the bum in the end so hope it is not us.

pervian said:
Looking at the fixture doubt we will make the 8 we have the hardest draw out of the current top 8 sides . If we are going to make it will all come down to the north melb game and they normally smash us wasted season hope I'm wrong
Now lets just say for arguments sake that we beat GC, Collingwood and Essendon over the next 3 weeks that puts us on 14 wins. So we lose to North and finish the season on 14 wins. Are you saying that 14 wins won't get us into the 8?

even the Sun and the Age cant agree on the final make-up - there are to many games that could go either way eg Geelong v Adelaide at Skilled in rd 23

Maybe we, like the team, can't afford to think too far ahead.....GOld Coast have been poor this season, but they are probably playing their best football of the year, so it's no gimme this week. That said, if we can't account for GC on our home turf we probably don't deserve to be playing finals. I don't think we have played them here in Melbourne as yet...is that right?

67 special said:
Maybe we, like the team, can't afford to think too far ahead.....GOld Coast have been poor this season, but they are probably playing their best football of the year, so it's no gimme this week. That said, if we can't account for GC on our home turf we probably don't deserve to be playing finals. I don't think we have played them here in Melbourne as yet...is that right?
Yep, we've only ever played the suns in QLD.

year of the tiger said:
even the Sun and the Age cant agree on the final make-up - there are to many games that could go either way eg Geelong v Adelaide at Skilled in rd 23

It will interesting to see if the Adelaide vs Geelong automatic 2 points each plays any part in the final makeup on the lower 8. Both teams are hovering.

67 special said:
That said, if we can't account for GC on our home turf we probably don't deserve to be playing finals. I don't think we have played them here in Melbourne as yet...is that right?

Took us until the third attempt to beat them on our home turf in Cairns.

Barnzy said:
It will interesting to see if the Adelaide vs Geelong automatic 2 points each plays any part in the final makeup on the lower 8. Both teams are hovering.

Reckon Adelaide will miss by half a game.