The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

only put one team to the sword this year... Brisbane in the early rounds. Putting away teams has not been our strong point in 2015

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Amazing what 1 loss does.

Last week people are talking about winning the flag, this week we might not play finals.

Just shows how close the teams are.

Got to take your opportunities when they come.

year of the tiger said:
What I like about this season is the race for the top 4 and the top 8 is still very open at the moment with only 4 games to go (and all of Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood are all out of the running).

Absolutely, and I will like this season even better if we make it into the second week of September. We have a habit of dropping the ball though.

End of H&W prediction:
1. Fremantle
2. West Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Sydney
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Richmond
7. North Melbourne
8. Geelong

If this happens we play North ??? :(

I do think some teams have got to this point almost by default. The "new" draw that had the top six playing each other twice, the middle six and the bottom six doing the same has certainly helped those at the bottom. It's never been a fair or equitable draw. Incidentally the bottom six teams such as the doggies also benefitted from playing last years finalists early, before they could get into their stride. That time of the year they are most vulnerable. June and July is the hardest time to beat the top teams which is incidentally when we play them.
By any measure we are a far, far better balanced and performing team than the past two years. We will make the finals and we will do some damage - injuries and illness notwithstanding ..

don't mind the media attention shifting away from us. we will make the finals no doubt imo. something went very wrong in Adelaide - as it does with regard to many things - not just footy! anyway... whether it was flu, tactics, player choice...whatever - we can make amends. Dimma and Co need to bite the bullet somehow with selections but i worry they will think because of our 'situation' they may get too nervous to. its kind of a double edged sword...

artball said:
don't mind the media attention shifting away from us. we will make the finals no doubt imo. something went very wrong in Adelaide - as it does with regard to many things - not just footy! anyway... whether it was flu, tactics, player choice...whatever - we can make amends. Dimma and Co need to bite the bullet somehow with selections but i worry they will think because of our 'situation' they may get too nervous to. its kind of a double edged sword...
I think it was the loss we had to have. As stupid as it sounds another loss before the finals wouldn't be a disaster. We will still make it winning 3 of the last 4. no team can be up for 8-9 weeks at this time of the year.

It's certainly funny to watch the media label us a flag chance then 7 days later say we might miss the finals.

se7en said:
End of H&W prediction:
1. Fremantle
2. West Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Sydney
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Richmond
7. North Melbourne
8. Geelong

That would create an interesting stat. We play North in the final round of the H&A season, then in the first round of the finals. We did the same thing with Essendon in 2001. Has any team ever done that twice? Played a team in the final round of the H&A, then faced them in the first round of finals? I'm sure plenty other than us have done it once, but twice?

se7en said:
End of H&W prediction:
1. Fremantle
2. West Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Sydney
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Richmond
7. North Melbourne
8. Geelong

Is this based on us beating North in the last H&A game?

I would think it's winning the next 3, then losing to North in the last round. I got something similar to this ladder with that combo.

Chimptastic said:
It's certainly funny to watch the media label us a flag chance then 7 days later say we might miss the finals.

Even funnier is that both were true at that point.

IIRC this could well be the first time in history that of the historical big 4, only Richmond plays finals (well lets hope so!)

DragicevicFan said:
Trolling - give me a break - just throwing up a scenario where we miss out. Given we have beaten Fremantle, Hawthorn and Sydney and have a 4-1 record on the road - missing the 8 would mean we've made a mess of a number of winnable matches on our home ground.

On form, you'd think Geelong would beat Collingwood, St Kilda and Adelaide at home.

You'd also think Adelaide would deal with Essendon, Brisbane and then are a good chance at home v West Coast.

If we come home 2-2 and the above plays out - we'll be 9th.

Throwing out the one unlikely result that has us finish 9th when there are several more likely outcomes surely you can see why trolling comes to mind.

Again you forget to mention that Crows play cats in the last round. It is possible but a strange result that crows would beat west coast then lose to geelong.

ninjahaha said:
Again you forget to mention that Crows play cats in the last round. It is possible but a strange result that crows would beat west coast then lose to geelong.

Any stranger than Richmond beat Hawthorn but then lose to Adelaide? Or Port beat Hawthorn but lose to Richmond? Or Freo beat Adelaide, Richmond beat Freo, then Adelaide beat Richmond?

Funny old season