The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

waiting said:
Results so far have placed us in a perilous situation.

We have only ourselves to blame.

4 games to go.

GCS
Collingwood
Essendon
NMelb

I don't know if even the brightsiders would pencil in 4 wins .

Me, I've been burnt and my trust has wavered with them. I don't have trust. Just when I thought they matured and grown up they dished last night out.

I don't buy what I'm hearing that the flu factor was the result! What 21 players? Didn't effect Dusty. Jack I can cut him some slack as he got hurt in the back by a Cotch knee.

They just didn't bring the same intensity, passion, endeavour and work rate.

Hope I'm wrong. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

We need to win all 4 as it's so close.

not convinced on your logic Wtg - 2 wins should do it - 3 will guarantee it - 4 would be nice but not critical to our chances

year of the tiger said:
if...........if...................if........ that's your lot

I am sitting back and really enjoying the season - we have just got through a very tough 3 week patch - the next 3 week is nothing compared to what we have just endured, I am confident and enjoying the footy - bring it on I reckon

Great post. :clap

Thats what footies all about.

Nice one ytt!

year of the tiger said:
not convinced on your logic Wtg - 2 wins should do it - 3 will guarantee it - 4 would be nice but not critical to our chances

I don't think 2 wins will do it. we are on 44 points, lets say we win 2 games brings us to 52

Cats are 42 , they have hawks , pies, saints, crows (at Geelong) , they will probably win 3 of those. 54 points

Crows 42, they have Bombers, lions (adelaide ) , eagles (adealide) , cats (geelong) i would think they will win 3 of them 54 points

dogs are in i reckon 48 , dempns, eagles (perth) , roos , lions , they will win 3 of those , 60 points

roos 40, demons, saints, Dogs, Tigers, they will win 3 of those , 52 points

So in fact it could come down to percentage if we only win our two of last 4 , win 3 and we are in.

tiges said:
I don't think 2 wins will do it. we are on 44 points, lets say we win 2 games brings us to 52

Cats are 42 , they have hawks , pies, saints, crows (at Geelong) , they will probably win 3 of those. 54 points

Crows 42, they have Bombers, lions (adelaide ) , eagles (adealide) , cats (geelong) i would think they will win 3 of them 54 points

dogs are in i reckon 48 , dempns, eagles (perth) , roos , lions , they will win 3 of those , 60 points

roos 40, demons, saints, Dogs, Tigers, they will win 3 of those , 52 points

So in fact it could come down to percentage if we only win our two of last 4 , win 3 and we are in.

sorry - it could be the red wine talking now - but how can the cats and crows BOTH win 3 games. Assuming Hawks beat the cats and the Eagles beat the crows (which is a fair assumption) - then given the crows play the cats, then only one of these two will get the 3 wins needed to jump over us - not both (assuming we only win 2 more)

but upsets do happen and will

Horrendous weekend for the Tiges.....hopefully the pendulum swings back our way, the boys get the steele back an KB shuts up with his over the top hype this week an we re focus on the job at hand

CC TIGER said:
Horrendous weekend for the Tiges.....hopefully the pendulum swings back our way, the boys get the steele back an KB shuts up with his over the top hype this week an we re focus on the job at hand

KB plays this in a sarcastic way, but I'm starting to get tired of it. It's embarrassing enough hearing that goof who calls in playing the theme song before he speaks.

year of the tiger said:
sorry - it could be the red wine talking now - but how can the cats and crows BOTH win 3 games. Assuming Hawks beat the cats and the Eagles beat the crows (which is a fair assumption) - then given the crows play the cats, then only one of these two will get the 3 wins needed to jump over us - not both (assuming we only win 2 more)

but upsets do happen and will

your 100% correct my stuff up . lol :spin

TigerForce said:
KB plays this in a sarcastic way, but I'm starting to get tired of it. It's embarrassing enough hearing that goof who calls in playing the theme song before he speaks.
Yep same old stuff that was a bit of a giggle first time, however now is just utter immature repetitive crap that is embarrassing for RFC supporters, it's no excuse for the club but it can not help with the unrealistic dribble an pressure it creates. Good on Balmy for puttin him back in his box the other day, as he said the other day could be the best hour of radio, except for KB...hate to be critical of a Tiger legend but all Tigers I know have stopped listening cause of his dribble.

4 wins from 4 will give us a shot at a top four spot but I don't see the Swans losing any of their last 4 games. West Coast have a much tougher run but would have to drop 3 of 4 to drop out of the top 4. Percentage is going to be super important. I think it will determine the spots five through seven. Dogs are more likely to make top for than us.

We need to win our next three to be a factor in the finals.

Getting tight.

Should win the 2 to get us into finals, but cant trust these guys.

Frauds.

Looking on the dark side, we could struggle against the Suns on Saturday. They are a very quick young side and had yet another win yesterday, so on a high. Our record against them is not that good either.

To have any chance to make a final we have to win this game, as Collingwood and North....our nemesis...will be tough. That bad kick against Freo is perhaps going to bite us on the bum big time.

Would hate to face North at Etihad to win a finals spot.

Wonder if we have peaked too early. We have had tight games which we have won against those top teams, but perhaps that has taken a toll. We looked tired and slow against he Crows.

What will be will be of course, and all we long suffering members/supporters can hope for is enough wins to get us there.

graystar1 said:
Looking on the dark side, we could struggle against the Suns on Saturday. They are a very quick young side and had yet another win yesterday, so on a high. Our record against them is not that good either.

To have any chance to make a final we have to win this game, as Collingwood and North....our nemesis...will be tough. That bad kick against Freo is perhaps going to bite us on the bum big time.

Would hate to face North at Etihad to win a finals spot.

Wonder if we have peaked too early. We have had tight games which we have won against those top teams, but perhaps that has taken a toll. We looked tired and slow against he Crows.

What will be will be of course, and all we long suffering members/supporters can hope for is enough wins to get us there.

The suns game will be tight IMO. Tigers don't do big wins. % doesn't matter apparently

toby64 said:
The suns game will be tight IMO. Tigers don't do big wins. % doesn't matter apparently

Surely with a team of frauds like Richmond they could easily fake the % eh tobes?

joegarra said:
My nightmare of needing to beat Kangaroos at Etihad to make the finals is still on the cards!
Last years nightmare draw the make the finals was the Swans in Sydney, so dreams can come true, Joe.

Stating the obvious, it's going to be tight .
Looks like the WB - Roos-Cats -Crows -TIGES fighting it out for the bottom four spots in the eight all sides we've lost to this year :help

69 vintage said:
Stating the obvious, it's going to be tight .
Looks like the WB - Roos-Cats -Crows -TIGES fighting it out for the bottom four spots in the eight all sides we've lost to this year :help

They all play attacking football.
We simple don't kick enough goals to compete with these clubs