The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Chimptastic said:
Agree 100%.

In the past we could only hope to beat 1st on the ladder if everything went right for us and everything went wrong for them. The stars had to align.

Now, we should be beating anyone even when injuries go against us, when luck goes against us, when suspensions go against us, when we kick poorly for goal, and regardless of fortune we can still lead all day, dominate key stats, and generally look like the better team. Freo only ever looked like scoring from free kicks and never once looked like stringing goals together, they were the ones trying to pinch it off us.

Even then, Freo failed to pinch it from us. They could only wait. Wait for us to have a lapse in poise, and hand it to them.

We won't hand over many games in the coming years.
Spot on Chimp. It's what is called a Pyrrhic victory. I for one think we can surprise the Hawks next week. They have played against the Carlton witches hats and we will be breathing fire.

The Mole said:
Spot on Chimp. It's what is called a Pyrrhic victory. I for one think we can surprise the Hawks next week. They have played against the Carlton witches hats and we will be breathing fire.

Sorry mate, but a Pyrrhic victory is when you actually win (hence , victory) but the cost of winning is you pay a very high price.

I'm more afraid of finishing 5th than 4th.
4th and we play Freo over there with a double chance.
5th and we likely play North here in a knockout final.

4th and we can beat the Frockers and get a home Prelim.
5th and it's maybe goodnight.

How you take yesterday probably reflects on your expectations.

Some seem pleased that we can match the best teams and compete. IMO that's 2012/13 thinking.

We should expect more than to just compete at this stage we should be expecting to win those games.

Not much positive to come out of yesterday for me. Lost a game we should have won...nothing positive in that IMO

toby64 said:
How you take yesterday probably reflects on your expectations.

Some seem pleased that we can match the best teams and compete. IMO that's 2012/13 thinking.

No, we did much more than compete. We beat Freo all ends up for most of the game. We played the game tough and hard and locked the ball in. We held our own against Sandilands. We played the two rucks well. They hated it.

IF we kicked straight we win that game by 3-5 goals and we have a game plan that beats Freo home and away.

We should expect more than to just compete at this stage we should be expecting to win those games.

Not much positive to come out of yesterday for me. Lost a game we should have won...nothing positive in that IMO

The days of competing well and honourable losses are far far behind us now. An honourable loss is when you play your guts out and do everything well and you still get beaten by the team with the superior talent who never broke out of a canter. That's not what happened yesterday.

You are right to say we should have won - but we played great in most areas and if you replayed that game five times we'd win it four out of the five times.

Not happy with the loss but happy where we are now and how much we can improve. Freo got lucky yesterday, not us.

poppa x said:
I'm more afraid of finishing 5th than 4th.
4th and we play Freo over there with a double chance.
5th and we likely play North here in a knockout final.

4th and we can beat the Frockers and get a home Prelim.
5th and it's maybe goodnight.

Geez poppa, don't worry about 4th or 5th conundrums, we've got to stay in the 8, that's the main objective atm.

Baloo said:
My predictions FWIW

R16 v FReo. It's going to be tight. I reckon Ross will have the Dockers up and abouts after a run of poor form. Loss for us
R17 v Hawks. As much as I like to think they are our bunnies, they are hitting a purple patch. Loss for us
R18 v Crows. The emotion they have been through will have taken it's toll. Win for us
R19 v Suns. Win for us
R20 v Collingwood. Pies are one of thebest teams in the AFL this season according to the media. Win for us.
R21 v Essendon. 120pt win to us
R22 v North. Hate them and they make me nervous. Could go either way but I reckon we'll be hitting our peak heading into the finals so win for us.

5-2 for the remander of the season.

Going by Hula's predictions, if Freo and Hawks keep winning, we MUST and CAN win the next 5 and still make top 4 at 15-7.

We will lose to Hawks ...and possibly lose to crows....that will put us out of the eight ya know..as dogs..North..crown and geelong will each win the next two

If we lose to hawthorn Id expect Bulldogs to get 5th spot and we drop to 6th
If my guesses are correct North go 7th and adelaide go 8th.

Then we take on
Adelaide Suns Collingwood essendon North

Anything can happen but adelaide and North become 8 point games.

Let's accept we lose to Hawks...therefore if we lose to the crows we will be fighting for dear life to hang onto a spot in the eight and make the finals.....if we lose to cores we will have to win all four games to ensure a final.....
Goddamn it's just never easy being a tiger fan s it

I said I was confident we could handle our run home, and I still am despite us throwing away the Freo game.

Adelaide are average. Can't see them trouble us. We match up well. Hawks and Norf the two remaining ones we are likely to drop.

If we don't win one of the next two we will most likely be sitting in 10th position. Makes the loss to Freeo even more frustrating. I have a feeling we will be in a play in final round 23 with North, winner makes the eight loser ninth

arlobill said:
Let's accept we lose to Hawks...therefore if we lose to the crows we will be fighting for dear life to hang onto a spot in the eight and make the finals.....if we lose to cores we will have to win all four games to ensure a final.....
Goddamn it's just never easy being a tiger fan s it
Relax people...
Firstly, since when did you need to win 14 games to play finals???
We are only 1 win off fourth, after WC thrashing the swans there's barely a % gap as well. We need to be competitive against the hawks and I'm confident we will get over the top of the crows and Ablettless suns. From there it's just a matter of where we slot into the 8. Would love to steal the swans spot as I'd hate another elimination final. Players like Edwards, Knights, Conca/C.Ellis I'd love to see fit and firing by finals time as they provide that poise and class we'be lacked in our most recent losses.

simply put..i think we are the third best team in the comp..BUT we are the worst team for coughing up certain wins..brainfades and stupidity are our undoing....we play like the last quarter against the saints..and like we stuffed up against free..we do that against hawks,,north..pies and crows..we aint plating finals...we need to get our hunger and act together TODAY.....we will lose to the hawks and watch the doubts and panic stations buttons get pushed...we lose to the crows and we be outta the eight

I said before the Freo game we need to win one of our next three.

Thats now down to one of the next 2.

Hawks unlikely so needs to be the Crows in Adelaide.

Lose that, I can see us missing the 8.

Don't forget Essendrugs knocked them off earlier this year!!! I know the Hawks are peaking at the right time but if they are 5% off and we are able to make the most of every opportunity then it is game on.

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:
Don't forget Essendrugs knocked them off earlier this year!!! I know the Hawks are peaking at the right time but if they are 5% off and we are able to make the most of every opportunity then it is game on.

We have been 5% off for the last 10 weeks