The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

PBoRSM said:
Interestingly according to this website, the Hawthorn v Brisbane game later this year has the biggest impact on whether we make the 8 out of games that don't involve us. ???

How is that even possible?

Today's loss has ended any chance of top 4 IMO.

An opportunity wasted in true Richmond tradition.

3 wins to guarantee finals. With our draw I wouldn't bank on us making it.

There is sure to be a number of worrying times as the remainder of the season unfolds.
Next four weeks determine the team's destination ... and finals football is far from being guaranteed.

toby64 said:
Today's loss has ended any chance of top 4 IMO.

An opportunity wasted in true Richmond tradition.

3 wins to guarantee finals. With our draw I wouldn't bank on us making it.

Top 4 talk was always premature. I'd be focusing on making the 8. Could still have 7 teams from 5th to 11th within 6 points of each other after this round. 13 wins wont guarantee finals. We need to win 4 out of 6 to be sure (realistically 4 out of 5 if we lose to Hawthorn). Percentage may be very important if 13 wins does get you in. It's a pity we didn't put Saints away properly.

Just got a sick feeling it will come down to our last game against North.

Finals isn't guaranteed.

This is the Richmond way.

if there good enough they will make it. next week will tell alot win or lose need to be competitive and hard at it all night with a chance of winning and iam confident thats whats going to happen.do a carlton season might as well be over

Let's face it if we can't win 3 of Crows, Suns, Bombers, Pies and North then we don't deserve to play finals.

We are a middle of the road side at best. Don't have the cattle to be any better than that at this stage

toby64 said:
Let's face it if we can't win 3 of Crows, Suns, Bombers, Pies and North then we don't deserve to play finals.

We are a middle of the road side at best. Don't have the cattle to be any better than that at this stage

Let's put it this way, it's in our destiny as Crows, Pies, North are all vying for top 8 so they're in effect 8 point games. It still bothers me that teams like North and Bulldogs might get in ahead of Tigers purely because of the easier draw due to not finishing top 8 last year.

tigerlove said:
Let's put it this way, it's in our destiny as Crows, Pies, North are all vying for top 8 so they're in effect 8 point games. It still bothers me that teams like North and Bulldogs might get in ahead of Tigers purely because of the easier draw due to not finishing top 8 last year.
North finished 4th?

Holy sh!t man, that is our worst loss in many years.
We win and people are thinking we are giant killers, the only team who can challenge Hawthorn. We lose and people are thinking: lol Ninethmond fail again.

Gutted :(

CC TIGER said:
Biggest game of the year, how often do you go in favourites against the league leader ....Win this top 4 is on, lose an we could be battling for 8th in a month....Win an gain a lot of respect, lose an the media will thrive on our failing on the big stage
This was like our third finals appearance in the last three years and we've lost them all.
Expectations are high and honourable losses just aren't tolerable, careers will end very quickly if we keep blowing winnable games. Sure we're getting closer, and any one of the six posters, just sneaking in, would have given us a win
But we just blew it through crap disposal, a little bit of panic and pathetic, pathetic wastefulness kicking at goal, we played well enough to set up a big game win, and it became an awful bitter loss, again.
Time to bite the bullet and bring in C Ellis, Menadue and have a very close look at Castagna, all very nice kicks, clean skills and definitely our future, as is Lennon.
Bad luck for Hampson getting injured after a good half of footy, Maric played well as a forward, Lambert was ok, Lloyd better after his first minutes, as he settled, but there's better options in the 2's, see above.
And comparing Selwood with Cotchin, great captains kick clutch goals and get their team over the line, but he can learn from games like this. Same for Jack, and for Martin, they have to convert chances to be elite finals players
Toughen up Tigers and finish off "big boy month" with a good effort vs the Hawks, and anything but a W is a poor effort because youre now setting the bar much higher.

toby64 said:

Spot on Toby

I believe tgat at the moment we are a top 4 team.
We've had last nights loss to freo (1) WCE (2nd*)

We aren't fourth because of losses quite some time ago, to teams below us, that we should have beaten.
This season is another year of uni for these tigers.

But We really can't get Ty conca edwards Knights and C Ellis back in our team quickly enough.

Carter said:
Disagree fellas.

The only thing holding us back is poise.

Not sure poise is something that can be easily developed.

You either have it or you dont.

Too many dont hence the list isnt good enough IMO

DirtyDogTiger said:
I believe tgat at the moment we are a top 4 team.
We've had last nights loss to freo (1) WCE (2nd*)

We aren't fourth because of losses quite some time ago, to teams below us, that we should have beaten.
This season is another year of uni for these tigers.

But We really can't get Ty conca edwards Knights and C Ellis back in our team quickly enough.
Ty will be back next week, and I think C. Ellis is probably only another game away from getting back in. Conca also not far away. Edwards should also be back before the end of the season. Could still cause a few more surprises this year.

Carter said:
Disagree fellas.

Carter and I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree 100% with Michael Caine on this one.

We played that game to perfection EXCEPT kicking for goal and the last minute. We have the kryptonite for Lyon's boys.

toby64 said:
Not sure poise is something that can be easily developed.

You either have it or you dont.

Too many dont hence the list isnt good enough IMO

Disagree Tobes. Think back three years - how many close games did we lose? A heap. This year I'd back us to win 7-8 ten close games because of improved "poise".

That said no side can win 'em all - last night was one of those.

antman said:
Disagree Tobes. Think back three years - how many close games did we lose? A heap. This year I'd back us to win 7-8 ten close games because of improved "poise".

That said no side can win 'em all - last night was one of those.
This is true, but it's also why losses to the likes of Melbourne are so costly long term.

Carter said:
Disagree fellas.

Agree 100%.

In the past we could only hope to beat 1st on the ladder if everything went right for us and everything went wrong for them. The stars had to align.

Now, we should be beating anyone even when injuries go against us, when luck goes against us, when suspensions go against us, when we kick poorly for goal, and regardless of fortune we can still lead all day, dominate key stats, and generally look like the better team. Freo only ever looked like scoring from free kicks and never once looked like stringing goals together, they were the ones trying to pinch it off us.

Even then, Freo failed to pinch it from us. They could only wait. Wait for us to have a lapse in poise, and hand it to them.

We won't hand over many games in the coming years.