The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

CarnTheTiges said:
I really think you're onto something there. In 2013 just making finals was the goal, we got there and no one really knew how to manage the team or handle finals footy. Last year our poor start meant that we spent all our petrol tickets to fall in and were smashed by Port who had planned it all out. This year, we're the ones with the experience and doing the planning. The last quarter yesterday creates concerns about the players mindset, but overall this is working out pretty much to plan. They're starting to worry about us.

Yeah, I took "big boy month" to mean "We need to win ugly during a heavy training load when we're sore".

The idea of encouraging hard, tough football in July is a mindset thing because it's the month with the heaviest workload. It's the easiest time to drop games.

We'll begin to peak early/mid-August and hardly train during September at all.

Chimptastic said:
Yeah, I took "big boy month" to mean "We need to win ugly during a heavy training load when we're sore".

The idea of encouraging hard, tough football in July is a mindset thing because it's the month with the heaviest workload. It's the easiest time to drop games.

We'll begin to peak early/mid-August and hardly train during September at all.

Hardly training in Sept for us is nothing new

A few comments on here stating we have been in a very hard training load period...

Can people that actually go to training that talk to people at the club confirm this?

If so how long does it go for June - July 4 weeks?

Obviously you need to be in a good position like us to use this type as i doubt last year at 3-10 the players were getting flogged (other than on the game day)

Tigertough1974 said:
Obviously you need to be in a good position like us to use this type as i doubt last year at 3-10 the players were getting flogged (other than on the game day)

I doubt we were loading up in prep for the finals, we were in survival mode. But that may help to explain we did score wins over more fancied opponents in more magical run home as they were loading up while we were running on empty.

if we win the next 2...

pudding-basin-lid-off.jpg

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. LOSS (20) 6-5 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. WIN. (18) 7-5 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants WIN. (9) 8-5 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton WIN. (30) 9-5 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints Win. (16). 10-5 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. 6-10. 11-5
R17 v Hawks. 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers

We need to maul and wreck fremantle tomorrow.

our footy team hasn't been this good since Bartlett stunned Collingwood.

Fremantle are weakened at the moment and are the worst top team for round 15 since the Second World War.

What have thry done away from Perth? Not much.

I'll be shattered if we don't have 4 more points tomorrow night.

It's a finals rehearsal

Tigers by 30

Too right DDT, it will be very frustrating to drop this one now, even against the top of the ladder side. We beat them there, we should be beating them here.

i hope we beat Freo cos
A) i hope we win every game we play, but also
B) it will make the Fri night Hawks game huuuuuge.

Checkout this piece of statistical analysis.

http://www.matterofstats.com/mafl-simulations/2015/7/20/simulating-the-finalists-for-2015-after-round-16

Apparently between us and Syd for fourth.

I always believe we should beat interstaters at home, just as interstaters would expect to beat Victorian teams at home.

We need to win at least one of the next three. This is the one.

toby64 said:
I always believe we should beat interstaters at home, just as interstaters would expect to beat Victorian teams at home.

We need to win at least one of the next three. This is the one.

The fact is that fremantle haven't lost games to Melbourne north and geelong who aren't In the 8.
They've lost twice to richmond and the Hawks

If we'd only lost to Western Bulldogs and west coast, we'd be up there with them.

But the Hawks are probably the best team and theyve lost winnable games too.

If we'd beaten Melbourne and west coast on our ground then we'd be 2nd on the ladder.
Both games were all square at half time.

In the second half we kicked 1 goal to the oppositions 6 goals.

We kept giving the footy back on both occasions.

Freo wont let us win ugly.
need to pull our finger out in this game.

Biggest game of the year, how often do you go in favourites against the league leader ....Win this top 4 is on, lose an we could be battling for 8th in a month....Win an gain a lot of respect, lose an the media will thrive on our failing on the big stage

Many have us locked into the top 8 at this stage which I find strange. In today's Herald Sun they had our odds of making the finals $1.12.

Our run home isn't as easy as many make it out to be.

Will start outsiders against Hawks.

Probably 50/50 against Freo, Crows, Pies and North

Favorites against Suns and Bombers.

Anything can happen. Don't want to leave it till the last minute.

Tomorrow is a big game.

toby64 said:
Many have us locked into the top 8 at this stage which I find strange. In today's Herald Sun they had our odds of making the finals $1.12.

Our run home isn't as easy as many make it out to be.

Will start outsiders against Hawks.

Probably 50/50 against Freo, Crows, Pies and North

Favorites against Suns and Bombers.

Anything can happen. Don't want to leave it till the last minute.

Tomorrow is a big game.

if we played either the pies or roos this week we would be deserved favourites.
we will be favourites against the crows.
we are favourites, rightly so, tomorrow.
we just have to win 3 to make it.

while i dont see we are quite certainties it would take a big fall for us not make it.

sausage_meat69 said:
Checkout this piece of statistical analysis.

http://www.matterofstats.com/mafl-simulations/2015/7/20/simulating-the-finalists-for-2015-after-round-16

Apparently between us and Syd for fourth.

Interestingly according to this website, the Hawthorn v Brisbane game later this year has the biggest impact on whether we make the 8 out of games that don't involve us. ???

The next 2 games are the least relevant of games that do involve us.

If we finish off with a 5-2 record I can see % deciding 4th between us and Sydney - last week's fade out may cost us.

Very similar to 2013 where the round 21 Carlton fade out cost us 4th and a date against Hawthorn.

This week is key, next week not so much.