The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Speaking to work mates, they think we should every game but Hawks for rest of the season.

se7en said:
Speaking to work mates, they think we should every game but Hawks for rest of the season.

If we play like we did on the weekend but convert goals, that's probably fair. Adelaide, Collingwood and North are the higher risk ones but should beat all three on form.

Funnily enough, I thought our game on the weekend was as close to a 4 qtr effort as we have made this year but we lost.

Adelaide's emotion charged game will take it's toll. We'll beat them.
Collingwood have just lost 5 in a row. The only people pumping them up are the media.
North are our boogey team. But I would expect we meet them just when the coaches are making sure our boys are peaking. If we don't beat them then we wouldn't go far in Sept either.

Yeah we likely won't go far in September anyway if we can't win at least two of the Collingwood, Crows and North games.

Baloo said:
Adelaide's emotion charged game will take it's toll. We'll beat them.
Collingwood have just lost 5 in a row. The only people pumping them up are the media.
North are our boogey team. But I would expect we meet them just when the coaches are making sure our boys are peaking. If we don't beat them then we wouldn't go far in Sept either.

have a good record on the road.
Expecting that to continue. 8-

BrisTiger24 said:
If we play like we did on the weekend but convert goals, that's probably fair. Adelaide, Collingwood and North are the higher risk ones but should beat all three on form.

Funnily enough, I thought our game on the weekend was as close to a 4 qtr effort as we have made this year but we lost.
Was a good 4 quarter effort. Imagine if we had converted half our posters, Cotch kicked straight and Freo only received half the soft frees in front of goal (and I won't even count the water bottle incident) we would have won by at least 30 points. I think we are in it big time on Friday night. As Ivvy said on the Sunday Footy Show - "I can't wait for it".

The Mole said:
Was a good 4 quarter effort. Imagine if we had converted half our posters, Cotch kicked straight and Freo only received half the soft frees in front of goal (and I won't even count the water bottle incident) we would have won by at least 30 points. I think we are in it big time on Friday night. As Ivvy said on the Sunday Footy Show - "I can't wait for it".
Richmond are paying $5.50 under 39 points.

Seems pretty good value to me.

As I said on another thread - who of Suns (no Ablett and at the G), Collingwood (no forward line) and Essendon (no coach) will beat us and stop us getting to 13 wins and finals action.

We also have Adelaide (away) as insurance which I am very confident we can win also. North - we are an outside chance. Win all those and we are still an outside chance for top 4 (although unlikely).

So lets just sit back and have a free hit at Hawthorn and hope we can cause an upset on Friday.

If the quirks of the season continue - we may even find 12 wins is sufficient, but I wont rest easy till we have the 13 wins that guarantees us a spot.

se7en said:

same here. they believe we are top 4 - none of them are Tigers.

artball said:
same here. they believe we are top 4 - none of them are Tigers.

funny how outsiders see more of an upside.
Richmond slowly getting a bit of respect now when I chat to people about football. :)

se7en said:
funny how outsiders see more of an upside.
Richmond slowly getting a bit of respect now when I chat to people about football. :)

Friday night exposure (and winning) does that.

Wins over the last 10 games
I didn't factor any % in the order

Hawks 9
WCE. 9
Freo 8
Rich 8
Sydney 7
Western Bulldogs 6
North 6
Adelaide 5*
Geelong 5*
GWS Giants 5
Collingwood 4
Port power 4
St kilda 4
Melbourne 3
Essendon 2
Carlton 2
GC Suns 1
Brisbane 1

* 1 match abandoned - 2pts to each team

year of the tiger said:
As I said on another thread - who of Suns (no Ablett and at the G), Collingwood (no forward line) and Essendon (no coach) will beat us and stop us getting to 13 wins and finals action.

We also have Adelaide (away) as insurance which I am very confident we can win also. North - we are an outside chance. Win all those and we are still an outside chance for top 4 (although unlikely).

So lets just sit back and have a free hit at Hawthorn and hope we can cause an upset on Friday.

If the quirks of the season continue - we may even find 12 wins is sufficient, but I wont rest easy till we have the 13 wins that guarantees us a spot.

Collingwood will have Cloke, Elliott and therefore their forward line back by the time they play us.

More worried about our lack of a forward line

This Friday should be massive and I hope we go the distance.
The ladder above shows that We are a top 4 team and I hope this time next year we are a legit flag contender

Adelaide and North will be tough games and we must win them.

The Collingwood essendon and suns game should not trouble us too much

I have no doubt we'll make the 8.
Just comes down to were and who we play.

If its the Dogs or North, I'm going to be very nervous.

I'm hoping on the eve of the finals about 10 teams get disqualified like druggies in 2013 and we get to play Brisbane...
Though we would probably find a way to lose to Brisbane in a final...

Seriously could live with Adelaide , every other team we could face makes me nervous..

toby64 said:
Collingwood will have Cloke, Elliott and therefore their forward line back by the time they play us.

More worried about our lack of a forward line

Has cloke played this year ? (I know he has run out on the ground this year but has he seriously turned up ;D) Rance - Cloke = no contest

DirtyDogTiger said:
This Friday should be massive and I hope we go the distance.
The ladder above shows that We are a top 4 team and I hope this time next year we are a legit flag contender

Adelaide and North will be tough games and we must win them.

The Collingwood essendon and suns game should not trouble us too much
Heh, as a lifetime RFC supporter painfully aware of the last 30 yrs, I never want to get ahead of myself. That old coach's cliche - "One week at a time," is the only way to look at it. We are not getting much luck this year, although Suns losing Ablett again is fortunate, but Pies will have best forwards back. Gibson just got off another gut-punch. Even Druggies looking better with young talent in. Killed PA in stats; just couldn't convert. Could go on, but basically anything can still happen. I'm still mad about our continuing forward ineptitude; Freo loss has opened the door for Dogs, Crows, Roos but Swans may be dropping off.

year of the tiger said:

Highly possible it could be 13 wins AND percentage or even 13.5 wins with 2 teams within half a game an 1.5 games away from us.
Just doing the ladder predictor and taking a pessimistic view that we lose to Hawthorn and Adelaide (at their home) the following week and we could conceivably be 10th by that round. I continued on to Round 22 and had 4 teams already on 13 wins and 2, Geelong and Adelaide on 12.5 wins. Tigers 7th and North 8th. Last Round 23, Geelong play Adelaide and North play Tigers. Losers of both are out of the finals. If Tigers win they'd possibly jump back to 5th. 8th place in predcitor has 13.5 wins. Man this is potentially going to be very tight. Percentage is going to play a huge part which means our performance against Hawthorn is very important, we don't want a blow out as our percentage is quite good in comparison to some other teams. Gonna be a nervous 6 weeks.