The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

tigerlove said:
Highly possible it could be 13 wins AND percentage or even 13.5 wins with 2 teams within half a game an 1.5 games away from us.
Just doing the ladder predictor and taking a pessimistic view that we lose to Hawthorn and Adelaide (at their home) the following week and we could conceivably be 10th by that round. I continued on to Round 22 and had 4 teams already on 13 wins and 2, Geelong and Adelaide on 12.5 wins. Tigers 7th and North 8th. Last Round 23, Geelong play Adelaide and North play Tigers. Losers of both are out of the finals. If Tigers win they'd possibly jump back to 5th. 8th place in predcitor has 13.5 wins. Man this is potentially going to be very tight. Percentage is going to play a huge part which means our performance against Hawthorn is very important, we don't want a blow out as our percentage is quite good in comparison to some other teams. Gonna be a nervous 6 weeks.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds and I am also a tad nervous but more confident than I can ever remember.

Note the predictor I had us only winning 3 as a worst case scenario but still making it but agree upsets can and do happen.

year of the tiger said:
It will be interesting to see what unfolds and I am also a tad nervous but more confident than I can ever remember.

Note the predictor I had us only winning 3 as a worst case scenario but still making it but agree upsets can and do happen.

Yep 4 out of last 6 will get us there. Hawthorn looks like a foregone conclusion so can only potentially afford 1 slip up. Adelaide is never easy over there. We've been North's lacky for a few years now. Magpies aren't the worst side going around just having a bad period. Yeah I'm nervous.

I see the "experts" have us losing to HAwthorn and North on the run home. finishing 5th

DirtyDogTiger said:
This Friday should be massive and I hope we go the distance.
The ladder above shows that We are a top 4 team and I hope this time next year we are a legit flag contender

Adelaide and North will be tough games and we must win them.

The Collingwood essendon and suns game should not trouble us too much

With our recent record against the top four sides, I reckon if we had beaten the dockers (as we should have) then we would have been a flag contender this year.

If we kick straight on Friday night I reckon we will beat the Hawks but it is too late. The door on the top four is basically shut now (unless the swans fall in a big hole over the next few weeks against crows, cats and pies).

Not confident at all of making the 8.

Our profligacy in games such as Carlton and St Kilda, which cost us valuable percentage and of course on Saturday which cost us a valuable 4 points, is an ongoing concern.

I said it after the St Kilda game, that the better teams won't let us get away with it, and Freo didn't.

The fact that it is has been a problem, the club knows its a problem yet it is still a problem suggests there is no magic formula that will suddenly turn it around.

Going to be a nerve racking final 6 games.

year of the tiger said:
Has cloke played this year ? (I know he has run out on the ground this year but has he seriously turned up ;D) Rance - Cloke = no contest
Played against us. Did okay for the first quarter before we moved Rance onto him.

toby64 said:

Our profligacy in games such as Carlton and St Kilda, which cost us valuable percentage and of course on Saturday which cost us a valuable 4 points, is an ongoing concern.

I said it after the St Kilda game, that the better teams won't let us get away with it, and Freo didn't.

The fact that it is has been a problem, the club knows its a problem yet it is still a problem suggests there is no magic formula that will suddenly turn it around.

This thread of late is borderline ridiculous. We will beat hawthorn but 21 points and finish 4th.

Apart from the 50/50 odds of the Hawthorn result going the wrong way, I don't think we will lose another game for the rest of 2015.

West Coast maybe.

toby64 said:

You must be a barrel of laughs at the footy.

Chimptastic said:
Apart from the 50/50 odds of the Hawthorn result going the wrong way, I don't think we will lose another game for the rest of 2015.

West Coast maybe.

This is more like it.

We are now a good side. Much better than we were even 10 weeks ago. The good news is that we are improving at a solid rate. Let's face it, who has more upside - miles or Mitchell? Lennon or Breust? Macintosh or Gunston? Lambert or Lewis? Vlaustin or Gibson?

Lot to look forward to this year.

Chimptastic said:

West Coast maybe.

Similar but I have this week as 40/60 against us. Then in the Grand Final I think inexperience of playing in the big dance will have us losing to the Hawks.

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. LOSS (20) 6-5 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. WIN. (18) 7-5 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants WIN. (9) 8-5 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton WIN. (30) 9-5 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints Win. (16). 10-5 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. LOSS (4). 10-6 6-10. 11-5
R17 V Hawth. 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers
[/quote]

Chimptastic said:

West Coast maybe.

West Coast is the rematch I most want bettingwise, Chimpta.

Interesting that you assess the Hawthorn game 50/50. The Freo game was a good form indicator. Win the categories / lose the match. That's what we did. It's a recipe for agony and IME a good precursor to quantum improvement. We'll improve massively off that loss. We will play some savage disciplined football on Friday.

evo said:
Richmond are paying $5.50 under 39 points.

Seems pretty good value to me.

$5.25 with TAB outright, evo. $5.60 with LUXBET. $5.25 is plenty. (I will have a little something on us 39.5+)

The TAB bookie hates us and put up $15 on Monday about us making the GF. Double the right price. ($7.50 with Sportsbet.) I took a lot of that. $11 now is still ok. Only at TAB.

The bet of the moment IMO is us H2H against Hawthorn. Even if you fancy us for the flag. ($26 TAB) If you were fancying us for the flag you'd have 1 unit on us to beat Hawthorn and then $5.25 units on us for the flag at $14 on Monday. With the TAB, of course - we'll be $8 everywhere else.

This Friday's game defines our season. The Hawks are playing a lot of out the back ball. We'll be hard. We can't let em play that way.

Go the Mighty Tigers.

Perfect 6 weeks to tell us exactly where we are , if we are good enough will make it, if not we won't, let's see if we have really improved an matured

has anyone sat down and worked out a likely outcome with all the other sides probable wins and losses over the next six weeks and were we will likely end up..
I fear hawks crows and north losses

arlobill said:
has anyone sat down and worked out a likely outcome with all the other sides probable wins and losses over the next six weeks and were we will likely end up..
I fear hawks crows and north losses

I did ladder predictor with Hawks, Crows and North losses - has us finishing 7th, playing Crows away in the first week of finals.

id happier playing the crows first week than dogs or north.....ultimetly id love to end up top four ..and if we win the last four I imagine we will end forth??

I think we can end up fourth but it'll come down to percentage with swannies.