The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Massive two weeks for the Richmond Football club. We won "dirty/ugly" over the last 3 weeks, we HAVE come a long way as these 3 games over the last 30 years could easily have been 0-3! We have a chance to really make a statement, Freo and Hawks, one on top and wanting revenge from their 1st loss of 2015, and a red hot Hawthorn.

Are we a real force ??? dare I say a dark horse for the flag or will the next two weeks put us back in the pack with the others in the close but not close enough group.

Not a bad effort being 10 and 5 without very many 4 quarter performances in 2015.... Imagine when we click for 120 min of football. !!

really spitting chips with that last quarter. Sydney's percentage to a big hit this weekend and a 10 goal win would have put us within striking distance of running them down.

The Mole said:
Absolutely agree. I saw Dimma speaking on TV yesterday and he mentioned something about not wanting to be absolutely in top form at this time of the year and peaking now - I took it to mean that they are managing training loads, players etc with a view to finals, hence the sub par performances in the past few weeks.

Yep. The business end of the season is opening up from this week.

My predictions FWIW

R16 v FReo. It's going to be tight. I reckon Ross will have the Dockers up and abouts after a run of poor form. Loss for us
R17 v Hawks. As much as I like to think they are our bunnies, they are hitting a purple patch. Loss for us
R18 v Crows. The emotion they have been through will have taken it's toll. Win for us
R19 v Suns. Win for us
R20 v Collingwood. Pies are one of thebest teams in the AFL this season according to the media. Win for us.
R21 v Essendon. 120pt win to us
R22 v North. Hate them and they make me nervous. Could go either way but I reckon we'll be hitting our peak heading into the finals so win for us.

5-2 for the remander of the season.

Baloo said:
My predictions FWIW

R16 v FReo. It's going to be tight. I reckon Ross will have the Dockers up and abouts after a run of poor form. Loss for us
R17 v Hawks. As much as I like to think they are our bunnies, they are hitting a purple patch. Loss for us
R18 v Crows. The emotion they have been through will have taken it's toll. Win for us
R19 v Suns. Win for us
R20 v Collingwood. Pies are one of thebest teams in the AFL this season according to the media. Win for us.
R21 v Essendon. 120pt win to us
R22 v North. Hate them and they make me nervous. Could go either way but I reckon we'll be hitting our peak heading into the finals so win for us.

5-2 for the remander of the season.

I'd take that. Where would that leave us on the ladder?

The Mole said:
Absolutely agree. I saw Dimma speaking on TV yesterday and he mentioned something about not wanting to be absolutely in top form at this time of the year and peaking now - I took it to mean that they are managing training loads, players etc with a view to finals, hence the sub par performances in the past few weeks.
I really think you're onto something there. In 2013 just making finals was the goal, we got there and no one really knew how to manage the team or handle finals footy. Last year our poor start meant that we spent all our petrol tickets to fall in and were smashed by Port who had planned it all out. This year, we're the ones with the experience and doing the planning. The last quarter yesterday creates concerns about the players mindset, but overall this is working out pretty much to plan. They're starting to worry about us.

TigerForce said:
Yep. 15-7 is usually top 4, however, I still think we can beat Freo at home and catch the Hawks off-guard a bit.

So you're predicting the 7-0 run home and then I'm the brightsider ? :)

Baloo said:
So you're predicting the 7-0 run home and then I'm the brightsider ? :)

Nothing to do with this brightsider, darksider, dimlightsider, jetblacksider, whateverthefucksider nonsense.

Fact is, when we play so bad, we can't lose.... ;D

Two losses in a row will have us at ninth...plenty riding on the next two matches.

I am actually somewhat confident this week and for the remaining games. Only likely losses I can see are to the Hawks and Roos.

Did the ladder predictor and it has us finishing 5th and playing the winner of the Cats v Crows game.

tigertime2 said:
Two losses in a row will have us at ninth...plenty riding on the next two matches.

i just did ladder predictor and after the next two rounds say we lose to freo and hawks by closish margins and other Teams near us on the ladder don't have blow out wins , worse we will be is 6th.

we are 2 games up on north and 15%

1 game up on dogs and 7 %

2 games up on the scum and minus 5%

1 and 1/2 games up on crows and 9%

1 game up on GWS and 8%

2 and 1/2 gems up on cats and 16%

Hopefully though we beat Freo, Crows lose to gold Coast, North lose to Lions, Cats beat GWS, Dogs lose to pies.