The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Gone a game clear on 5th now, but have to keep winning. Nice to see Collingwood sitting on 9th. Should we start calling them Ninthwood?

haven't Collingwood nosed dived and is that Port's season cooked - they are now a long way back.

Could GWS and Doggies start putting a gap between the 8 and the chasing teams (play Geelong and Collingwood respectively)

Freo (MCG)
Hawks (MCG)
Adel (AO)
GC (MCG)
Coll (MCG)
Ess (MCG)
North (ES)

Can we win 5...?

Hawks - NO.
North - NO (just cos we don't).
Freo - 50/50
Adel - 50/50
Coll - 50/50
GC - Yes
Ess - Yes

I'd take 4 wins, for 5th spot.

Midsy said:
Freo (MCG)
Hawks (MCG)
Adel (AO)
GC (MCG)
Coll (MCG)
Ess (MCG)
North (ES)

Can we win 5...?

Hawks - NO.
Freo - 50/50
Adel - 50/50
Coll - 50/50
GC - Yes
Ess - Yes

It's a pretty good warm up for the finals

doherz said:
Clubs have a 10 year cycle when they're up. They've been up since 2007. Window will shut next year or 2017.
Wouldn't be surprised if they made the grannie and got thumped.
Ten year cycle still leaves them this year n next. Thought they might start to taper last year but they've gone from strength to strength. The introduction of the two new clubs diluted the available talent pool for all the rebuilding clubs, which allowed the already strong clubs to maintain their advantage.
Clubs with a strong list have also had the benefit of trading out quality experience for elite juniors. Hawks have also been brilliant at trading players for specific needs or finding free agents for needs.
No doubt the Hawks will also wane eventually, just as the Cats, n perhaps finally the Swans n Frockers are starting to do.
Sydaknee has been in consistent finals n flag contention since 2003 n the Cats since 2004 so it kinda puts a dent in the ten year cycle.

Chimptastic said:
Rightly or wrongly, I feel certain we'll make the finals. The current leadership group has stood up this year to force us to stop comparing them to the past. Not just because of talent, but because of good leadership club-wide.

We'll accidentally win more than we accidentally lose.

Inclined to agree, at worst we will just fall in, at best 5th and perhaps play Nth two weeks in a row

Still not confident of finals yet
Last quarter yesterday shows how we don't have that killer instinct to push into the top bracket really poor effort after the coach asked the players at 3 quarter time to finish them off .
Forward line structure is shocking , same problems as last year we have double the wins of the saints and scored 6 points more for the year .

69 vintage said:
Last quarter yesterday shows how we don't have that killer instinct to push into the top bracket really poor effort after the coach asked the players at 3 quarter time to finish them off .

This is what holds us back. Contentment factor. Will be burned against 2 of the seven left to play, would make the Adel/Coll/Nth games 50/50 at best, and should roll GC and Ess. That the boys were asked, warned and still contentment showed up in the 4th qtr is a worry. Not self-motivated enough, requires a bake or similar to achieve full potential still.

With more winners of games being the team that comes from behind, it is a huge risk to our finals aspirations.

Midsy said:
Freo (MCG)
Hawks (MCG)
Adel (AO)
GC (MCG)
Coll (MCG)
Ess (MCG)
North (ES)

Can we win 5...?

Hawks - NO.
Freo - 50/50
Adel - 50/50
Coll - 50/50
GC - Yes
Ess - Yes

Agree.

We need to beat North though otherwise I think we'll be playing them first week of finals.

Midsy said:
Freo (MCG)
Hawks (MCG)
Adel (AO)
GC (MCG)
Coll (MCG)
Ess (MCG)
North (ES)

Can we win 5...?

Hawks - NO.

I wouldn't say we can't beat hawthorn and North but we will need to play very well.

I really really really want the North scalp

I think we,ll beat GC, Essendon & North (their reign over us has to end!). Don't think we,ll beat Hawthorn, Freo I doubt and Collingwood/Crows 50/50.

69 vintage said:
Still not confident of finals yet
Forward line structure is shocking , same problems as last year we have double the wins of the saints and scored 6 points more for the year .

Nah - to use your analogy of yesterdays game - even if we stopped now 3/4 of the way through the season, we should still fall over the line and play in September.

The club is in serious finals mode preparations - they are really giving top 4 a shake and who knows, unlikely, but its clearly on their radar.

As I posted on game day thread - the team that ran out yesterday can be seriously improved by 25% with Vickery, Griffiths, Conca, Edwards and I have put C Ellis into that this group also - that's 5 players that will make us a seriously better, faster, more attacking team with inside grunt.

And we only travel once. (or twice if you count the rd 23 at Etihad)

I am really looking forward to the next two MCG games - the team believes and our leaders have learnt an invaluable lesson this year - how to stand up when its required.

Reckon we're struggling with a combination of form of some mid to bottom range players and injury / suspension to structurally important players. Late season the players get a bit sore n niggly then we fall into the hole of injury n suspensions and the whole balance of the team just goes off by five percent. Lousy little five percent is more than enough to have teams struggling for consistency of performance and the competition is far to even to be able to get away with being off even just a little bit.

Would be nice to have the likes of Shedda, Ty, Griff, Conca, C.Ellis, Knights, Foley all fit n firing leading into the home run to finals. There'd be a massive boost to the structure n balance of the team with these options available plus a decent handful of our other youngsters as back up.

year of the tiger said:
As I posted on game day thread - the team that ran out yesterday can be seriously improved by 25% with Vickery, Griffiths, Conca, Edwards and I have put C Ellis into that this group also - that's 5 players that will make us a seriously better, faster, more attacking team with inside grunt.

Don't forget Knights. Hope he's in sooner rather than later.

What a change a year makes. This time last year we were bemoaning the meaningless wins which would ruin our draft position

year of the tiger said:
Nah - to use your analogy of yesterdays game - even if we stopped now 3/4 of the way through the season, we should still fall over the line and play in September.

The club is in serious finals mode preparations - they are really giving top 4 a shake and who knows, unlikely, but its clearly on their radar.

And we only travel once. (or twice if you count the rd 23 at Etihad)

I am really looking forward to the next two MCG games - the team believes and our leaders have learnt an invaluable lesson this year - how to stand up when its required.
Absolutely agree. I saw Dimma speaking on TV yesterday and he mentioned something about not wanting to be absolutely in top form at this time of the year and peaking now - I took it to mean that they are managing training loads, players etc with a view to finals, hence the sub par performances in the past few weeks.