The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
293 Hawthorn (208)
265 Sydney (157)
260 Geelong (130)
220 Fremantle (94)
184 Collingwood (94)
152 North Melbourne (66)
137 Port Adelaide (80)
122 Essendon (42)
119 West Coast (49)
113 St.Kilda (52)
106 Carlton (43)
86 Adelaide (32)
59 Melbourne (27)
56 Richmond (6)
53 Western Bulldogs (19)
50 GWS (23)
47 Brisbane (21), Gold Coast (26)

Wins in brackets.

Both sets of figures include retired players Cornes (19-11), Judd (17-7), Reilly (10-4), Waters (9-5), Maguire (4-1), Sylvia (2-1).
i

wow the stat in the bracket truly sums up life as a Richmond supporter in recent history.

DirtyDogTiger said:
It's fairer to say we are 16/6 from our last 22 games.

DDT its actually not fairer, i hate it when thats trodden out.. why not include the 13 (3-10) games before that..??

I understand why Dimma does it as the media are sheep, however dont buy into that crap, we are where we are, if the above was reality we'd be a lock for top 4

We are where we are 16 6 doesn't change our season but it gives an indication of our trend over the last 22. I wouldn't call that crap. Crap would be if Dimma was removing poor games as anomalies in the middle of the trend.

Agree its an snippet of a trend, however, part of the challenge is to put it together for the Full calander season... the fact we were appalling prior to the start point distorts the larger picture...

Tigertough1974 said:
Agree its an snippet of a trend, however, part of the challenge is to put it together for the Full calander season... the fact we were appalling prior to the start point distorts the larger picture...

The year before we were 15 - 7, so looking at the last 2.5 years as a whole it's fair to say 16 - 6 or 15 - 7 is about accurate for us and the start of 2014 was the aberration.

Chimptastic said:
The year before we were 15 - 7, so looking at the last 2.5 years as a whole it's fair to say 16 - 6 or 15 - 7 is about accurate for us and the start of 2014 was the aberration.

No abboration mate... 13 games is a decent sample size, i call an abberation the Melbourne game perhaps, not 13

last year we were 12-10 i think, this year were 7-5....

Fair difference id say for 16-6

2013 was a wonderful year though and i do think were on the way up..

BS to other people but dont BS yourself, i am confident RFC are not BS'ing themselves

Tigertough1974 said:
DDT its actually not fairer, i hate it when thats trodden out.. why not include the 13 (3-10) games before that..??

I understand why Dimma does it as the media are sheep, however dont buy into that crap, we are where we are, if the above was reality we'd be a lock for top 4

Posted this elsewhere in support of a different argument.

Knights 2008-10 67-25-41-1 (38%)
Hardwick 2010-12 66-24-40-2 (38%)

Hird/Thompson 102-52-48-2 (52%)
Hardwick 58-34-24 (59%)

The first two were rebuilding teams, the later two maturing teams. Coaching was a plum job at both clubs after Knights' and Hardwick's first three years.

So Essendon, with two years' head start, a mega-costly superstar coaching panel and the recruiting of quality experienced players to push for a flag is doing significantly worse than Hardwick, yet it's Hardwick who has had to endure calls for his head.

The only coaches with better records in this period are Clarkson, Lyon, Longmire and Scott, who began with hardened senior teams and remain significantly older still (with Geelong undergoing a refurbishment now).

Dimma's done OK & deserves our support.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Hardwick 58-34-24 (59%)

The first two were rebuilding teams, the later two maturing teams. Coaching was a plum job at both clubs after Knights' and Hardwick's first three years.

So Essendon, with two years' head start, a mega-costly superstar coaching panel and the recruiting of quality experienced players to push for a flag is doing significantly worse than Hardwick, yet it's Hardwick who has had to endure calls for his head.

The only coaches with better records in this period are Clarkson, Lyon, Longmire and Scott, who began with hardened senior teams and remain significantly older still (with Geelong undergoing a refurbishment now).

Mate i am one of Dimmas biggest supporters ( i did lose my *smile* one drunk night earlier this year), look at the constant debate i have with Carts about it... Nothing to do with Dimma for me on the above..

The fact it we are where we are, we need a couple more A graders etc IMO

Full 2014 season 12-10 (12-11 inc final)
YTD 2015 7-5

Great work L2R2R..

If you need any more evidence that to sack Dimma early this season would have been a huge mistake then your name is Carter.

I'd sign him on again right now on that evidence.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Hardwick 58-34-24 (59%)

Don't forget an important factor 'supporter pressure' in the formula LTRTR. I'm sure Dimma's one of the highest ranked, whereas Jimmy Boy is well down low due to those moronic, deluded, dingbats that can't see the forest for the trees.

Will be lucky to make the 8 let alone top 4.

Some serious mental issues with this group. Some things never change.

I will not be altering my opinion on Dimma until we win a final.

I might even be prepared to admit I was wrong if we win two.

It's all a bit of fun. I admire our current game plan. It spluttered today but it will see us to September without blowing a gasket like last year.

If the Blooze can beat the Dogs, we can firm 6th spot.....with a little (guilty) thanks to the Crows for accepting just 2 points.

TigerForce said:
If the Blooze can beat the Dogs, we can firm 6th spot.....with a little (guilty) thanks to the Crows for accepting just 2 points.

Then we need to win next 2. Wouldn't bank on that. Mid table opposition = mid strength effort with these blokes.