The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

DirtyDogTiger said:
SO FOR 13 wins

8 down - 5 to go

R14 v Carlton Win 9
R15 v Saints WIN 10
R16 v FReo. MCG.
R17 v Hawks.
R18 v Crows.
R19 v Suns WIN 11
R20 v Collingwood.
R21 v Essendon WIN 12
R 22 v North. WIN 13.

Nice easy equation

To get the 13 wins, we have to defeat all the teams below 8th spot
Carlton saints Suns essendon & North.
Chuck in Adelaide FC too ( we can Beat them!)
we've got some games to warm up for the finals too: hawthorn Collingwood fremantle

:gotigers

Let's lock in the. 13 please before the last round. I won't be Able to handle the mental stress leading up to it nor te anguish of a disaster..
Agree Adelaide is winnable. And let's just repeat the dose on the pies.

22nd Man said:
Let's lock in the. 13 please before the last round. I won't be Able to handle the mental stress leading up to it nor te anguish of a disaster..
Agree Adelaide is winnable. And let's just repeat the dose on the pies.

Agree - both playing North and at Etihad would make me nervous.

Nothing is guaranteed but there are plenty of those remaining games where we should at least be confident entering the game - lets aim for 13 wins by the end of rd 18 would be "just lovely"

Amaxing that this time last year we were where carlton are now on the ladder and managed to make the finals. Pity it got overshadowed by the elim final because it really was a incredibally rare achievement to come from so far back

Tigerflag2008 said:
Amaxing that this time last year we were where carlton are now on the ladder and managed to make the finals. Pity it got overshadowed by the elim final because it really was a incredibally rare achievement to come from so far back

Yeah the only thing that compares is St K, 98 I think. From gone to the GF and they were favourites.

finals are pretty much a certainty from here, but we just have to ensure we win enough for a home final. Adelaide and Collingwood will be the decisive games. the freo and hawthorn games are free hits for a very unlikely top 4 spot.

Ian4 said:
finals are pretty much a certainty from here, but we just have to ensure we win enough for a home final. Adelaide and Collingwood will be the decisive games. the freo and hawthorn games are free hits for a very unlikely top 4 spot.

You'd hope so but I think Collingwood were 8-5 last year and bombed out.

tigertim said:
You'd hope so but I think Collingwood were 8-5 last year and bombed out.

True

We have Rance Riewoldt cotchin maric deledio edwards miles martin and I don't think we can afford to lose more than two of them for any given game

there is nothing to suggest Collingwood will bomb out this year. they've lost a few close ones this year. while pound for pound, I think we are slightly ahead of them, they could easily be on 10-11 wins right now.

Ian4 said:
there is nothing to suggest Collingwood will bomb out this year. they've lost a few close ones this year. while pound for pound, I think we are slightly ahead of them, they could easily be on 10-11 wins right now.

Ha
List Collingwood's three biggest scalps this year in current ladder order please

DirtyDogTiger said:
Ha
List Collingwood's three biggest scalps this year in current ladder order please

who has hawthorn beaten in the top 8?

Collingwood Bulldogs Adelaide

Meh
---------------------------------------

Ok Now for Collingwood

........; ........; .........
Please ::)

Ian4 said:
finals are pretty much a certainty from here...

How long you been following the RFC? ;D

If you had two dangling I would recommend crossing them with everything else you can cross!

This years fixtures don't give us a clear indication of ladder positions I think. I understand that u have to beat the top teams but I think the way the fixtures are, collingwood are higher than they should be. If they finish in the top six this year, I think they will find it hard next season. Not totally convinced on the new way we fixture games

ninjahaha said:
How long you been following the RFC? ;D

If you had two dangling I would recommend crossing them with everything else you can cross!

Indeed

Ian4 said:

So could we, had we switched on a touch earlier. Bulldogs, Melbourne and Geelong should all have been victories.

puregreen said:
Couldn't have a better run home - 8 games in Melb; 6 at the 'G, 2 at Etihad, 1 away to the Crows.

Really have to get on top of this home form, although from our last 4 Melb games we are 3-1.

Our great record on the road certainly got our season back on track. No excuses for not finishing the year off well, especially with all those Melbourne games.