The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Still a long way to go but recent results show that we're genuine contenders if we play our best footy. Need some luck with the injury gods but if we paly our best football we can beat anyone anywhere. GW$ next week needs to be played with last nights intensity. That needs to come every week.

Last nights win was massive for this club.
And we've got the Giants saints and the blues coming up
We're potentially in the middle of an 8-1 streak.
We've got 3 of the top 4 scalps on our saddle.

We also ended a pretty big losing streak last night

Well I reckon the wins v Freo and Sydney make up for the losses to Melbourne and WB. As long as we win the ones we should (ie Saints, GWS, Essendon, Carlton, Suns) that gives us 12 then we need to snare 2 out of Freo, Collingwood, North, Hawks, Crows.

With our away form I can't wait to play the Crows - they are proving themselves to be flash-in-the-pans at the moment. I reckon they are almost as prone to drop out of the 8 as the GWS.

I don't think there is any point trying to predict... everyone is talking about winning the next 3 games, but we could lose them all as well. As they say in the classics... 1 week at a time.

But the exiting thing about us is that i now don't go into any game thinking we have no chance. We can beat anyone (or lose to anyone) on any given day.

Just looking at the number of players in Richmond teams with a >50% winning record at the club:

1970-76: 80 teams with 20/20
1980-82: 44 teams with 20/20
1984: number dropped to single figures
1988-89: 27 teams with 0/20
1995: double figures for the first time in 9 years
2003: back to single figures
2004: 14 teams with 0/22
2009-11: all 66 teams with 0-2 players out of 22
2012: season high of 4/22; many narrow defeats
2013: season high of 11/22 v Essendon in R23, first time in double figures for a decade
2014: double figures last 4 games

R1 15
R2 13
R3 14
R4 11
R5 8
R6 8
R7 11
R8 13
R9 16
R10 15
R12 15
R13 13

Another eight players who were absent from last night's team are in the black, and the list excludes our leaders - Cotchin, Deledio, Riewoldt, Rance & Martin.

Slowly, slowly, we're building a team that knows how to win and a club that expects to win.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Last nights win was massive for this club.
And we've got the Giants saints and the blues coming up
We're potentially in the middle of an 8-1 streak.
We've got 3 of the top 4 scalps on our saddle.

We also ended a pretty big losing streak last night

Just hope they attack the next three "should win" games with the same intensity they approached the second half last night. Have shown they have the physical capabilities, its bringing it mentally each and every week that im srill comcerned about. The level of Effort shouldnt be dictated by the level of the opposition. Each game carries the same four points.

So we're 6th.
Our next three games are against teams below 8th spot.
Meanwhile the 5 teams above us play each other quite a few times over the three weeks.
We can definitely be in the top 4, or right on the edge, if we beat Giants carlton and the saints.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Just looking at the number of players in Richmond teams with a >50% winning record at the club:

1970-76: 80 teams with 20/20
1980-82: 44 teams with 20/20
1984: number dropped to single figures
1988-89: 27 teams with 0/20
1995: double figures for the first time in 9 years
2003: back to single figures
2004: 14 teams with 0/22
2009-11: all 66 teams with 0-2 players out of 22
2012: season high of 4/22; many narrow defeats
2013: season high of 11/22 v Essendon in R23, first time in double figures for a decade
2014: double figures last 4 games

R1 15
R2 13
R3 14
R4 11
R5 8
R6 8
R7 11
R8 13
R9 16
R10 15
R12 15
R13 13

Another eight players who were absent from last night's team are in the black, and the list excludes our leaders - Cotchin, Deledio, Riewoldt, Rance & Martin.

Slowly, slowly, we're building a team that knows how to win and a club that expects to win.
The coach is getting closer. My arithmetic shows him at 58-64-2 now, 47%

Must say I much prefer the hype than the hysteria of a month or so ago.

Carn the Tiges!!!!

Bomber Thompson was just asked by Robbo 'Can richmond win the flag?' Without a moments hesitation he said 'Nup'. Robbo asked why, he said we don't have finals experience. Then went on to say how we haven't won a final since 95 and lost by 150 last year against Port.

I think Bombers honest answer would have been 'they can't win because i hate them'.

wayne said:
Bomber Thompson was just asked by Robbo 'Can richmond win the flag?' Without a moments hesitation he said 'Nup'. Robbo asked why, he said we don't have finals experience. Then went on to say how we haven't won a final since 95 and lost by 150 last year against Port.

I think Bombers honest answer would have been 'they can't win because i hate them'.

I hird it too. Makes you wonder how idiots get jobs sometimes. Bumhead needs to brush up on research as 2001 was the last time we won a final. Even the questions about Tird were all answered with pure *smile*.

TigerForce said:
I hird it too. Makes you wonder how idiots get jobs sometimes. Bumhead needs to brush up on research as 2001 was the last time we won a final. Even the questions about Tird were all answered with pure *smile*.
From memory:
1. Richmond won the premiership in 1967 without any finals experience.
2. Bomber Thompson clearly has 95 semi final burnt into his memory, because Matty Rogers kicked 2 in 2 minutes on him. The second from a mark while in a weak headlock from aforementioned Bomber :hihi

wayne said:

Clueless guesses like that from football identities only serve to add fire to the belly of this already focused group.

He'll tell everyone after we win the thing that he new all along

puntrd64 said:
From memory:
1. Richmond won the premiership in 1967 without any finals experience.
2. Bomber Thompson clearly has 95 semi final burnt into his memory, because Matty Rogers kicked 2 in 2 minutes on him. The second from a mark while in a weak headlock from aforementioned Bomber :hihi
He's probably also upset because Scott Turner cleaned up their best midfielder on the day, which changed the complexion of the game.

Stylo said:
Not with that attitude.

I've been criticised by a few people on here (and by some mates) that I have been too negative and/or too critical about stuff in recent times. some of my posts on here (and on social media) has been a bit of trolling i admit. but I can assure you on one thing... I am 100% correct in regards to this. :hihi