The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

toby64 said:
Then we need to win next 2. Wouldn't bank on that. Mid table opposition = mid strength effort with these blokes.

We need to lift next Friday at the G....against the pumped-up Blooze. Imagine if we lose this one.

TigerForce said:
If the Blooze can beat the Dogs, we can firm 6th spot.....with a little (guilty) thanks to the Crows for accepting just 2 points.

Horrible situation at the Crows but I think they've been disadvantaged by the AFL.

The game should have been postponed and played at a convenient time between now and end of season.

The issues affecting them now are bigger than football.

But they have every right to compete the rest of the season on an even keel.

Tigertough1974 said:
The fact it we are where we are, we need a couple more A graders etc IMO

Absolutely agree, it's put a ceiling on my expectations for this season. But for now I'm just gonna enjoy that we got the job done, again.

With the expanded competition I'm just sure teams can have as many A traders as they used too. Look at the Hawks, they seem to have the numbers but in the next year or two they'll be retiring.

Who else has as many elite/A graders these days?

Carter said:
Horrible situation at the Crows but I think they've been disadvantaged by the AFL.

The game should have been postponed and played at a convenient time between now and end of season.

True. It's difficult either way, but the reality is that no team won a GF with an interim coach, so missing out on finals wouldn't be too much of a problem/failure for them. This terrible situation has broken their 2015 season and short-term future.

Carter said:

Disagree. Tipped Geelong,more kin they are the ones disadvantaged. Adelaide have been a flimsy lot lately showed bad sides. This could make their season. I feel for them though, is a horrible thing to have happened to them. Can't imagine. Would be horrible.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Absolutely agree, it's put a ceiling on my expectations for this season. But for now I'm just gonna enjoy that we got the job done, again.

Bloody oath, was a terrible game, but i was yelling and screaming at Cotch, Jack, Rance, absolute joy seeing these guys batter themselves to get us over the line!

Im also of the view that it is possible to win a flag from 5-8, obviously stats suggest it hasn't been done under this current system, but i will be hoping like everyone that we can snatch one like the hawks did before our time!

shawry said:
Disagree. Tipped Geelong,more kin they are the ones disadvantaged. Adelaide have been a flimsy lot lately showed bad sides. This could make their season. I feel for them though, is a horrible thing to have happened to them. Can't imagine. Would be horrible.

Fair enough, we don't know how it would've played out.

But surely the AFL is not so inflexible that they couldn't postpone that game for as long as appropriate.

Baloo said:
With the expanded competition I'm just sure teams can have as many A traders as they used too. Look at the Hawks, they seem to have the numbers but in the next year or two they'll be retiring.

Hawthorn & co have unbalanced the comp by taking from the rebuilding clubs, Sydney with the help of COLA etc. It's our job to make sure it stays unbalanced. Stealing from e.g. Carlton won't make me feel dirty.

Was worried about this game all week. Many Richmond supporters though these 3 weeks would be a walk in the park. Never underestimate anyone!!!

Carter said:
Fair enough, we don't know how it would've played out.

But surely the AFL is not so inflexible that they couldn't postpone that game for as long as appropriate.

How? Play a midweek game? Nope - not fair to either team having to back up after 2-3 days break. Play it at the end of the season and postpone the finals? Nope.

Can't be done.

toby64 said:
Will be lucky to make the 8 let alone top 4.

Some serious mental issues with this group. Some things never change.

Came from behind a couple of times to knock over Colonwood. Traveled to Perth n Sydney to knock over Freo n the Swans. Lost a home game to Wet Coke, all four teams well entrenched in the top of the ladder.
Admittedly we're still a bit flaky at times, but we are improving n as the old saying goes.
Good teams find a way to win even when they are playing poorly. We played three qtrs of absolute crap today n still managed to find a way to win.

Teams had to play some massive games in recent weeks, there was always going to be a totally flat one in there somewhere. A tad more polish / care with the ball in hand n it could just as well have been nine goals instead of points.

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. LOSS (20) 6-5 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. WIN. (18) 7-5 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants WIN. (9) 8-5 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. 6-10. 11-5
R17 v Hawks. 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers

SO FOR 13 wins

8 down - 5 to go

R14 v Carlton Win 9
R15 v Saints WIN 10
R16 v FReo. MCG.
R17 v Hawks.
R18 v Crows.
R19 v Suns WIN 11
R20 v Collingwood.
R21 v Essendon WIN 12
R 22 v North. WIN 13.

Nice easy equation

To get the 13 wins, we have to defeat all the teams below 8th spot
Carlton saints Suns essendon & North.
Chuck in Adelaide FC too ( we can Beat them!)
we've got some games to warm up for the finals too: hawthorn Collingwood fremantle

DirtyDogTiger said:
SO FOR 13 wins

8 down - 5 to go

R14 v Carlton Win 9
R15 v Saints WIN 10
R16 v FReo. MCG.
R17 v Hawks.
R18 v Crows.
R19 v Suns WIN 11
R20 v Collingwood.
R21 v Essendon WIN 12
R 22 v North. WIN 13.

Nice easy equation

To get the 13 wins, we have to defeat all the teams below 8th spot
Carlton saints Suns essendon & North.
Chuck in Adelaide FC too ( we can Beat them!)
we've got some games to warm up for the finals too: hawthorn Collingwood fremantle

Challenging run home. Can't afford any slip ups.

Good enough if we bring the required effort and intensity ever week...that's this groups biggest challenge IMO

An interesting scenario

Round 15:
Richmond defeat carlton
Freo defeat hawthorn in Tasmania

Round 16:
richmond defeat the Saints
WCE beat Collingwood at the MCG
Swans beat hawthorn at the Olympic stadium in Sydney

Richmond go to 4th.

There aren't any major upsets in that lot, although WCE and FREO have to win away.

Couldn't have a better run home - 8 games in Melb; 6 at the 'G, 2 at Etihad, 1 away to the Crows.

Really have to get on top of this home form, although from our last 4 Melb games we are 3-1.