The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

wayne said:
Bomber Thompson was just asked by Robbo 'Can richmond win the flag?' Without a moments hesitation he said 'Nup'. Robbo asked why, he said we don't have finals experience. Then went on to say how we haven't won a final since 95 and lost by 150 last year against Port.

I think Bombers honest answer would have been 'they can't win because i hate them'.

Thompson is bitter, slighty twisted and certainly discontent with his lot at the moment ... plus, there are those other ongoing issues that seem to cloud his judgement.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Thompson is bitter, slighty twisted and certainly discontent with his lot at the moment ... plus, there are those other ongoing issues that seem to cloud his judgement.

huge understatement :hihi

Ian4 said:
I am 100% correct in regards to this. :hihi
Ooooh, knowing the result before the event. Is that psycho or psychic? Never quite certain as I'm always getting my P's n Q's mixed up n confused.
Probably no surprise if we don't win the flag this year, but same as making finals last year from three n ten, until it's mathematically impossible, there's a slim chance to hang the hat on n grin about.

Playing interstate n winning against sides that have been regular finalists, fighting back from slow starts n over running other finals contenders means we must be doing something right. For now I'll enjoy the lead up games n worry about finals n flags when the time is right.

Bullarto Tiger said:

trousering $10m on that property deal doesn't make him happy?

wayne said:
Bomber Thompson was just asked by Robbo 'Can richmond win the flag?' Without a moments hesitation he said 'Nup'. Robbo asked why, he said we don't have finals experience. Then went on to say how we haven't won a final since 95 and lost by 150 last year against Port.

I think Bombers honest answer would have been 'they can't win because i hate them'.

We have 26 players with finals experience - only the veteran teams Hawthorn, North & Fremantle, plus Essendon have more.

jb03 said:

31 Fremantle
28 North
27 Hawthorn, Essendon
26 Richmond, Port
25 Geelong
24 Sydney
23 Collingwood
21 Carlton
19 West Coast
17 Adelaide
12 St.Kilda
10 Brisbane
8 Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
6 GWS
5 Gold Coast

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
31 Fremantle
28 North
27 Hawthorn, Essendon
26 Richmond, Port
25 Geelong
24 Sydney
23 Collingwood
21 Carlton
19 West Coast
17 Adelaide
12 St.Kilda
10 Brisbane
6 GWS
5 Gold Coast

Pretty surprising

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
31 Fremantle
28 North
27 Hawthorn, Essendon
26 Richmond, Port
25 Geelong
24 Sydney
23 Collingwood
21 Carlton
19 West Coast
17 Adelaide
12 St.Kilda
10 Brisbane
6 GWS
5 Gold Coast

Great stat, thanks.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
31 Fremantle
28 North
27 Hawthorn, Essendon
26 Richmond, Port
25 Geelong
24 Sydney
23 Collingwood
21 Carlton
19 West Coast
17 Adelaide
12 St.Kilda
10 Brisbane
6 GWS
5 Gold Coast

I swear to god the way you pop up with the appropriate stat on any board is lke a *smile* magic trick! ;D

Bullarto Tiger said:

Thompson also needs to do his homework, we did win a final in 2001 (granted it was a long time ago).

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
31 Fremantle
28 North
27 Hawthorn, Essendon
26 Richmond, Port
25 Geelong
24 Sydney
23 Collingwood
21 Carlton
19 West Coast
17 Adelaide
12 St.Kilda
10 Brisbane
6 GWS
5 Gold Coast

Surprising but number of finals games would be a better indicator?

antman said:
Surprising but number of finals games would be a better indicator?

293 Hawthorn (208)
265 Sydney (157)
260 Geelong (130)
220 Fremantle (94)
184 Collingwood (94)
152 North Melbourne (66)
137 Port Adelaide (80)
122 Essendon (42)
119 West Coast (49)
113 St.Kilda (52)
106 Carlton (43)
86 Adelaide (32)
59 Melbourne (27)
56 Richmond (6)
53 Western Bulldogs (19)
50 GWS (23)
47 Brisbane (21), Gold Coast (26)

Wins in brackets.

Both sets of figures include retired players Cornes (19-11), Judd (17-7), Reilly (10-4), Waters (9-5), Maguire (4-1), Sylvia (2-1).

Ian4 said:
he might have been wrong about the facts but he's right that we can't win the GF.

Only reason I agree at the moment is because it will be played on the MCG where we currently stink.
Is it the tsunami of richmond fandom that creates a negative pressure?