The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Can't see us winning another game. Then again, only a week ago I couldn't see us losing one ;D

You don't beat freo on their dung heap and don't have a chance of playing finals.

But the boys need some marching powder starting this week...

I can't think of any season ever being so even in terms of every game being winnable and every game being losable.
Carlton beating Port and Melbourne beating Geelong just two more to add to the case for the defence.

Although Hawthorn's percentage tells me their W/L ratio is a bit of a blip and they won't lose too many more.

tigers80 said:
You don't beat freo on their dung heap and don't have a chance of playing finals.

We certainly have a chance but it looks like its going to be another struggle, we're not really improving to Top 4 potential. The Top 4s don't typically lose to teams like Bulldogs and Melbourne. Look at Hawks, beat those two by 70 and 105 points respectively. We still don't demolish teams but on the positive we've improved on reducing the damage when losing. That was one of the good things to come out of the West Coast game.

Swans game is going to be very tough to win over there. If we lose we're 6-6 and need to win 7 of next 10 to probably get 13 wins and a finals berth. Considering after the Swans game we still need to play 5 of the current top 7 sides (GWS, Dockers, Hawks, Crows, Magpies) and none against the current bottom 4 sides, I think we're fighting an uphill battle. Certainly if we do make it, we'll have well and truly earned our spot.

Compare our run home to a Bulldogs (6 wins currently), who in the next 11 games only play Magpies and West Coast from the Top 8 and still play ALL of the current bottom 7 sides or North (currently 6 wins) who only play Dockers and Tigers in the top 8 and ALL of the bottom 6 sides you can see the bias battle we have against teams just below us.

axlefoley said:
I hope I'm wrong but I think we're cooked.

i don't reckon we are cooked but its going to be very hard to make it , there is no easy games anymore in the comp i don't reckon, other than lions and maybe Gold coast. Problem also with Tigers is we are to up and down and have been for years. When everyone picks Tigers in the footy tips we usually lose. :spin

tigerlove said:
We certainly have a chance but it looks like its going to be another struggle, we're not really improving to Top 4 potential. The Top 4s don't typically lose to teams like Bulldogs and Melbourne. Look at Hawks, beat those two by 70 and 105 points respectively. We still don't demolish teams but on the positive we've improved on reducing the damage when losing. That was one of the good things to come out of the West Coast game.

Swans game is going to be very tough to win over there. If we lose we're 6-6 and need to win 7 of next 10 to probably get 13 wins and a finals berth. Considering after the Swans game we still need to play 5 of the current top 7 sides (GWS, Dockers, Hawks, Crows, Magpies) and none against the current bottom 4 sides, I think we're fighting an uphill battle. Certainly if we do make it, we'll have well and truly earned our spot.

Compare our run home to a Bulldogs (6 wins currently), who in the next 11 games only play Magpies and West Coast from the Top 8 and still play ALL of the current bottom 7 sides or North (currently 6 wins) who only play Dockers and Tigers in the top 8 and ALL of the bottom 6 sides you can see the bias battle we have against teams just below us.
Hawthorn also lost to Essendon and Port, neither of who are exactly travelling well at present. Port just lost to Carlton! It's a weird season and anything can happen.

CarnTheTiges said:
Hawthorn also lost to Essendon and Port, neither of who are exactly travelling well at present. Port just lost to Carlton! It's a weird season and anything can happen.

Both times Hawks kicked badly yet just lost. 2 points and 8 points. We were soundly beaten by Bulldogs and Melbourne, perenial near bottom club Melbourne kicked 12 goals to our 6, a flogging really. Yet Hawks slaughtered both of them. Port and Essendon were good wins but my point is we're yet to really consistently pump weaker sides and we drop too many of the ones we should win. The reality is out of the last 11 games we have to play 6 of the current top 7 teams and don't again play any of the bottom 4. It's going to be tough to make the 8 and if we don't its because we dropped games against cubs we should have beaten. We are not top 4 material and the window to do so is running out.

If it's a weird season and anything can happen:

Then I'd like this to happen.

This week Richmond Brisbane and St Kilda beat their opponents who are all higher up the ladder.
If those results go with the ladder position, we'll be out of the 8 by 4points.

In that case, by the time we run out against the Giants, it will be four weeks since we beat Fremantle.

Tigers way too inconsistent to be able to predict the rest of the season with any confidence at all. We are a middle of the road team.

Really need to get a shrink into the club to enaure that players "come to play" every week, rather than just turn up when their backs are against the wall and everyone has written them off.

We will pay for losses to Demons, Dogs and Cats and would not surprise if we lose one or two more of the "should win" games in the run home.

Not mentally tough enough unfortunately.

toby64 said:
Tigers way too inconsistent to be able to predict the rest of the season with any confidence at all. We are a middle of the road team.

Really need to get a shrink into the club to enaure that players "come to play" every week, rather than just turn up when their backs are against the wall and everyone has written them off.

We will pay for losses to Demons, Dogs and Cats and would not surprise if we lose one or two more of the "should win" games in the run home.

Not mentally tough enough unfortunately.
The entire competition is too unpredictable to confidently predict a lot this season.

CarnTheTiges said:
The entire competition is too unpredictable to confidently predict a lot this season.

I tend to agree with this. Aside from Freo, WC, Swans and Hawks who knows. Not even the Pies are a lock for the 8 imo.

Norf and Doggies still in the hunt as well, Power look cooked though. I'd put the Crows in the exact same boat as us. GWS now injury hit in key spots. Plenty of more twists and turns to come.

Edit: Didn't even mention the Cats.

Great win...must back it up with wins in the next three weeks in Melbourne...finals are no guarantee and still not a top four side till will get consistency...but boy that was some win tonight!

DirtyDogTiger said:
2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4