The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Geelong with that ridiculous shaped home ground have a distinct advantage during home and away.

They are a run well club and take full advantage of this home ground effect. Means their ladder position is always a few spots above where they are actually at, when it comes to neutral, more regular shaped ovals.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Geez it's infuriating. You can 110% guarantee that any other side in the AFL would be getting the ruler run over them after a 35 point turnaround in a Prelim. But not Geelong. Instead, it's any amount of excuses and being "brave" and "gee wasn't it a great game" all in an attempt to deflect from any critical analysis of Geelong and Scott.

That Brisbane side had been pretty average for a lot of the year. They had multiple missing players with injuries, were on the road and lost their ruckman during the game. Geelong had next to zero injuries and were, during the week, the favourites. Then they bottle up a 35 point turnaround. Dangerfield and Duncan make critical errors. The Geelong backline gets overrun in the second half by the Brisbane smalls. Rhys Stanley. And so on....

But nobody wants to talk about any of that. It's all "Geelong so brave" and excuses. Whateley, Dwayne Russell, Josh Barnes, Selwood, Ling, Bartel, that salty ahole Josh Jenkins....there's just too many of them in the media controlling the narrative where Geelong is concerned.

That was a game Geelong should have put away. But didn't. And none of them what to dissect it like they would with anyone else.

Geez I hate the corrupted AFL media and Geelong. When we rise again, the one club i want us to crush the most is Geelong.

Agree Redders, I used to really dislike Collywobbles the most, but now Geesook tops the list by a very long way. There's just something really "off" about them. The headbands, the arrogance, the lack of humility, the "nice guys" (that really pizzes me off). The way the media fawn over them is bluddy sickening.
I just love when they get beaten, it doesn't matter who they play.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Geez it's infuriating. You can 110% guarantee that any other side in the AFL would be getting the ruler run over them after a 35 point turnaround in a Prelim. But not Geelong. Instead, it's any amount of excuses and being "brave" and "gee wasn't it a great game" all in an attempt to deflect from any critical analysis of Geelong and Scott.

That Brisbane side had been pretty average for a lot of the year. They had multiple missing players with injuries, were on the road and lost their ruckman during the game. Geelong had next to zero injuries and were, during the week, the favourites. Then they bottle up a 35 point turnaround. Dangerfield and Duncan make critical errors. The Geelong backline gets overrun in the second half by the Brisbane smalls. Rhys Stanley. And so on....

But nobody wants to talk about any of that. It's all "Geelong so brave" and excuses. Whateley, Dwayne Russell, Josh Barnes, Selwood, Ling, Bartel, that salty ahole Josh Jenkins....there's just too many of them in the media controlling the narrative where Geelong is concerned.

That was a game Geelong should have put away. But didn't. And none of them want to dissect it like they would with anyone else.

Geez I hate the corrupted AFL media and Geelong. When we rise again, the one club I want us to crush the most is Geelong.
Apparently every club wants to be like the cats.
Stuff that.
Why make finals every year only to always fall short 99% of the time.lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Whateley: was it a choke?
King: no, it was a great game. Do you think it was a choke?
Whateley: no, they were 3 minutes off playing in the grand final. It was just a great game

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Agree Redders, I used to really dislike Collywobbles the most, but now Geesook tops the list by a very long way. There's just something really "off" about them. The headbands, the arrogance, the lack of humility, the "nice guys" (that really pizzes me off). The way the media fawn over them is bluddy sickening.
I just love when they get beaten, it doesn't matter who they play.
The GF has become more enjoyable to watch now,

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Whateley: no, they were 3 minutes off playing in the grand final. It was just a great game
Yeah I heard that too. Once again, Whateley controlling the narrative around Geelong. He basically pressured a weak David King into saying that. Let's just conveniently forget that there was a 35 point turnaround with 2 minutes to go before 3/4 time. Let's avoid any critical introspection around Geelong and just deflect to "great game" and various excuses and then otherwise, lets talk about Ken Hinkley and Port Adelaide.

And also with King, for the last fortnight he was continually suggesting how he just couldn't see Geelong not winning the premiership. Then, when he's face to face with Whateley, he comes out with "Nobody was really expecting Geelong to win the premiership were they ? It was a fantastic year."

Everyone's scared of offending Whateley in the media.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Meanwhile the death riding of Hinkley commences.

“If he’s not the man to take them to grand final glory he should go”
“Will he be coach of Port in Rd 1 2026?”!
“Those close to Hinkley say don’t be surprised if he steps away from Port. I’m not saying that, just those close to him”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

“Those close to Hinkley say don’t be surprised if he steps away from Port. I’m not saying that, just those close to him”
it is interesting which way Hinkley will go. All the talk after they were thrashed by Geelong was that he was on his last legs and only a win would save. Gets the win but loses the pre lim.

He most likely will stay but he is going to be walking that fine line at Port for all of 2025.

Should just leave. He would be #1 for the West Coast job if he does

Reactions: 1 users
Why? Is he some kind of menacing media mogul to be feared?
Apparently, and I've heard other media people say this, his media and AFL influence is extremely strong. You get on the wrong side of him in the media, and work in it can affect your prospects, so to speak.

Let's face it, he chief hosts that many things nowadays it's little wonder, plus he's worked for numerous other outlets as well so he'd have decent connections too.

Reactions: 2 users
But he didn’t want them to be seen as excuses. “please don’t think I am using this as an excuse” says Scotty boy. By saying so, is doing exactly that.
Let’s not forget his other go to when players underperform in big games, “he’ll hate me for telling you this but he had…(insert illness, injury, loss of limb, life threatening illness etc)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Massive shat the bed by a team that has built there history on choking.
What's Scotty's H&A record 88%??
What's his Finals record under 50% :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

I know it’s all about winning premierships and Kenny does come across as a cheerleader rather than coach when he’s on the bench, but the hate he gets from Port fans is disproportionate to their ladder position. We at least have to miss the eight before the coach gets that sort of treatment 😀

A lot of people want Kenny gone so Carr can take over but Carr is already there. Also given Kenny is in the worst position to see the game tactically (on the bench, at below ground level) it stands to reason that Carr is the one calling the shots on game day. So what do they expect to change by making Carr the official coach?

Last edited: