The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Ffs...morning shows just bleating excuses for Geelong. Unreal. The media darlings of the AFL.

They blew a 25 point lead !
Yeh, 25 points up, coming off a weeks rest against a side that came from 44 points down and gave it all the previous week?
The narrative should be super coach blows yet another half-time lead in a final.
What did Kingsight say- still raving sbout how impressive Scott is?

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I heard that too. Once again, Whateley controlling the narrative around Geelong. He basically pressured a weak David King into saying that. Let's just conveniently forget that there was a 35 point turnaround with 2 minutes to go before 3/4 time. Let's avoid any critical introspection around Geelong and just deflect to "great game" and various excuses and then otherwise, lets talk about Ken Hinkley and Port Adelaide.

And also with King, for the last fortnight he was continually suggesting how he just couldn't see Geelong not winning the premiership. Then, when he's face to face with Whateley, he comes out with "Nobody was really expecting Geelong to win the premiership were they ? It was a fantastic year."

Everyone's scared of offending Whateley in the media.
Kingsight. He is such a fraud at times. Flip flops most weeks.
Early in the year it is Beveridge cant coach this group any further, is in trouble. 3 weeks ago Bevo is a genius, Always been a great coach Dogs can go all the way.
He changes his mind every week. If you followed his tips you would go broke. He has access to every stat and analytical tool but provides no insight. Just after the game reasons why someone won, often presented in an 'I told you so' manner.

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing more satisfying than hearing the Geelong Mafia eat humble pie. From Shifter Sheehan and his hatred of RFC, to Bec Madden and her live cross straight after the game, to Shocking and his rule changing, colluding, insider trading, smug face. They can all sit on it!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Early in the year it is Beveridge cant coach this group any further, is in trouble. 3 weeks ago Bevo is a genius, Always been a great coach Dogs can go all the way.
He changes his mind every week. If you followed his tips you would go broke. He has access to every stat and analytical tool but provides no insight. Just after the game reasons why someone won, often presented in an 'I told you so' manner.
I love the way Kingy is always peering into his laptop screen, with his thinking face on. I always think of this:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yeh, 25 points up, coming off a weeks rest against a side that came from 44 points down and gave it all the previous week?
The narrative should be super coach blows yet another half-time lead in a final.
What did Kingsight say- still raving sbout how impressive Scott is?
Maybe he wanted to do them slowly.

Reactions: 1 users
Just put it in the memory bank next time a team who is 24 points up at one stage and even in front with 2:30 on the clock loses and Whately or King say they choked.

Reactions: 2 users
KIng just won't admit he was wrr... wro....wron....wrong about Fagan.
Hutchison is the one that has bagged the old codger non stop.

None will bag Geelong. They were up by 25pts to a side that can't win on the G and they shat the bed.
It was ok for The worm Kornes to go after Kingsley after losing to finals when leading in both, but it must've slipped his mind when it came to Geelong doing the same.
All week it was 'how good has Geelong been over the last 15 yrs under Scott.
They have done nothing. None remembers preliminarys, 1 flag. Big deal

I've noticed some Geesooks copping criticism and been laughed at on social media, mostly going against Richmond supporters.

Their responses are sooooo....sooky.

• Love
I've noticed some Geesooks copping criticism and been laughed at on social media, mostly going against Richmond supporters.

Their responses are sooooo....sooky.
Your feed will prioritise Richmond supporters - so you tend to see just that.
It really is an echo chamber - almost impossible to avoid i imagine.

He makes a easy crust talking *smile*.
He dosent dig or file paper work.
He gets paid to talk about the game.
He is as solid as a wet tissue.
Like u said, in june this year he said, we were on the right track before the bye under Yze but 2 weeks after the bye, Yze needs to become more creative and stamp himself at Punt Rd.
I'm pretty sure he is tipping Sydney this week but he knows that Brisbane have the game to beat them

Pussies offering Stanley a 1 year deal and Clangerfield 2 more years :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Haha
Talk about excuses - did they miss any……

COVID - a couple of support staff…….:rotfl2

Gastro - possibly one player……….:rotfl2

Hamstring to one player - (don’t mention the dislocated shoulder)……….:rotfl2

Dangerflop - had sore ribs so has an excuse for turning out one of his typical second half finals game……:rotfl2

They were missing a couple of geratrics so were playing kids……….:rotfl2

Lost it at selection ……..:rotfl2

Can someone please explain to them that there are 2 teams playing so normally what happens is one team is better than the other and therefore scores more points ffs and wins the game.

I'll credit them the Gastro 1, they normally do *smile* themselves on the big stage.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users