The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

The Cats are a good organisation, staying as perennial contenders is impressive. However they have more friends at AFL house than any other club. Hocking even changed the rules to help them to a premiership.

They also get a home & away ground advantage that no other team gets. The get to play at home on a bizarre ground devoid of wings - so unique that its makes it more dificult for away teams not used to playing there. Most of their away games are not cross country flights like the interstate teams suffer - but a short drive down to Melbourne to grounds they are also familiar with. I reckon their unique situation gifts them two wins more than any other team in the AFL.

They are good, but they are also bloody lucky....its no wonder that they dominate H&A and then regularly fail in finals. Chris Scott is not the messiah...

Reactions: 12 users
Scott's finals record is 14 - 16. I just read that dangerfield, Duncan, Stanley are all going on next year. When the cliff appears, it will be a looonnnngggg way down and very dark down there for a long time...
Just in time for Tassie to arrive? Watch Scotty bail on them & leave them in a huge mess.

Reactions: 3 users
Unfortunately they won’t fall a cliff as many would of us would like. Their youth is better than their older stalwarts. They will also likely pick the eyes out of this years draft too.
Not overly convinced on that. this yr without Stager their midfeild fell apart.

Reactions: 1 user
Wells must have been crook that draft.
Is Wells still their chief recruiter or has Mackie fully taken over that role now? From the little bit I've seen of Mackie from last year he looked to be channeling maximum Dodo vibes in that all of the Moggies players were superstars who were worth multiple early first rounders while everyone else's players were spuds worthy only of fourth or fifth round picks as incoming trades.

Is Wells still their chief recruiter or has Mackie fully taken over that role now? From the little bit I've seen of Mackie from last year he looked to be channeling maximum Dodo vibes in that all of the Moggies players were superstars who were worth multiple early first rounders while everyone else's players were spuds worthy only of fourth or fifth round picks as incoming trades.
Good call. There seems to be an element of Dodoro about Mackie. We’ll know more in the next year or so with the trades or lack of.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely dudoro vibes from Mackie.

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely dudoro vibes from Mackie.
He was an overrated soft outside squawker as a player. He was just lucky to play with some all-time greats. Watch the finals they did lose back then - Mackie was always a key component in opposition goals. The pre-cursor to Zac Guthrie.

Reactions: 1 user
we'll find out this yr over the B.Sniff trade