The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
It's a jungle out there little Scotty.
From the best coach since Tom Hafey in the morning to them questioning his list.
I've been questioning that list for 5 yrs.
The cracks open up in September and get worse late September and then close up by march.
Ohh what a beautiful morning

Yesterday morning Screenshot_20240921_230831_Samsung Internet.jpg
This morning...Screenshot_20240922_073603_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I mean his first flag was essentially a gift from Bomber Thompson, anyone could have coached that team to the premiership.
Bartel
Enright
Corey
Selwood
Johnson
Scarlett
Ling
Taylor

They would win a flag tommorow if that group were playing today

Reactions: 2 users
Hey salty. You would have won if you hadn’t dropped touhey :ROFLMAO: :))

I’m going for a walk today with a huge spring in my step. What a glorious beautiful day it is

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
What we need is someone to prise De Koning out of Geelong. Carlton don't have a salary cap so they should shove an insane deal in front of him.

Reactions: 3 users
How many of their players were those poncey headbands, geez they give me the irrits.
Should be called the headbanders not the handbaggers.

As for Tom Spewart, what a sniper he is. Why don't the commentators call him out the weak pr1cks

And now the excuses start,headline in the Age, "Covid, gastro & hamstrings".

What a bunch of whingeing, whining, snivelling poor losers they are.

When we got beaten in the 2018 Prelim. There were no excuses from us we even though it was common knowledge the extent of illness & injury to the players.

Reactions: 14 users
How many of their players were those poncey headbands, geez they give me the irrits.
Should be called the headbanders not the handbaggers.
Totally agree about the hair thing
Time after time after time these blokes are fiddling with their hair bands
It must be distracting and I’ve often wondered why coaches don't enforce a ban

Reactions: 2 users
And now the excuses start,headline in the Age, "Covid, gastro & hamstrings".

What a bunch of whingeing, whining, snivelling poor losers they are.

When we got beaten in the 2018 Prelim. There were no excuses from us we even though it was common knowledge the extent of illness & injury to the players.
The media have 2 clear favourites that escape the scrutiny that others do not: Essendon and Geelong.

If that was us last night the screaming headlines would have been how we blew it, choked, and the future looks grim. Grumpy coach etc.

But no. Geelong get unlucky off field issues. Sure. What bs.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Chris Scott hey? ... the lack of humility and grace is not surprising from him but geez he could do with some

he verges on being sociopathic

Chris Scott hey? ... the lack of humility and grace is not surprising from him but geez he could do with some

he verges on being sociopathic
I watched his presser on YouTube and there's all these comments on what a gracious bloke he is.... fmd, talk about alternative facts!

Speaking of you YT.... pretty funny watching xGeelong blokes doing unbiased commentary.
Scroll to 3.45 in and then the moment they lose for Cameron Lings reactions in the adjoining box.....
Having a laugh at the cats expense whilst finishing last with the no1 draft pick in our hands is somewhat more palatable.

• Love
We’ve always decreed footy has one success. Winning the flag. But more and more “the media” are changing the narrative that a winning season (yes, another Americanism) should be more celebrated. And of course making finals and a prelim as well.

Personally I’ll stick with winning the flag as being the yardstick.

• Angry