The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

The issue with Banks is that he is a Taswegian, as is Mansell.
Could be a nice bonus to have.
Taswegia will need a few matured and experienced senior players to help set up their team and just happen to have a spare handful of very early draft picks that they need to spend. I'm sure that Benny n Jaaack with an inherent soft spot for the Tiges will use their influence to ensure we get a fair and honest trade deal.

Reactions: 1 user
6 picks inside 10. My unlikely but not impossible trade bounty.
I'll start with the easy ones.
Jack Graham compo = 22 (hopefully)

Shai Bolton for pick 9 and 10, we may have to pay his salary.

Brisbane pick 14 (worth 1161 points) for our picks 29, 39, 47 (worth around 1400 points)

Daniel Rioli + picks 41, 57, 66 and 71 (683 points) for gold coasts pick 6 and 13. Pick 13 is worth 1212 points. 1212 minus 683 = 529 points which is equal to pick 30.
So Rioli for essentially pick 6 and 30

Liam Baker. This one is the most unlikely. Baker and pick 13 (1212 points) for West Coast pick 3 (2234 points) 2234 minus 1212 = 1022 points or pick 17

So now we have picks 1 3 6 9 10 14 21 22 - I know very unlikely...

If you wanted to get extremely creative, Melbourne has said they don't want to get their list any younger and are desperate for a key forward. They probably won't want to give up pick 5 for anything but a very good key forward. Would they be interested in splitting pick 5 (1878 points) for pick 14 and 21 (2039 points)?
I realise this is extremely far fetched, just a bit of fun.
If it did come off we would have picks 1 3 5 6 9 10 22 😂😂😂
Very well described Tiger God Man.
Its not so out there, hopefully something similar eventuates!

On GC they do have later picks (26, 34,46,70) which have points value of 8.
With the discount this should be enough to cover Lombard. They might want a future 3rd instead.

West Coast might be keen on Bo Allen and 13 might be a touch shy. Baker + 10 might get it over the line.
(Personally i think clubs rate top 5 picks higher than the points value so a trade needs more incentive)

Both Melbourne and North might trade down to get their preferred tall. Though I think the roos will want to go before saints to get Trainor.
Whaver the actual trades we could end up with an awesome hand

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Stuff the afl and its “rules”. We might as well make our own up and see how they like it.
Stuff the other clubs and their picks.
We have the first pick, then we just keep calling out the players we want until our list is full. Then we walk.

Saves time, saves listening to other clubs *smile*, Cutting deals. Etc. Walk in, name who we want. Walk out.. Done.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Very well described Tiger God Man.
Its not so out there, hopefully something similar eventuates!

On GC they do have later picks (26, 34,46,70) which have points value of 8.
With the discount this should be enough to cover Lombard. They might want a future 3rd instead.

West Coast might be keen on Bo Allen and 13 might be a touch shy. Baker + 10 might get it over the line.
(Personally i think clubs rate top 5 picks higher than the points value so a trade needs more incentive)

Both Melbourne and North might trade down to get their preferred tall. Though I think the roos will want to go before saints to get Trainor.
Whaver the actual trades we could end up with an awesome hand
Yes the current article in herald sun re pick 3 would suggest we will get it. A deal like Baker, pick 10 and 22 for pick 3 and the Hawthorn pick for barass, around 15.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes the current article in herald sun re pick 3 would suggest we will get it. A deal like Baker, pick 10 and 22 for pick 3 and the Hawthorn pick for barass, around 15.
If this happens every single moron at PR should be sacked.

Most of the kids on our list are no better than ordinary footballers. Some are clearly not up to it.
Agree, not sure I’ve seen a fan base overrate a group that finished last.

Reactions: 1 users
If this happens every single moron at PR should be sacked.

Really? What do you think we can get exactly.

Bear in mind he's out of contract. West Coast could put up their deal day 1, and leave it there for the whole trade period, similar to what Adelaide did with the Swans with Dawson. They know eventually we will take it.

I just posted on another thread, I suspect their plan is to maintain the same number of early picks but take a few downgrades to get Bakes in.

Pick 3 and 23 for Bakes 10 and 29 isn't a bad deal. IMO the Barass pick from Hawthorn will never be put on the table. They will want to take 3 picks to the draft and get Champion with their late one, they may even trade this back to get an extra pick like we did last year with the McAuliffe trades.

Reactions: 3 users
It's a great deal. Pretty much guarantees us FOS and Jagga.
We get FOS at 1 and if we get pick 6 from gcs Jagga may well be there then. Not that he would be a cert to take him even then. Its depending on who is still there. If he is not there at 6 there will be a mid with just as much talent and upside. There is a reason why its being called such an even draft.
People are losing sight of just how even this draft is.

If i was in charge at WCE id be offering pick 23 only. keeping 3 and 13. Then look at MAYBE offering a future second to someone to stay in this very even deep pool.

Dont shoot me im just looking at what direction id take if at WCE.
I actually would not be trading for Baker at all. Too early in rebuild to be trading quality picks for 27yo players who will be at the backend of of their careers before being ready to challenge.

If the roles were in reverse i would not want us to go after Baker but stay in the draft.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Peatling at GWS, out of contract, only offered two years, I rate the boy very highly, just turned 24, go after him, PSD to the hilt. Gave Gulden a bath in the final on the weekend. Onballer, hard, tackles, good kick.

And Matthew Owies, will be 27 next year, coming off 27 and 33 goal seasons, told to wait and see if he gets a contract. We don't have any small forwards who have kicked those numbers, you would have to think we are talking to him management.

Prefer Peatling tho, have to make this PSD count. Walk someone there, make it a priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
Peatling at GWS, out of contract, only offered two years, I rate the boy very highly, just turned 24, go after him, PSD to the hilt. Gave Gulden a bath in the final on the weekend. Onballer, hard, tackles, good kick.

And Matthew Owies, will be 24 next year, coming off 27 and 33 goal seasons, told to wait and see if he gets a contract. We don't have any small forwards who have kicked those numbers, you would have to think we are talking to him management.

Prefer Peatling tho, have to make this PSD count. Walk someone there, make it a priority.

Owies is already 27, not sure where he get he will be 24

He's pretty slow as well. Get's plenty of ball and opportunity to hit the scoreboard at Carlton.
It’s said the knock on him is his lack of defensive pressure. I don’t watch him or Carlton close enough so don’t know if it’s true or not.

It’s said the knock on him is his lack of defensive pressure. I don’t watch him or Carlton close enough so don’t know if it’s true or not.

True. Mainly due to said lack of pace.

Peatling is a good shout by Scoop though.

Reactions: 5 users