The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Moving on our best mid 20s players is a bold strategy for speculative draft picks.
Can't recall that happening too many times in history.
Reckon Blair is going to live & die by his work over the next 2 years.
Good luck Blair!
I suggest it wasn’t Blair’s initial strategy but it was thrust upon him due to circumstances. His mantra has always been a balanced list in terms of age, positional type ,ability, size and experience profiles.

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 24136

A lot of these players were supposed to be our next tier of stars..
Taranto & Hopper will currently be thinking WTF?
Interesting times ahead..:oops:
Poor old Tarantino n Hoppity have unfortunately walked into footy's version of a nuclear holocaust. There was this massive kaboom n *smile* splattered in all directions.

As the old saying goes. Timing is everything. Yesterday was magic, today is totally *smile* n only Gawd knows what the hell is happening tomorrow.

• Sad
Poor old Tarantino n Hoppity have unfortunately walked into footy's version of a nuclear holocaust. There was this massive kaboom n *smile* splattered in all directions.

As the old saying goes. Timing is everything. Yesterday was magic, today is totally *smile* n only Gawd knows what the hell is happening tomorrow.
Choose wisely and Taranto and Hopper can have their premiership in 4/5 years

Reactions: 3 users
Choose wisely and Taranto and Hopper can have their premiership in 4/5 years
man I am in the opinion that we rolled the dice in 2023 with these 2, but made it clear they will need to be patient until 2027.
I believe we have engineered everything preciously as it is happening now, knowing this cliff is coming.
Fresh Core players, Fresh Core Coaches, Fresh Core Admins........to evolve, fail, learn grow together bound by the strong fabric on club that Gale leaves behind.
We are not a basket case anymore.

I believe this is Gale, Balme final legacy to us and the desired engineered outcome. Which makes senses they locked Blair in to oversee the rebuild, but I do believe he will be off in 2 drafts time.

People are forgetting Gale is the OG Richmond man, yes he is now Mr Tassie and will be super passionate about a flag there but that's a 10-year prop.
We will be in mix way before that.
Love the club, Trust Blair and afford the rest the time to grow,

Reactions: 7 users
I suspect this rebuild will be the last domino to fall, Blair will be list boss in tassie in 2027
Strip it all back Blair/Toce load up this year and next year and start looking at trade in targets in 2026
Reduce us to youngest list profile in the country and invest in the development coaches.
Blair won’t go to Tassie. The list boss of the devils will be appointed in the next 12 months or so to prepare.

Agree with TheCan. We don’t do things in halves. 3 cups in 4 years now what’s happening.
And I don’t mind it.
Players want to leave? See ya! And we reap the adequate compo and go into the next 2 drafts loaded.
Reinvent everything - players, staff, and our beloved punt road oval.
I’m in.

Reactions: 9 users
I don’t believe we have engineered anything. We *smile* up royally and will now have to take our medicine for some time. Blair won’t be able to get another gig at building a list if this goes tits up and the rebuild is unsuccessful.

man I am in the opinion that we rolled the dice in 2023 with these 2, but made it clear they will need to be patient until 2027.
I believe we have engineered everything preciously as it is happening now, knowing this cliff is coming.
Fresh Core players, Fresh Core Coaches, Fresh Core Admins........to evolve, fail, learn grow together bound by the strong fabric on club that Gale leaves behind.
We are not a basket case anymore.
We hope.
Got to absolutely nail the young talent in the draft. It's still a crap shoot with no guarantees.
Severely weakened mid core of talent. Aging top end talent.

Engineered?
I think we're looking at least at another 5 years before we contend again, even if we nail the next couple of drafts.

Reactions: 1 users
We hope.
Got to absolutely nail the young talent in the draft. It's still a crap shoot with no guarantees.
Severely weakened mid core of talent. Aging top end talent.

Engineered?
I think we're looking at least at another 5 years before we contend again, even if we nail the next couple of drafts.
I could live with that .

I don’t believe we have engineered anything. We *smile* up royally and will now have to take our medicine for some time. Blair won’t be able to get another gig at building a list if this goes tits up and the rebuild is unsuccessful.

We have been working to a plan. Build for multiple picks over 2019 and 2920 then make 5 in top 30. Then we looked at the midfield as we were getting beaten and Cotchin and Martin would retire within a few years. So we traded Taranto and Hopper in. You can argue the worth of those two trades but without them we would be in more trouble. Once that was completed the club then looked to build a draft war chest to again have multiple top 30 picks.
Now in all this planning they would not have factored in having pick #1 nor having Bolton Baker and Rioli request trades.
So agree they didn't quite engineer how this year has panned out but they would now be in full planning mode including how to carry the advantage into next year's draft

Reactions: 1 user
he was first I believe, was apparently the afl's compensation for missing out on Plugger.
I was wrong, he was third in the Pre-Season Draft behind Brian McInnes and Craig Nettlebeck.
He had been taken pick 1 in the National draft by Sydney in years prior.

It’s the players leaving.
We aren’t throwing them out.
This is the new world of the AFL.
Neil Balme has stated numerous times we as a club listens to a players wish and if we can facilitate it we will.
Has the club become a soft touch, I’m not sure.
What will be interesting is how we deal with other clubs that are wanting our players.

It’s the players leaving.
We aren’t throwing them out.
This is the new world of the AFL.
Neil Balme has stated numerous times we as a club listens to a players wish and if we can facilitate it we will.
Has the club become a soft touch, I’m not sure.
What will be interesting is how we deal with other clubs that are wanting our players.
On the other hand we came 18th with these boys in the team anyway.... They have all deserved the right to pursue other options as they see fit with our absolute and greatfull thankyou for all your service.... None of their trade value will be as strong as it is right now so now is the time for the Tigz to re-build with real advantages...... A slew of talent to strengthen every area to add to our existing young talent.... Grit your teeth and enjoy the ride I say

Reactions: 6 users
On the other hand we came 18th with these boys in the team anyway.... They have all deserved the right to pursue other options as they see fit with our absolute and greatfull thankyou for all your service.... None of their trade value will be as strong as it is right now so now is the time for the Tigz to re-build with real advantages...... A slew of talent to strengthen every area to add to our existing young talent.... Grit your teeth and enjoy the ride I say
I agree thank them for their service but at present we have 2 players who have contracts, so we hold the upper hand.
One uncontracted but has trade value.
One we get the special sauce treatment with Jack Graham.
After Dans announcement yesterday, I’m now of the opinion let them go and let’s plunder the draft.

I agree thank them for their service but at present we have 2 players who have contracts, so we hold the upper hand.
One uncontracted but has trade value.
One we get the special sauce treatment with Jack Graham.
After Dans announcement yesterday, I’m now of the opinion let them go and let’s plunder the draft.
Its a unique and interesting hand we have been dealt. Time will tell but thats what makes it fun..

we came 18th with these boys in the team anyway.... They have all deserved the right to pursue other options as they see fit with our absolute and greatfull thankyou for all your service.... None of their trade value will be as strong as it is right now so now is the time for the Tigz to re-build with real advantages...... A slew of talent to strengthen every area to add to our existing young talent.... Grit your teeth and enjoy the ride I say
Agreed. Those leaving get to reset and refresh as individuals, and this in turn fast tracks Richmond's ability to reset and refresh as a team. In a few years time, we may look back on this moment as a WIN-WIN.

• Love
Agreed. Those leaving get to reset and refresh as individuals, and this in turn fast tracks Richmond's ability to reset and refresh as a team. In a few years time, we may look back on this moment as a WIN-WIN.
My biggest concern is the club is overrating the kids we have on our list already. Not those we may draft.

I'm actually stunned we're losing our best core of mid 20s players.

Reactions: 6 users
6 picks inside 10. My unlikely but not impossible trade bounty.
I'll start with the easy ones.
Jack Graham compo = 22 (hopefully)

Shai Bolton for pick 9 and 10, we may have to pay his salary.

Brisbane pick 14 (worth 1161 points) for our picks 29, 39, 47 (worth around 1400 points)

Daniel Rioli + picks 41, 57, 66 and 71 (683 points) for gold coasts pick 6 and 13. Pick 13 is worth 1212 points. 1212 minus 683 = 529 points which is equal to pick 30.
So Rioli for essentially pick 6 and 30

Liam Baker. This one is the most unlikely. Baker and pick 13 (1212 points) for West Coast pick 3 (2234 points) 2234 minus 1212 = 1022 points or pick 17

So now we have picks 1 3 6 9 10 14 21 22 - I know very unlikely...

If you wanted to get extremely creative, Melbourne has said they don't want to get their list any younger and are desperate for a key forward. They probably won't want to give up pick 5 for anything but a very good key forward. Would they be interested in splitting pick 5 (1878 points) for pick 14 and 21 (2039 points)?
I realise this is extremely far fetched, just a bit of fun.
If it did come off we would have picks 1 3 5 6 9 10 22 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Love