The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Big question marks on this guy and should not escape scrutiny.

He’s the head of the footy dept that is ultimately responsible for the mess we are in.

Last roll of the dice for Blair.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Blair Weaver Jr's gonna take all these pancake-eating motherflipppers to the cleaners.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I agree thank them for their service but at present we have 2 players who have contracts, so we hold the upper hand.
One uncontracted but has trade value.
One we get the special sauce treatment with Jack Graham.
After Dans announcement yesterday, I’m now of the opinion let them go and let’s plunder the draft.
They can go but only if we get extremely good deals for them. Otherwise Bolton and Rioli play out their contracts and we tell the other clubs to *smile* off.

We can not be accepting under the odds deals under any circumstances. We can no longer be pushovers in trade deals. We need to stand our ground.

My biggest concern is the club is overrating the kids we have on our list already. Not those we may draft.

I'm actually stunned we're losing our best core of mid 20s players.
Most of the kids on our list are no better than ordinary footballers. Some are clearly not up to it. I am really hoping that the kids we draft this year will very quickly go past them. Otherwise our stay in the abyss will be even longer than we thought.

Reactions: 7 users
Big question marks on this guy and should not escape scrutiny.

He’s the head of the footy dept that is ultimately responsible for the mess we are in.

Last roll of the dice for Blair.
I actually think this is the best thing that could of happened a forced rebuild of the list before Tassie from all reports the No 1 pick could be any of 9 players and the draft is quality till at least 40 we could have 1 6 9 10 17 21 etc etc be excited it’s not doom and gloom

Reactions: 5 users
Very interesting to see which top up players we get to senior player losses. You would assume there would be one or two to help transition the draftees.
I’d like Luke Parker and Tim Membray both still got good footy. Parker has showed recently that he can still produce and from a good culture Membray still kicked 30plus goals

Reactions: 4 users
I dont want any mature players to be brought in to the club

We have 10 kids that all deserve game time to develop and another 10 mature players that can guide them
Id rather quality kids get top level experience than getting mauled by hacks in the VFL

The cream will eventually rise to the top

• Love
If all these blokes leave we will be doing well to have our percentage at this years level.

Going to be a very long road.

1. Recruit core.
2. Get picks right 50:50
3. Develop core to mature bodies (3-4 years) / retain talent.
4. don’t have them get injured
5. Recruit middle talent from other sides that are good enough. 50:50

Step 1 a lot easier with scorched earth.
3 (retain) and 5 a lot harder without that existing core.

Fair chance we are loltiges.

Reactions: 1 user
Most of the kids on our list are no better than ordinary footballers. Some are clearly not up to it. I am really hoping that the kids we draft this year will very quickly go past them. Otherwise our stay in the abyss will be even longer than we thought.
Don't disagree, but I look at it a bit differently. We don't have the elite core, they all retired. Our task is to develop a new elite core. If we can do that, a lot of our players can make it as second tier/ role players. The fact most of our young players are ordinary is not the problem.

Reactions: 9 users
Don't disagree, but I look at it a bit differently. We don't have the elite core, they all retired. Our task is to develop a new elite core. If we can do that, a lot of our players can make it as second tier/ role players. The fact most of our young players are ordinary is not the problem.
I agree with this.

We are not going to get dragged up the ladder by Banks, Brown, Clarke, McAuliffe, Campbell etc but there is no reason why quite a few of them can't become solid and valuable AFL players

Reactions: 9 users
The issue for us right now is that we have very few players on the list that can become part of an elite core. Bolton, Rioli and Baker are gone. Balta maybe? Gibcus maybe, if he can ever get on the park? Taranto but his kicking is poor. Our elite core is most likely going to have to come from players that we draft in the next two drafts and they will take a long time to develop. It's gonna be a long haul.

Reactions: 3 users
Alex Davies seems like the right type to walk to the PSD. If Dimma wants to take Daniel, charge him an arm and a leg and walk Davies to the PSD.

Alex Davies, 3 years at 600 and a prime slot in the midfield.

I agree with this.

We are not going to get dragged up the ladder by Banks, Brown, Clarke, McAuliffe, Campbell etc but there is no reason why quite a few of them can't become solid and valuable AFL players
I think a couple in the group of kids that we currently have will surprise and step up more than anticipated. The current transitiona nd teh disruption this year is good learning but hasn't fully allowed the kids to flourish. More stability and we will be surprised by one or two. Which one's ? Not sure, but I just look to the Rhyan Mansell discussion and see how with another 15 games under his belt he's gone from "no hope" to "valuable". One or two others just need some consistency and stability around them and all on the same page and then we'll see who shines.

Reactions: 6 users
I think a couple in the group of kids that we currently have will surprise and step up more than anticipated. The current transitiona nd teh disruption this year is good learning but hasn't fully allowed the kids to flourish. More stability and we will be surprised by one or two. Which one's ? Not sure, but I just look to the Rhyan Mansell discussion and see how with another 15 games under his belt he's gone from "no hope" to "valuable". One or two others just need some consistency and stability around them and all on the same page and then we'll see who shines.
There is a chance one or two of them might make a big leap. It's hard to see right now though.

There is a chance one or two of them might make a big leap. It's hard to see right now though.
I'll admit I'm an optimist. Just from watching training you see a couple have skills/capability that's not showing on gameday yet. So yeah the optimist in me is hopeful/believing one or two will take a step forward. Be fun to watch the journey.

Reactions: 4 users
Bolton Baker and Rioli weren't elite players when we were winning flags. They were good to very good players. If mcauliffe, banks, Clarke etc become very good players we can hopefully get some elite talent through the doors in the next few years to make us great again.
Free agency should help us much more than sides like GC, NM and GWS once we have that elite core of midfielders.

It will be important for us to try to keep this crop of kids from this draft together. I can't remember a club that had so many 300 game, one club players all at once, plus multiple 200+ game one club players as what we've had in the last few years. Long term team stability is hugely important. If this next crop can become that again we'll be looking at another patch of success.

The right leadership choices will be really important. We need another long term young(ish) captain. We don't seem have that on the list right now. Hopefully one of this years draftees shows something in this regard to take the mantle in 4 years time

Depends on what you mean by "big leap". To elite level, most probably not, but to good solid AFL players then there is a good chance imo
Brown and Banks are the two most likely imo. Brown showed good signs early on and Banks is a much better player now than he was 12 months ago and looked pretty comfortable at the level in quite a few games.
The issue with Banks is that he is a Taswegian, as is Mansell.
McAuliffe could well become a good AFL player as well.

Bolton Baker and Rioli weren't elite players when we were winning flags. They were good to very good players. If mcauliffe, banks, Clarke etc become very good players we can hopefully get some elite talent through the doors in the next few years to make us great again.
Free agency should help us much more than sides like GC, NM and GWS once we have that elite core of midfielders.
...and our shiny new digs at Punt Road