The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Seen a few here talking re Harley Reid etc. Gotta say watching him says to me he is all about Harley. Not team orientated at all. I wud not want him as he seems soooo full of himself. Reckon he is gunna b a total wanker
He will leave like judd

Reactions: 1 user
Moving on our best mid 20s players is a bold strategy for speculative draft picks.
Can't recall that happening too many times in history.
Reckon Blair is going to live & die by his work over the next 2 years.
Good luck Blair!

Reactions: 11 users
Reckon this strategy if successful will surely end up in a rule change for the AFL draft
Draft lottery will be mooted and pushed by the AFL mouthpieces through the media guaranteed.

If we end up with 10 1st and second round picks in the next 2 years, and nail em, you watch them change the rules
We will be completely uncompetitive next year, and it will be a rough watch, and a bad product for TV rights to sell
100 point losses are going to be very common when we are playing 10 blokes in the team with less than 20 games experience .

Not saying it is not the right policy , or the right strategy from Blair, but it has never been done as brutally and ruthlessly as it looks like it is being done now, hopefully the draft lives up to its promise, it could be a genius move, or could mean we are rooted for another decade

This after all, is how the tigers roll, back to back flags, to back to back spoons, all within 4 years. Unbelievable

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I hope Blair has had his eyes peeled, there's 2 and 3 years players who aren't getting a game, such as Angus Sheldrick, Neil Erasmus etc

Reactions: 5 users
View attachment 24136

A lot of these players were supposed to be our next tier of stars..
Taranto & Hopper will currently be thinking WTF?
Interesting times ahead..:oops:
It will be. Hope those cheering from certain sections of PRE can stomach the medicine they’re going to have to swallow. Going to be a tough few years ahead. Don’t want to hear their bitching and moaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was just reading the scuttlebutt on Liam baker and they reckon we can trade him and get something back from the new club, even though he’s not under contract anymore.

I can’t get my head around that.

And I just remembered we can use first pick in the Pre-season draft to grab a player too (anyone remember Gaspar?)

Moving on our best mid 20s players is a bold strategy for speculative draft picks.
Can't recall that happening too many times in history.
Reckon Blair is going to live & die by his work over the next 2 years.
Good luck Blair!
In 3-4 years time hopefully media will be saying 'they need to do a Richmond' when talking about a team that needs to rebuild.

Reactions: 3 users
In 3-4 years time hopefully media will be saying 'they need to do a Richmond' when talking about a team that needs to rebuild.
I suspect this rebuild will be the last domino to fall, Blair will be list boss in tassie in 2027
Strip it all back Blair/Toce load up this year and next year and start looking at trade in targets in 2026
Reduce us to youngest list profile in the country and invest in the development coaches.

I was just reading the scuttlebutt on Liam baker and they reckon we can trade him and get something back from the new club, even though he’s not under contract anymore.

I can’t get my head around that.

And I just remembered we can use first pick in the Pre-season draft to grab a player too (anyone remember Gaspar?)
Gaspar was the second pick in PSD from memory.

Richmond got him to inflate his contract expectations to outprice what Melbourne could afford. Then after he joined, we extended his contract on a lower per year amount. AFL changed rules after it I think.

It will be. Hope those cheering from certain sections of PRE can stomach the medicine they’re going to have to swallow. Going to be a together few years ahead. Don’t want to hear their bitching and moaning.
Yes am ok with what must happen for success to return.
We will be bottom next year, lowish 2026 and mid table 2027.
By 2028 we will have a dozen high end players with some experience.
We will then be like 2014...and finals bound.
No other way out of this.
PS...in 2015 we had around 9-10 top end draft picks
In 2017..add Prestia and Caddy but lose Lids..so 10 -11.
In 2028 we will have drafted 12 or more new ,plus Brown and Gibcus. = 14 plus high end picks....think about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Gaspar was the second pick in PSD from memory.

Richmond got him to inflate his contract expectations to outprice what Melbourne could afford. Then after he joined, we extended his contract on a lower per year amount. AFL changed rules after it I think.
he was first I believe, was apparently the afl's compensation for missing out on Plugger.