The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Just looking at the potential trades with Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham and the current ladder position. Working with value in points.

Graham (FA) to West Coast and they help get Band 3 = pick 22.
Baker + 41 to West Coast for Barrass pick (Hawthorn pick 9) = values Baker at 1000+ points or equal to pick 16.

Bolton + pick 33 to Fremantle for pick 8, 13 & 16 (or future first) = values Bolton at 3,200+ points which is similar to the Tim Kelly deal. Could also pay some wages to sweeten/change any deal.

Rioli to Gold Coast - need to negotiate with them to get pick 6 as they will want to trade it out and have enough to bid on Lombard.
Trade our pick 22 (Graham compo) + 51 & 57 (?) for a future 1st from a top 8 team - should be some interest for this years draft. Could even be takers without late picks.
Rioli + future 1st + 39 to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20. Est. value Rioli around 2,500 points. Could also pay some salary if needed.

Would have a draft hand of 8 high picks with 3 being top 10 -
Pick 1, 6, 9, 12, 13, 16, 20 & 21.

Maybe use 5 of these picks in the 2024 draft and trade 3 picks for 3 or more future first round picks. Should be high demand on draft night and can also move picks around on the night. Could also split picks.

Also have pick 1 in PSD + pick 1 Rookie draft this year.

So could have another 4 or more first round picks into the 2025 draft plus may be able to trade salary cap as well for first/future firsts etc. These picks could also be traded into 2026.

Could also target Free Agents or Contracted players in 2024/25/26 with that hand.
Get this F done !

Reactions: 1 users
Just looking at the potential trades with Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham and the current ladder position. Working with value in points.

Graham (FA) to West Coast and they help get Band 3 = pick 22.
Baker + 41 to West Coast for Barrass pick (Hawthorn pick 9) = values Baker at 1000+ points or equal to pick 16.

Bolton + pick 33 to Fremantle for pick 8, 13 & 16 (or future first) = values Bolton at 3,200+ points which is similar to the Tim Kelly deal. Could also pay some wages to sweeten/change any deal.

Rioli to Gold Coast - need to negotiate with them to get pick 6 as they will want to trade it out and have enough to bid on Lombard.
Trade our pick 22 (Graham compo) + 51 & 57 (?) for a future 1st from a top 8 team - should be some interest for this years draft. Could even be takers without late picks.
Rioli + future 1st + 39 to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20. Est. value Rioli around 2,500 points. Could also pay some salary if needed.

Would have a draft hand of 8 high picks with 3 being top 10 -
Pick 1, 6, 9, 12, 13, 16, 20 & 21.

Maybe use 5 of these picks in the 2024 draft and trade 3 picks for 3 or more future first round picks. Should be high demand on draft night and can also move picks around on the night. Could also split picks.

Also have pick 1 in PSD + pick 1 Rookie draft this year.

So could have another 4 or more first round picks into the 2025 draft plus may be able to trade salary cap as well for first/future firsts etc. These picks could also be traded into 2026.

Could also target Free Agents or Contracted players in 2024/25/26 with that hand.
In this scenario we would 1, 6, 8, and 9 plus the rest wouldn't we?
If you combined Graham and Dustys FA compo you would hope it would be band 3.

In this scenario we would 1, 6, 8, and 9 plus the rest wouldn't we?
If you combined Graham and Dustys FA compo you would hope it would be band 3.

Yes thanks. I corrected it with pick 9 added.

Would have a draft hand of 9 high picks with 4 being top 10 -
Pick 1, 6, 8 , 9, 12, 13, 16, 20 & 21.

Dustin Martin is unknown so I left him out. But suspect if he was to go to the Gold Coast on a 2 year deal then with age and contract length it would be more Band 4. But his manager would likely arrange ASA agreements - related 3rd party sponsor deals. So could bump to say Band 3 with earnings from adding the Martin brand name to sponsors or other related benefits.

The draft hand would almost be like an expansion team but means losing Rioli and Bolton. Suspect Baker and Graham will leave anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not 1 to count my chickens early don't like seeing we have picks,
1 2,3,4,5 etc.
Realistically it's
1, 7, 15, (bolton),
21,22(Graham but in doubt it's this early
Then our other picks could get either blues or lions pick,so 10 to 18.
Meaning at worst
1, 7, 15, 18, 21, 31, not counting where Graham's pick is.

To me this is fantastic with such quality available until mid to late 30s.

Reactions: 1 user
Missed him
Missed Hogan
Had a chance to get Arces.
Missed out on Bompmytelly.
Hogan wanted to go to a Sydney or Brisbane club to get out of the fishbowl. Had mental health issues, we were never a chance.
No idea where the Acres chance came from ?
The Bont was pick 4 and our first pick was 12 so how did we miss him?

Reactions: 2 users
Missed him
Missed Hogan
Had a chance to get Arces.
Missed out on Bompmytelly.
From what I remember we only offered a 1-2 deal on minimum $$ and GWS offered around $300k so a no brainer for Jesse. In hindsight it was a huge miss.

From what I remember we only offered a 1-2 deal on minimum $$ and GWS offered around $300k so a no brainer for Jesse. In hindsight it was a huge miss.
Hogan begged us to come to richmond we declined we never made him an offer at all

• Haha
  • Wow