The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Made me think of some of the great neckbeard players. Do these guys qualify?

Attachments

• 9475a971054dee2712f071a84e977616.jpg
    9475a971054dee2712f071a84e977616.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
He and Toce have the opportunity to set us up. Blair will get Toce the picks, let's hope Captain Neckbeard finds treasure.
Pirate GIF by Pirate's Parley

• Haha
Ohalloran no way. Hopeless
Robertson got stooged to stay, 100 injuries still not getting a game, will be in WA next year
And who's Driscoll Disco??

We have plenty of these types on our list already, it's the top end talent we need and the only way is the pointy end of the draft and free agency.

Reactions: 1 users
if so I can't see how Jack Graham fits in there.

Maybe, but just depends on what they think their midfield mix will be. They will want to protect Reid as much as possible. Yeo, Reid, Kelly, Graham, Robertson and Bakes as their main mid seems ok. Ginbey IMO has been a massive disappointment for them, having to play a pick 9 midfielder as a medium back is a massive loss for them.

They would probably prioritise Graham over Robertson though I guess as Graham is essentially free, plus if they play it right, can work on that as a discount to the Baker trade by getting us Band 3 compo.

IF we lose Martin 1.3 mil, Grimes 500 k, Rioli 700k, Bolton 1 mil, Baker 700 k that's 4.2 mil in salary cap space...
If we pay a fair chunk of Riolis wage is that worth pick 6 and 11? The other option is to put the picks in that gc need for Lombard to get 6 and 11 and Rioli.
Same deal with Freo. They are just starting their window. If we pay a fair chunk of Bolton's wage is that worth all three of their first rounders for Bolton? I'm not sure but these are the questions we need to ask.
There's no way we are getting close to the salary cap next year otherwise, if we lose of all these players.

Ginbey IMO has been a massive disappointment for them, having to play a pick 9 midfielder as a medium back is a massive loss for them.
He was a back they hoped could become a mid, much like Vlastuin (also pick 9) was for us. He's up against it to be as good a backmanhas Vlastuin, but he and they have looked much better since he's gone back.

Just looking at the potential trades with Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham and the current ladder position. Working with value in points.

Graham (FA) to West Coast and they help get Band 3 = pick 22.
Baker + 41 to West Coast for Barrass pick (Hawthorn pick 9) = values Baker at 1000+ points or equal to pick 16.

Bolton + pick 33 to Fremantle for pick 8, 13 & 16 (or future first) = values Bolton at 3,200+ points which is similar to the Tim Kelly deal. Could also pay some wages to sweeten/change any deal.

Rioli to Gold Coast - need to negotiate with them to get pick 6 as they will want to trade it out and have enough to bid on Lombard.
Trade our pick 22 (Graham compo) + 51 & 57 (?) for a future 1st from a top 8 team - should be some interest for this years draft. Could even be takers without late picks.
Rioli + future 1st + 39 to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20. Est. value Rioli around 2,500 points. Could also pay some salary if needed.

Would have a draft hand of 9 high picks with 4 being top 10 -
Pick 1, 6, 8 , 9, 12, 13, 16, 20 & 21.

Maybe use 6 of these picks in the 2024 draft and trade 3 picks for 3 or more future first round picks. Should be high demand on draft night and can also move picks around on the night. Could also split picks.

Also have pick 1 in PSD + pick 1 Rookie draft this year.

So could have another 4 or more first round picks into the 2025 draft plus may be able to trade salary cap as well for first/future firsts etc. These picks could also be traded into 2026.

Could also target Free Agents or Contracted players in 2024/25/26 with that hand.

Last edited:
IF we lose Martin 1.3 mil, Grimes 500 k, Rioli 700k, Bolton 1 mil, Baker 700 k that's 4.2 mil in salary cap space...
If we pay a fair chunk of Riolis wage is that worth pick 6 and 11? The other option is to put the picks in that gc need for Lombard to get 6 and 11 and Rioli.
Same deal with Freo. They are just starting their window. If we pay a fair chunk of Bolton's wage is that worth all three of their first rounders for Bolton? I'm not sure but these are the questions we need to ask.
There's no way we are getting close to the salary cap next year otherwise, if we lose of all these players.
Who told u Grimes is on 500k
Yeah in 2015
He is on 750k

That would make Toce the luckiest recruiting manager in history to have that bevy of picks over his first 2 years in the job.

That would make Toce the luckiest recruiting manager in history to have that bevy of picks over his first 2 years in the job.

I was just looking at what the players would be worth in a trade on a realistic points based value.

Looking that way and it looks possible that by trading 3 players plus Graham being a free agent it seems that it could be a chance to do a almost total rebuild in a very short time.

Toce would need to nail many of the picks though.

Last edited: