The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Has definitely improved on last year’s poor season but statistically at least he’s at about the same output as two years ago.
Has got a bit stronger in contests no doubt. That’s a genuine tick.
I just think he’s come from such a low base last year that many are exaggerating his improvement because last year he’s fortunate he wasn’t delisted. Yes he’s a bit better but It’s moderate improvement overall.
Yeah, significant improvement is a stretch.

Reactions: 1 users
Has definitely improved on last year’s poor season but statistically at least he’s at about the same output as two years ago.
Two years ago he was playing HBF when he got a game. Now he's a fat-side winger. HBFs get more ball than fat-side wingers.

Reactions: 6 users
Nah rumor was Baker was one of the Tiger players who wasn't impressed when Harwdick stiffed em and walked out. and let him kmow about it.

Don't know if it's true but that was the rumor.
Hardwick stiffed a few I reckon.

• Haha
Hartley along with Clarke have absolutely butchered the list.

However, if Gibcus, Blight, Brown, Tresize, Banks, Mccauliff, Lefau, Clarke, MJ, Brown,Hugo, mansell. Campbell, Green, Gray, Bauer, Hayes-Brown and Smith all come good, we might be ok.

Add some elite midfield talent through the draft and you never know.

I’m writing off Sonsie, Cumberland and Dow. I’ve seen enough

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Jack Carroll at carlton.
Riley Garcia at bulldogs.
Both have played seniors thhs year but there are incumbent stars in front of them.
Both wouldve played every game for us.

And Mr Ps favourite Phil Willips at north.
What would McCrae from Collingwood cost??
He gets it 1000 times in the 2's

Nah rumor was Baker was one of the Tiger players who wasn't impressed when Harwdick stiffed em and walked out. and let him kmow about it.

Don't know if it's true but that was the rumor.
Um… isn’t Bakes about to walk out too?

Different set of circumstances I know, but the same net result

Make or break for Blair next few months I feel
The comms in the media that Rioli and Bolton are not sale is brilliant this automatically tells GCS and WA golden offer or nothing.
As such if those clubs come knocking which we are led to believe they will, I can't see us not netting 4 first rounders, by the time swap back 2nds 3rd and 4ths in moving the players on.
Add the baker pick into the pool, I would be astonished if he can't deal us into 3 top 10 picks this year and grab an extra one next year.
The fact that there is no clear pick 1 at this stage is good for us right? The top 10 must all be close to each other and they all cant be duds, ok sure no harley or dustys as yet, but we could grab a cripps (smille) Pendlebury (langford) and Jon brown (Armstrong) very easily with our 3 top 10 picks., and bank one for next year.

Last edited:
I just don't think that Blair is the kinda guy to mass jettison experienced players for draft picks to go all chips in on one draft.
Top up a list with experienced players; yes no problem.
Trade club stalwarts to aggressively accumulate prized draft picks when we have pole position in a rich crop; not so much.
I really wish he was that guy, 'cos this is the year to do it, but I doubt it.
Sooo hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
I just don't think that Blair is the kinda guy to mass jettison experienced players for draft picks to go all chips in on one draft.
Top up a list with experienced players; yes no problem.
Trade club stalwarts to aggressively accumulate prized draft picks when we have pole position in a rich crop; not so much.
I really wish he was that guy, 'cos this is the year to do it, but I doubt it.
Sooo hope I'm wrong.
If we don’t aggressively pursue high picks over the next two years we are stuffed.

If we don’t aggressively pursue high picks over the next two years we are stuffed.
It depends on what aggressive means

My strong suspicion is that Rioli and Bolton will stay and Baker will go. The combination of trading with our plethora of lower picks with clubs keen to do deals around academy players and a trade for Baker would probably give us 3 first round picks. If we hold on to our own 2nd rounder as well that's a nice hand to play.

Personally I don't see us being any more aggressive than that

Reactions: 12 users

My strong suspicion is that Rioli and Bolton will stay and Baker will go. The combination of trading with our plethora of lower picks with clubs keen to do deals around academy players and a trade for Baker would probably give us 3 first round picks. If we hold on to our own 2nd rounder as well that's a nice hand to play.

The aim will be to have another 5 in 30-odd draft, except instead of 9, 17, 28, 29, 30, we could easily end up with 1, 8, 15, two picks in the 30s, and have banked an extra first and second next year. That first pick of the second round could easily fetch us a future first. Kids will be taken in the 30s and 40s this year who would go in the 20s in other drafts.

Reactions: 2 users
Multiple draft picks required this year

Question for mine is there a clear cut # 1 for 2025. If so then our plan should be to play the 2024 new kids and thus finish # 1 pick again next year.

List rebuild taken care of. Then fill gaps with free agents

• Haha

Think you are right , maybe Graham wants to go ( as rumoured )but will probably get a second rounder for him . but that will give us 3 first round pics and 3 second round .

Reactions: 1 user
Jye Caldwell, no contract for next year at Essendon. Godfather PSD offer. Make the bastards over pay.

• Wow