The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

I’ve watched every game. I think he’s improved but it’s been far more moderate than you obviously do. Is he good enough to play in a Premiership team? Not yet & am unconvinced ever. Any it’s what we’ve got atm.
Haaarrgh. Come on Oldie. None of our players was good enough to play in a premiership 2013 until 2016. Then all of a sudden they were all *smile* champions. Is all always a blending of talent, experience and positional needs.
Go through any flag list you want from any year of the game and you'll find a large handful of spuds n bog ordinary players in every team.

Reactions: 9 users
I can understand the frustration with Ryan, but a little over the top with Ralphsmith. I'd have probably waited a bit longer, but he's certainly shown a significant improvement.
As said elsewhere, he can be held onto until we recruit more depth/talent. But for the time being, far from our worst problem.
Has definitely improved on last year’s poor season but statistically at least he’s at about the same output as two years ago.
Has got a bit stronger in contests no doubt. That’s a genuine tick.
I just think he’s come from such a low base last year that many are exaggerating his improvement because last year he’s fortunate he wasn’t delisted. Yes he’s a bit better but It’s moderate improvement overall.

Reactions: 2 users
Jack Carroll at carlton.
Riley Garcia at bulldogs.
Both have played seniors thhs year but there are incumbent stars in front of them.
Both wouldve played every game for us.

And Mr Ps favourite Phil Willips at north.
No that easy getting a game for us.
You’ve got to pass our strength and conditioning team first.
Fail that your out for 8-12 weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Has definitely improved on last year’s poor season but statistically at least he’s at about the same output as two years ago.
I just think he’s come from such a low base last year that many are exaggerating his improvement because last year he’s fortunate he wasn’t delisted. Yes he’s a bit better but It’s moderate improvement overall.

Look at the improvement in Hugo, many thought that he wouldn't be on the list next year. Hopefully Ryan can do a similar thing. He's still a youngster when all's said & done.
I have my fingers crossed that's for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve watched every game. I think he’s improved but it’s been far more moderate than you obviously do. Is he good enough to play in a Premiership team? Not yet & am unconvinced ever. Any it’s what we’ve got atm.
Still can't kick.

Reactions: 1 users

A little harsh. There were similar arguments with George, KMc, Grigg & Bachar. But then they were premiership players. The bigger issue is that our very best players aren’t that good anymore or aren’t on the park enough. Hopefully the upcoming draft allows us to recruit an A grade core to build around.

Reactions: 3 users

His impact in games cant be under estimated - he's been in our best 5 players for the past 2 months easily - dont care what stats show. Has become a very good AFL wingman this season, amazing what a bit continuity does, that and also about 40 games experience

Reactions: 7 users
A little harsh. There were similar arguments with George, KMc, Grigg & Bachar. But then they were premiership players. The bigger issue is that our very best players aren’t that good anymore or aren’t on the park enough. Hopefully the upcoming draft allows us to recruit an A grade core to build around.

yep, for mine our A graders are Bolton, Balta, Rioli, Taranto and Hopper. We need to add a few more thats for sure. I think we have a number of players already on our list that are solid B graders or will develop into good solid role players, a strong draft this year and maybe next year and we'll have a pretty decent building block

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
yep, for mine our A graders are Bolton, Balta, Rioli, Taranto and Hopper. We need to add a few more thats for sure
Big question is. Are any of them actual A graders?
Dusty. Jaaack. Cotch. Tross. Shedda. Lynch in their prime wipe the floor with that lot.

Reactions: 6 users
Dusty. Jaaack. Cotch. Tross. Shedda. Lynch in their prime wipe the floor with that lot.
Agreed, but I also think they will continue to grow - Bolton, Rioli and Taranto are easily A graders right now for mine. Hopper just hasnt had a reasonable run so he needs to prove himself, but fully fit, he's better than Taranto for mine and Balta is an A grade Key back, but not in the fwd line.

Cast your mind back to what we were syaing in 2016 when we had a crap season. We always rated Dusty, Tross and Jack, there were some question marks being asked of Cotch and shedda before 2017.

Reactions: 1 user

Agreed. In my opinion, that is the root cause of our problems (as well as fitness and injuries). We need to find 4 or 5 A graders over the next 2 drafts. From all reports, this draft is very good.

Reactions: 1 users