The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Yeah this sounds right in terms of what we can reasonably expect but list-wise we need more.

There are no under 25 cornerstones apart from Gibcus and that situation is fraught.

List is in diabolical shape and I hope the club is 100% across it.
After this season the club should 100% be over the "yay, look at all of our recent Premierships" mode and into the... "holy crap, our list is in bloody terrible shape" stage. If they are stuck on Step 3, denial, we are in trouble BUT I highly doubt that will be the case.

2024 is certainly shaping up as a very interesting and very important trade/ draft period for the club.

Reactions: 1 users
After this season the club should 100% be over the "yay, look at all of our recent Premierships" mode and into the... "holy crap, our list is in bloody terrible shape" stage. If they are stuck on Step 3, denial, we are in trouble BUT I highly doubt that will be the case.

2024 is certainly shaping up as a very interesting and very important trade/ draft period for the club.

Thinking the club is well aware of the list structure issues. They saw the gapping hole in the midfield and went and got Taranto and Hopper. One could argue the merits of those two trades but if they didn't do that we would be in a whole more world of hurt.

Then they spent the last two years building the large 2024 draft hand

The key is what they do now (and what the AFL does in its usual changing rules on the run)

Reactions: 4 users
Some big contracts will be coming off the books in the next little while (not to mention those veterans that have already moved on and their dollars shifted to the likes of Taranto and Hopper). To make up the salary cap spending requirements I hope we're not going to be throwing big money at some of the spuds we have on our list. Blair has to have a few decent trade / free agent targets in mind surely.

Reactions: 1 user
Some big contracts will be coming off the books in the next little while (not to mention those veterans that have already moved on and their dollars shifted to the likes of Taranto and Hopper). To make up the salary cap spending requirements I hope we're not going to be throwing big money at some of the spuds we have on our list. Blair has to have a few decent trade / free agent targets in mind surely.

AFL talking about trading salary cap for draft picks so if that comes in it would work for us in managing our salary cap

Reactions: 2 users
Who is the “Jye Caldwell” equivalent we can prize out from somewhere?
That to me is one of the steps we can take. Let’s get a a player with talent stuck behind a really good midfield and not getting a game
If Baker goes(More than likely)i like Garcia from the Dogs.Getting plenty of the ball at vfl level but just can't crack the dogs side on a regular basis.
Is tough at it similar too Bakes.

I agree.

A number of clubs have will think they are close and have a poor draft hand this year. Our pick 21 could be appealing for a f1 from hawthorn, Essendon, Geelong and then hopefully they have a poor year with a hard draw

Our strategy last draft was brave with pick trading. I hope we are bold again.
Surely the cats are due for a bottom 4.

Thinking the club is well aware of the list structure issues. They saw the gapping hole in the midfield and went and got Taranto and Hopper. One could argue the merits of those two trades but if they didn't do that we would be in a whole more world of hurt.

Then they spent the last two years building the large 2024 draft hand

The key is what they do now (and what the AFL does in its usual changing rules on the run)

Yeah I think there are way too many people not giving the club enough, indicating that we've had our eye off the ball etc.

The TT trade talk is nonsense, the trade was a very good one for us. Hopper I get the angst a bit more, but worst case we missed 1 top pick, thats not going to make or break our rebuild.

People have short mindspans unfortunately, got back to 2022 and we were a poor ARC decision away from going deep into finals. Last year we were ok, and potentially would have made finals again had Lynch remained fit. Similar to this year, injuries have crippled us, and we have dropped far below where our list should be finishing if fully fit.

Anyway, I think the club has been well aware of this, and having said repeatedly on here they have gone about the list build / rebuild in a different way to our premiership build, largely due to circumstance and the picks we've had available to us. Some would make us believe that we have recruited purely duds over the last 5 years but thats falsehood, mostly from posters trying to push a belief that they are smarter than all list managers. In reality we have recruited some of those players who are the "support crew" who we largely recruited later in our premiership list build, we've done that 1st this time around and now looking at the guns. We should have at least 4 picks inside 30 this year, with 2 inside 10, potentially more inside 30 depending on how many players are traded, so we have a great chance to rebuild the list starting this year with the GUNS that everyone looks at our list, and goes "but where are they" without looking at the lack of top picks we've had available to us.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Given the evenness of the draft at the top end the eagles may well look at splitting pick 3 but of course it works both ways. Is there a team willing to provide 2 first round picks for pick 3?

Only Freo and the suns have multiple first round picks to trade.

West coast could also dangle Liam Ryan and Barrass for draft picks, they also have future picks

It does not need to use pick 3 to get Baker

Reactions: 2 users
West coast could also dangle Liam Ryan and Barrass for draft picks, they also have future picks

I think they will go hard this year..
They picked only 2 kids last year with the idea to attack this year's draft.

It is logical that they let Barrass go, niko. Therfore they will do that.

That's the Baker pick.

You knew they had one in the bank, @Little Ziggyadee

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
It is logical that they let Barrass go, niko. Therfore they will do that.

That's the Baker pick.

You knew they had one in the bank, @Little Ziggyadee
Sorry to disagree young fella.
But who takes M.Barass?

Maybe GC. They could do with a classy FB. But they'd probably rather take 3 for their two firsts. Doubt they trade for Bareassed.
Freo dont need key backs, neither do melbin and gws. Essindun dont need anything but footballers. Saints and Crows need everything.

Maybe Brions who would appreciate a cultured fellow. But have a young ashcroft and need points.
And by now the pick is getting late and not worthy of a freewheelin Bakes.

For Wet toast to get Baker they'll trade 3 to GC (booo dont like)
or give us their 2nd this year and next (roughly 23 and f20)

We could then use our future 2nd and WCE future 2nd to get a Suns 1st.