The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

I like Oea of the offcuts. He's not a footballer except for his increasing ability to get the ball off the ground relentlessly at VFL level. His numbers have been trending up. Super athlete with decision making and execution limitations. He can really run em down. Super brisk.

Not really for us at this stage but one I have an eye on. Still has improvement in him IMO.

Im not saying we should pick him up, but Parfitt will be 30 in 2028. If he was good enough he would still be helping us when we could be winning.
And the other name thrown up- Clarke will be 26 (I think).

Even Sam Weideman would be just 31. He could be the heir to Tom Lynch we have been looking for. 🤡
Charlie Clarke is 20 atm so 24 in 2028

We've lost

We've lost a ton of experience in Baker, Dusty, Marlion, Bakes, Rioli, Graham and Grimes. You're going to want some mature bodies to replace them. I doubt we,ll be taking 8 kids in the draft. I heard some talking head says that's too much for the development team (don't know if that's true or not). Still think some mature bodies via the DFa or rookie draft is the go.
Not when our last pick is the first pick on night 2. Premium juniors over discards.

Reactions: 4 users
Not when our last pick is the first pick on night 2. Premium juniors over discards.
We’ll see what happens re trading picks on trade night.

And I’m not saying discards over premium picks, I’m saying a few mature bodies to compliment the juniors.

Reactions: 1 user

And I’m not saying discards over premium picks, I’m saying a few mature bodies to compliment the juniors.
We may or may not do that but some of these guys are available outside the draft as train ons, PSD or rookie draft

In the end it is probably a choice between them and McIntosh, Coulthard, Dow and Cumberland

I personally don't want to bring in mature age players that may result in getting an extra win or two. We have Tarranto, Hopper, Prestia even Ross, (that's enough support and teaching in the midfield. Broad & Balta can hold the fort and school the defenders. Light on forward with Lynch who doesn't often get on the park.
Stack the list with youth at least for next season, cop another poorly finish and receive a top 1-3 pick which almost will certainly guarantee a gun.
Then go hunting players Trade period & FA 2025 & 2026.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
I personally don't want to bring in mature age players that may result in getting an extra win or two. We have Tarranto, Hopper, Prestia even Ross, (that's enough support and teaching in the midfield. Broad & Balta can hold the fort and school the defenders. Light on forward with Lynch who doesn't often get on the park.
Stack the list with youth at least for next season, cop another poorly finish and receive a top 1-3 pick which almost will certainly guarantee a gun.
Then go hunting players Trade period 2025 & 2026.
Hopper, Prestia aren't real reliable Caeser. We'd do well to get 22 games combined out both of them on current levels. They could improve of course...
I'd probably try find a hardened 25-27yo who can take a battering when those guys aren't on the park.
They can take the heavy hits at VFL level too when the others are fit.

• Dislike
What will be interesting is the plan with ruckman
Nankervis is unlikely to play every week
What is the contingency plan for a long term injury or do we just take the risk
Do we chase an experienced state leaguer for back up

Reactions: 1 users
The plan is to get the #1 pick again in 2025 plus the first pick of the 2025 second round.

We don't need to get any players in just the draftees for 2024 and 2025. Yes a bit of pain to go but the whole aim is to be looking at finals from 2028 onwards and top 4 from 2030 onwards. If Gale was formulating another long term plan it would be 3 premierships before 2041

Its also the need to have a competitive well structured side.
Not just for us supporters and our sanity, but also to have an optimum learning environment for the youngsters.

Normally 8 kids to the club would disrupt the training structure, but we are getting all first rounders so high footy iq for many of them.
So we'll need excellent leaders to set standards and keep onfield structures.

Its why we need all our existing players to be on the same page, committed and not trying to go their own way