The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Blair has some sleepless nights ahead. The list isn't in great shape.
Not looking good at all, the below players are all out of contract at seasons end, that's presuming Lefau, Gray and Blight haven't signed 18 month contracts.

Cumberland
Graham
Grimes
Martin
McIntosh
Naismith
Prestia
Baker
Blight
Campbell
Colina
Coulthard
Dow
Gray
Green
Lefau
Pickett
Ralphsmith
Rioli
Ross
Ryan
Smith
Trezise

Reactions: 1 user
That's a lot to be out of contract but it also gives Hartly a lot of flexibility to cut and trade out as well. There would be plenty of meetings and scenarios getting thrashed out between now and trade time.
Of the "older players" I think Grimes will retire( he'll be doing all he can to get back for a farewell game).
Pickett as we know needs to get to 100 games. I'd give one more year as a backup for injuries. He plays VFL and enough games to reach that milestone.
Dusty had earned the right to do whatever he chooses but I hope he retires and stays a one club legend and not tarnish his great name.
Prestia is an interesting one. Watching from the outside I would say retire, too many injuries, it's time. Every time his name comes up in a press conference Yze always speaks in glowing terms like "he's great around the young boys" or "he will make a great coach and sets the example at training".
Lynch will be a watch this space till the end of the year. If he can play the last 6-7 games and gain some form would another club come knocking?
There will be a lot of money saved with our retirements. Baker/Bolton and Rioli add more intrigue to this offseason ( although I think they will stay)
Next year I hope there will be some decent free agents because we will cashed up.

Not looking good at all, the below players are all out of contract at seasons end, that's presuming Lefau, Gray and Blight haven't signed 18 month contracts.

Cumberland
Graham
Grimes
Martin
McIntosh
Naismith
Prestia
Baker
Blight
Campbell
Colina
Coulthard
Dow
Gray
Green
Lefau
Pickett
Ralphsmith
Rioli
Ross
Ryan
Smith
Trezise
I dont think it's all that different from previous year regarding the number out of contract.

A random one to look at that's not getting a game ATM - Henry Hustwaite from the Hawks.

195cm midfielder - left footer.

Drafted in 2022 - He had some fans on here.

Really starting to dominate at VFL level. Not sure if he's re-signed an extension from his original contract which would expire end of this year - but is looking very promising.

If out of contract might be gettable?

Reactions: 1 users
A random one to look at that's not getting a game ATM - Henry Hustwaite from the Hawks.

Really starting to dominate at VFL level. Not sure if he's re-signed an extension from his original contract which would expire end of this year - but is looking very promising.

Going by FootyWire, he’s contracted to 2026.

• Sad

Great idea but I rather get someone who has played at AfL level but is looking at best 22 opportunities
Like Nik Newman, Blake Arces, I would even go after Reef McInnes or Lewis Melcan.

Cumberland
Graham
Grimes
Martin
McIntosh
Naismith
Prestia
Baker
Blight
Campbell
Colina
Coulthard
Dow
Gray
Green
Lefau
Pickett
Ralphsmith
Rioli
Ross
Ryan
Smith
Trezise
I think Gray and Blight are both on 18 month deals

Great idea but I rather get someone who has played at AfL level but is looking at best 22 opportunities
Like Nik Newman, Blake Arces, I would even go after Reef McInnes or Lewis Melcan.
Are either of McInnes or Macrae from the skunks actually any good

I dont even know much about them to be honest I do know they are both somewhat fringe dwellers at the pIes though.

Cumberland
Graham
Grimes
Martin
McIntosh
Naismith
Prestia
Baker
Blight
Campbell
Colina
Coulthard
Dow
Gray
Green
Lefau
Pickett
Ralphsmith
Rioli
Ross
Ryan
Smith
Trezise
I reckon these guys will be cut/retire/trade. The others staying won't be on huge coin. We should have plenty of dollars to spend.

Cumberland
Graham
Grimes
Naismith
Colina
Coulthard
Dow
Green
Pickett

I reckon these guys will be cut/retire/trade. The others staying won't be on huge coin. We should have plenty of dollars to spend.

Cumberland
Graham
Grimes
Naismith
Colina
Coulthard
Dow
Green
Pickett
Dow won’t be cut. Before anyone attacks me that’s a prediction not a value judgement.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Main List OOC
20247LiamBaker
202438NoahCumberland
202427ThomsonDow
202434JackGraham
202448SteelyGreen
20242DylanGrimes
20244DustinMartin
202433KamdynMcIntosh
202424SamNaismith
202450MarlionPickett
20243DionPrestia
202413HugoRalphsmith
202410MauriceRioli Jnr
20245JackRoss
202449KalebSmith

Rookie Contrcat status
2025 Rookie43JacobBauer
2024 Rookie44SethCampbell
Cat B 2024 Rookie39Mate'Colina
2025/Rookie45TylarYoung
2024 Rookie26MatthewCoulthard
2024 Rookie36JamesTrezise
Cat B 2024 Rookie47OliverHayes- Brown
2024 Rookie42MykeltiLefau
2024 RookieJacobBlight
2024 RookieCampbellGray

Not sure there’s too many Premiership players playing near their best now , obviously when you take away the quality they have played the majority of their careers with it’s obviously going to get a lot tougher .

Does BH keep most of these guys that are still our best players or does he give cubs another year ? There’s not much Premiership looking quality in the cubs , I’m not sure I’d be wasting more seasons on a lot of them , think I’d go deep in the draft again with the untried