Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

Barnzy said:
A team with one win in nearly half a season doesn't have any depth whatsoever.

Only reason people are finding it hard to make a change is because the torrential rain and wet weather football totally took poor skills (our weakness) out of the equation and made it a contested ball fest (our strength) so everyone effectively played their role. Once we get flogged by St Kilda under the Ethiad roof we will see people wanting to make a raft of changes.

Ah Barnzy, I knew you wouldn't let us down. ;D

tha8ball said:
Try and stretch the Saints and go all out attack. Bring in Post and Morton to help JR and Griff and allow Astbury to play back.

Foley should play if he is fit.

In: Post, Morton, Simmonds, Foley

Out: King (poor skills), Collins (lacks pace and polish), Polak (finished), Webberly (rest)

Selected side:

FB: Mitch Farmer Luke McGuane Kelvin Moore

HB: Brett Deledio David Astbury Chris Newman

C: Matt White Dustin Martin Richard Tambling

HF: Ben Nason Jack Reiwoldt Mitch Morton

FF: Robin Nahas Ben Griffiths Jayden Post

R: Angus Graham, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley

I: Shane Tuck, Shane Edwards, Troy Simmonds, Ben Cousins

Why play Astbury at CHB he is a forward as is Post so I think we may be a bit top heavy with Post Astbury Griffiths & Riewoldt up forward the Saints don't have a massive forwardline so Moore & McGuane should be able to cover Kosi & Stanley.

Inspector said:
Why play Astbury at CHB he is a forward as is Post so I think we may be a bit top heavy with Post Astbury Griffiths & Riewoldt up forward the Saints don't have a massive forwardline so Moore & McGuane should be able to cover Kosi & Stanley.

Is he?? i have liked what I have seen of him as a defender...

Kelvin Moore has excaped a lot of scrutiny for his game against port. he was easily our worst and has had one good game all season and not many last season. his spot should be looked at. id give webberley a rest although id be tempted to use his skills on the dry track against the skilled saints. or we can really push the saints for height if we want and it might work

i'd go for

OUTS - moore webberley polak king
INS - thursfield post foley simmonds

geoffryprettyboy said:
15 disposals to 9 turnovers, 11 tackles too. It'll be interesting to see how the team lines up. It's had to forecast the changes these days now that we are starting to gather a bit of depth. ;D

15 disposals for 9 turnovers for Collins last week you sayin gpb?

Not sure you are but thought Andy worked into a bit of form last week.

13 kicks, 12 tackles, 6 clearances & only 2 clangers is a good return as he hopefully works his way back to full fitness.

Still needs to work on his upper body strength though, it hasnt come on as leysy would have liked.

Leysy Days said:
15 disposals for 9 turnovers for Collins last week you sayin gpb?

13 kicks, 12 tackles, 6 clearances & only 2 clangers is a good return as he hopefully works his way back to full fitness.

Still needs to work on his upper body strength though, it hasnt come on as leysy would have liked.

You reckon he's 100% Leysy? He looked like the Queen Mary at times on the weekend trying to turn in tights spots.

Know he had some groin issues most of pre-season & into the start of the season proper to go on top of the OP he had for the first 12 months of his career.

Whether he's currently over them not sure.

Leysy Days said:
Know he had some groin issues most of pre-season & into the start of the season proper to go on top of the OP he had for the first 12 months of his career.

Whether he's currently over them not sure.

There was a moment he had to cut to make a tackle and didn't/couldn't, I'm not doctor but I though he looked like a guy who didn't trust his groin

LidsBling&Cotch said:
Kelvin Moore has excaped a lot of scrutiny for his game against port. he was easily our worst
Disagree with this. He made it to a lot of contests and madea lot spoils. He worked extremely hard ot get to these contests. I ahve been hard on him this year but I was impressed iwth the job he did last weekend.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I'm not doctor but I though he looked like a guy who didn't trust his groin

Ahh how i miss those teenage days when i couldnt trust my groin either, didnt take much for it to be outta my control always at the most inopportune times . ;D

tha8ball said:
Is he?? i have liked what I have seen of him as a defender...

When has he played as a defender? Maybe when all the guys have pushed up the ground heard Danny Daly & Hardwick always talk about our young key forwards Astbury & Griffiths.

Inspector said:
When has he played as a defender? Maybe when all the guys have pushed up the ground heard Danny Daly & Hardwick always talk about our young key forwards Astbury & Griffiths.

Have you not been watching our games? He's been down back a lot lately.

craig said:
Ahh how i miss those teenage days when i couldnt trust my groin either, didnt take much for it to be outta my control always at the most inopportune times . ;D
;D
Well you've got somthing to look foward to then in old age when you won't be able to trust your grion again.

Leysy Days said:

Watched it again. Thought he battled actually daisy.
Hasn't come on much this year as yet. Agree with Kurtzy that he looks hampered by something.

Yeah, Beaker is struggling a bit. Probably in our best 22 but only just.

Haven't give up on him but needs to kick on the 2nd half of this season.

Well Foley isn`t playing this week....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/95579/default.aspx

I`m glad they`re being cautious with his ankle,that Etihad surface couldn`t be good for ankles.
He should be fit and firing for the West Coast game.

I reckon that may mean only one change this week then,Simmo in and maybe Polak out.

Went to training this morning. Heard the DH interview - Foley definately not playing this week.

The 25 man squad was out there. From what I saw, I would think the changes will be as follows:

Ins: Simmo, Post, Moreton
Out: Polak, Griffiths, Tambling or Collins

Griffiths hardly participated at all in any training. Thigh still heavily bandaged...can't see him playing.
Was told that Tambling is carrying a slight hammy and may miss
Polak to miss for Simmo.

None of the above is official but I reckon it won't be far off.

Few points from training.

* Jack doesn't shut up - constantly instructing playes where to run, applauding good plays/skills. Cracking it when someone fumbled, etc.
* Nason seems like a popular figure amongst the players. He was having shots from the pocket, 35m out and split the middle with every one.
* Farmer was trying bananas from the same spot. I think he slotted 1 out of 50...have no idea why he was even bothering.
* Polak fumbled nearly everything in the drills. Dropped a lot of chest marks also, similar to his past few games...hopefully he is sent back to the burgers
* Astbury has beautiful ball handling skills...doesn't fumble, looks proffessional in the way he goes about it.
* Cuz was cuz...participated when he felt like it.
* Lids hitting the chest with every kick from FB/HB...
* Gus is a big boy...towered over Simmo...hope he continues to improve

Big media throng there for the DH presser...

I'd like to see Polak remain in simply because I like having a big body in the fwd line to support Jack.

I'd like to see

IN: Simmonds, Morton
OUT: Griffiths (injured), Collins