Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

For the third week in a row King has negated a dangerous midfielder.

This week he had the better of Del Santo IMO.

I reckon the all those who are wanting him dropped have a different opinion to those on the coaching panel.

josey said:
For the third week in a row King has negated a dangerous midfielder.

This week he had the better of Del Santo IMO.

I reckon the all those who are wanting him dropped have a different opinion to those on the coaching panel.
While certainly there are areas of his game that can improve, Jake, as usual is still the whipping boy.
14 k, 3 h/bs, 3 tackles, 6 cont poss, 9 uncon poss, 2 ff, 3 fa, 4 clearances, 4 ins 50's, 1 reb 50, 59% disp eff,4 clangers.
Dal santo
6 k, 17 h/bs, 2 tackles, 10 con poss, 13 uncon poss, 2 ff, 1 fa, 7 clearances,1 ins 50, 0 reb 50, 91% disp eff, 1 clanger.
Honours fairly well shared. The main difference being Dals use of the ball. Is he elite?

Those harping on Kings disposal...
Cotchin
12 k, 5 h/bs, 3 tackles, 6 con poss, 11 uncon poss, 1 ff, 0 fa, 5 clearances, 1 ins 50, 4 reb 50, 29% disp eff, 3 clangers
Who had the tougher job? King tagging Dal santo or Cotchin getting tagged by Jones.

Some other pearlers Astbury, 33% disp eff, Morton 25%, Farmer 56%.

Dal Santo - 23 possessions at 91% effeciency, including 10 contested.

Good work King! ::)

Agree though, Cotchin wasn't great with his disposal last night, but I doubt any of our guys would have played well with Clint Jones draped over them for the night.

He's still learning to play with a tag, so he's still young enough to use that as a legitimate excuse.

thejinx said:
Dal Santo - 23 possessions at 91% effeciency, including 10 contested.

Good work King! ::)

Agree though, Cotchin wasn't great with his disposal last night, but I doubt any of our guys would have played well with Clint Jones draped over them for the night.

He's still learning to play with a tag, so he's still young enough to use that as a legitimate excuse.
And no goal assists or score assists from Dal santo, onbly 1 inside 50.
6 kicks only with 17 h/bs would suggest King didn't give him much room to move.
Dal santo DT points =70
King DT points =66
Fair matchup.

willo said:
And no goal assists or score assists from Dal santo, onbly 1 inside 50.
6 kicks only with 17 h/bs would suggest King didn't give him much room to move.
Dal santo DT points =70
King DT points =66
Fair matchup.

Supercoach has NDS at 98 and King at 68.
Maybe Dal Santo was down slightly on effectiveness but I find calls that King beat him way over the top.

Elmer said:
Can someone please tell me who played on Milne and Goddard for most of the game.

FYI Goddard was "tagged" by White in the 2nd half - not quite sure who played on him in the first. White showed he has no concentration for the job by consistently allowing Goddard space - maybe he thought he would punish Goddard on the rebound. Goddard was instrumental in many of the attacking plays. Very disappointed that White continually gave him 5-10m. That being said, Goddard is a superb player and physically a beast. Remember a on-on-one marking contest with Deledio where he seemingly had the measure of Deledio in the strength battle. He's become the Saints second most important footballer IMO. White wasn't really suited to the role but IMO he didn't do his rep any enhancing.

Tigers of Old said:
Maybe Dal Santo was down slightly on effectiveness but I find calls that King beat him way over the top.
Depends whether you prefer DT or SC, ToOheys. ;D
I wouldn't say King beat him, but he certainly reduced his usual effectiveness and output.

Tigers of Old said:

I suspect the coaching panels of both sides would pay scant regard to supercoach scores.

Ross Lyon would not be overly pleased with Dal Santo only kicking the footy 6 times. He is an elite user of the footy and I would imagine one Jake's goals would have been to limit the space Dal Santo had to work with.
He did this well.

Which coach would have been more pleased with their players performance?

josey said:
I suspect the coaching panels of both sides would pay scant regard to supercoach scores.

No doubt I was merely countering willo's cheeky use of the format.

josey said:
Ross Lyon would not be overly pleased with Dal Santo only kicking the footy 6 times. He is an elite user of the footy and I would imagine one Jake's goals would have been to limit the space Dal Santo had to work with.
He did this well.

Which coach would have been more pleased with their players performance?

Probably Hardwick but I know which player they'd both prefer too.
Kicks or not, NDS still had 23 touches. It's hardly the greatest shutdown job ever.

Jake was ok the other night, not great but I'll admit he wasn't our worst.
Still think he's a good VFL player keeping a seat warm.

Has the rest of the year to convince otherwise but will be surprised to see him around in 2011.

Tigers of Old said:
No doubt I was merely countering willo's cheeky use of the format.

Probably Hardwick but I know which player they'd both prefer too.
Kicks or not, NDS still had 23 touches. It's hardly the greatest shutdown job ever.

Jake was ok the other night, not great but I'll admit he wasn't our worst.
Still think he's a good VFL player keeping a seat warm.

Has the rest of the year to convince otherwise but will be surprised to see him around in 2011.

King did not obliterate Dal Santo, but IMO he did well.

I do agree however that he will be lucky to be around next year, but if he is able to keep having the better of quality oponents you never know.

willo said:
While certainly there are areas of his game that can improve, Jake, as usual is still the whipping boy.
14 k, 3 h/bs, 3 tackles, 6 cont poss, 9 uncon poss, 2 ff, 3 fa, 4 clearances, 4 ins 50's, 1 reb 50, 59% disp eff,4 clangers.

I don't know how 'effective disposals' are calculated, but one thing I noticed about King on Friday night was that although he passed to teammates, they were often under the pump/hot (or whatever other cliche you'd like to use).

He certainly wasn't alone in that regard, and St.Kilda's pressure no doubt had a lot to do with it, however it seemed he wasn't taking the best option.

Big Cat Lover said:
FYI Goddard was "tagged" by White in the 2nd half - not quite sure who played on him in the first. White showed he has no concentration for the job by consistently allowing Goddard space - maybe he thought he would punish Goddard on the rebound. Goddard was instrumental in many of the attacking plays. Very disappointed that White continually gave him 5-10m. That being said, Goddard is a superb player and physically a beast. Remember a on-on-one marking contest with Deledio where he seemingly had the measure of Deledio in the strength battle. He's become the Saints second most important footballer IMO. White wasn't really suited to the role but IMO he didn't do his rep any enhancing.
Thanks. We all know White is not the answer long term.

Goddard used to cope a pasting when he first started. Not too many questioning his number one selection now.

Still hope for Bling yet! :help