Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

Smoking Aces said:
Also I guess it all depends whether Griffiths has recovered from his knock and whether the swelling has subsided from McGuanes gonads.

Tell me Smoker, would you know whether physio is required on swelled knackers, or would they be too fragile to work on.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tell me Smoker, would you know whether physio is required on swelled knackers, or would they be too fragile to work on.
You should follow the R.I.C.E. method - Rest Ice Compression Elevation. Compression should be carefully applied. If they start to turn bluey/purple then stop!

Smoking Aces said:
You should follow the R.I.C.E. method - Rest Ice Compression Elevation. Compression should be carefully applied. If they start to turn bluey/purple then stop!

But first do a stocktake and count them..

When was last time we won and had to drop someone?
Assuming Axle and Snake to come back (and Griffiths and McGuane fit, so stay in) who makes way?

Would be a fair while since we had a "Geelong type" problem i.e. who to leave out rather than just getting games because there was no one else.

Maybe Polak 4 Snake, and Titch/Farmer 4 Axle?

I was going to drop Jakey "The Push Up" King but surely he can annoy Milne enough to get him to lose the plot and maybe take a swing at Jakey?

Try and stretch the Saints and go all out attack. Bring in Post and Morton to help JR and Griff and allow Astbury to play back.

Foley should play if he is fit.

In: Post, Morton, Simmonds, Foley

Out: King (poor skills), Collins (lacks pace and polish), Polak (finished), Webberly (rest)

Selected side:

FB: Mitch Farmer Luke McGuane Kelvin Moore

HB: Brett Deledio David Astbury Chris Newman

C: Matt White Dustin Martin Richard Tambling

HF: Ben Nason Jack Reiwoldt Mitch Morton

FF: Robin Nahas Ben Griffiths Jayden Post

R: Angus Graham, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley

I: Shane Tuck, Shane Edwards, Troy Simmonds, Ben Cousins

Looks like a well structured team ^.

Dunno about Morton at the moment, unless you have inside info 8ball.

I'll be leaving Webbs in, I would like to see how he handles the defensive pressure against the Saints.

tha8ball said:

Out: King (poor skills)really...we never would have known, Collins (lacks pace and polish), Polak (finished), Webberly (rest)

A well balanced and fast running side which can meet the Aints head on . I hope the win showed Morton how hard he has to work and shows he is worth the spot because he can create headaches on his own

geoffryprettyboy said:

he'd be telling the physio, can u do something for the pain, but any chance u could leave the swelling

tha8ball said:
Try and stretch the Saints and go all out attack. Bring in Post and Morton to help JR and Griff and allow Astbury to play back.

Out: King (poor skills), Collins (lacks pace and polish), Polak (finished), Webberly (rest)

Selected side:

I like this lineup and i agree we need to go all attack. Riewoldt has gotta kick 5, astbury/griffiths/post 2 goals each for us to to get the win

Nice one 8ty. Reckon Collins has escaped a bit of scrutiny this year.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him make way.
Would persevere with Webberly for a while yet though.

Tigers of Old said:
Nice one 8ty. Reckon Collins has escaped a bit of scrutiny this year.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him make way.

15 disposals to 9 turnovers, 11 tackles too. It'll be interesting to see how the team lines up. It's had to forecast the changes these days now that we are starting to gather a bit of depth. ;D

geoffryprettyboy said:
15 disposals to 9 turnovers, 11 tackles too. It'll be interesting to see how the team lines up. It's had to forecast the changes these days now that we are starting to gather a bit of depth. ;D

A team with one win in nearly half a season doesn't have any depth whatsoever.

Only reason people are finding it hard to make a change is because the torrential rain and wet weather football totally took poor skills (our weakness) out of the equation and made it a contested ball fest (our strength) so everyone effectively played their role. Once we get flogged by St Kilda under the Ethiad roof we will see people wanting to make a raft of changes.

tha8ball said:

Selected side:

Well balanced side I reckon.

I would not be surprised if King is kept in the side though. He has done ok in a run with role over the last fortnight and would be a fair chance in playing on Montagna.

Barnzy said:
Once we get flogged by St Kilda under the Ethiad roof we will see people wanting to make a raft of changes.

Tell me Tiger, are you eagerly waiting for a flogging?

Can you see any *smiling* improvement from your couch?

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tell me Tiger, are you eagerly waiting for a flogging?

No? Why would I be? Just stating what I think will happen not what I want to.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Can you see any *smiling* improvement from your couch?

huh?

I hear Morton might be ill so he may not be a chance anyway. Just believe we need some quality against a team like the Saints. Like barnzy said - Last weekends weather did make it more of a slug fest than a skill fest. I think players like King and Collins will be found out against quality.

As for Webberly - i too think he is worth keeping in the side - it was more about balance. In fact he might not be a bad option to play on Stevey Milne.

It will be interesting to see what the coaching panel does.

Barnzy said:
A team with one win in nearly half a season doesn't have any depth whatsoever.

Only reason people are finding it hard to make a change is because the torrential rain and wet weather football totally took poor skills (our weakness) out of the equation and made it a contested ball fest (our strength) so everyone effectively played their role. Once we get flogged by St Kilda under the Ethiad roof we will see people wanting to make a raft of changes.
wonk, wonk, wonk... where's Charlie Brown when you need him?

At least there are a few supporters out there, instead of just barrackers.

Go Tige's, Belief can do wonders!

K3 said:
wonk, wonk, wonk... where's Charlie Brown when you need him?

At least there are a few supporters out there, instead of just barrackers.

Go Tige's, Belief can do wonders!

I don't get what you mean? Should I change my tip to Richmond by 30+ because you don't like what I said or...?