Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

Update on Dea's foot, anyone? Didn't know it was that bad. Hope the lad can get back and get some more games in the back half of the year.

Baloo said:
So would I but I'd prefer Farmer to line up on him. We recruited Farmer for this type of job.

Agreed. Hasn't Milne torn King a new one before too? Could get ugly.

I'm not happy he's still in too RR. Hopefully he's gone next week along with a few others. I reckon the Saints will expose a few of our players for skills badly after last week's swap fest that took that totally out of the equation.

ZeroGame said:
I know he's a favourite whipping boy of some supporters, but I think he really could become a Baker type tagger.

God some people love to support mediocrity. King will be lining up at Centrelink next year after he gets delisted, I'd bet anything on it.

9 players 180cm or under in this week's game going off a quick count. Still too small, especially since a lot of those players have poor skills. Dunno what they're trying to achieve given it's under the Ethiad roof. As I said before, hopefully this changes next week with a few likely inclusions. Some better structure with more size and skill needs to be developed.

ZeroGame said:
I know he's a favourite whipping boy of some supporters, but I think he really could become a Baker type tagger.

King couldnt tag his own shadow...he has been exposed many times before by the Aints' forwards and they must certainly relish lining up on him. I am disappointed that he is still there. Whichever small forward he lines up on will have a day out as he is exposed once again as a player lacking skills

Barnzy said:
God some people love to support mediocrity. King will be lining up at Centrelink next year after he gets delisted, I'd bet anything on it.

9 players 180cm or under in this week's game going off a quick count. Still too small, especially since a lot of those players have poor skills. Dunno what that they're trying to achieve given it's under the Ethiad roof. As I said before, hopefully this changes next week with a few likely inclusions. Some better structure with more size and skill needs to be developed.

he puts his head over it and goes in when it is his turn....he ticks all the boxes...so hardwick wont delist him.... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

daoula said:
he puts his head over it and goes in when it is his turn....he ticks all the boxes...so hardwick wont delist him.... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

So do Hislop and Thomson.

Dean Hart Northey said:
King couldnt tag his own shadow...he has been exposed many times before by the Aints' forwards and they must certainly relish lining up on him. I am disappointed that he is still there. Whichever small forward he lines up on will have a day out as he is exposed once again as a player lacking skills

I didn't mean tag a small forward, you don't tag small forwards. He's quick enough and annoying enough to keep up with and frustrate midfielders.
I'm kinda hoping Hardwick has seen the same thing given he tagged Rodan and kept him to 8 disposals.

King has beaten most opponents he has played on since he started. Odds are he will be a valuable contributor again tomorrow.

In the words of the great Darryl Kerrigan "suffer in your jocks ya........."

lamb22 said:
King has beaten most opponents he has played on since he started. Odds are he will be a valuable contributor again tomorrow.

What about that time Milne kicked 7 goals on him in 2008? Let's hope King doesn't play on him and he is out next week for Connors or someone with more skill and/or ability. I'd play Thursfield on him who can play small and tall and has done the job in the past IIRC.

Barnzy said:
What about that time Milne kicked 7 goals on him in 2008? Let's hope King doesn't play on him and he is out next week for Connors or someone with more skill and/or ability. I'd play Thursfield on him who can play small and tall and has done the job in the past IIRC.

Give me 20 more examples and I'll begin to consider your argument.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Also Saints must be mad. Armitage in emergencies.....the kid is our version of Martin IMO. Have a good look at his stats

There's a reason he's out.

lamb22 said:
Give me 20 more examples and I'll begin to consider your argument.

I'd rather not waste my time when no matter what I say it won't budge your opinion on King. I couldn't think of 20 examples either, would take a hell of a memory to do that. If he has a good game on someone tomorrow I will gladly praise him for him just like I praised White the other week who I don't rate. You have your opinion and I have mine and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact that's what make forums go round or it would be boring. ;)

IMO he's a battler who relies on aggression and is undisciplined giving away plenty of free kings. Also his disposal/decison making is not good enough in today's modern game. He is really scary coming out of defence however he was better as a defensive forward/mid but IMO we still have better options but he seems to be getting his last shot at the moment. I expect him to go at the end of the year and when these types of limited players aren't around and getting games we will be a better team for it.

Tigers of Old said:
Is that so lamby? I haven't seen much of him at Coburg so I'll take your word for it. ;D

Why are people so unkind?................................................ to Kingy.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=15&pid1=1818&tid2=10&pid2=230&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C
:whistle

Who'd a thought Kingy gets more frees than Gazza?

Right....

So he's only 3 disposals a game off being Gary Ablett. :hihi

Barnzy said:
I'd rather not waste my time when no matter what I say it won't budge your opinion on King. I couldn't think of 20 examples either, would take a hell of a memory to do that. If he has a good game on someone tomorrow I will gladly praise him for him just like I praised White the other week who I don't rate. You have your opinion and I have mine and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact that's what make forums go round or it would be boring. ;)

IMO he's a battler who relies on aggression and is undisciplined giving away plenty of free kings. Also his disposal/decison making is not good enough in today's modern game. He is really scary coming out of defence however he was better as a defensive forward/mid but IMO we still have better options but he seems to be getting his last shot at the moment. I expect him to go at the end of the year and when these types of limited players aren't around and getting games we will be a better team for it.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2008/081420080413.html

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2008/031420080320.html

He was OK in 2008 apparently.

lamb22 said:
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2008/081420080413.html

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2008/031420080320.html

He was OK in 2008 apparently.

so was troy simmonds. ;D

go kingy!!