Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

rosy23 said:
In regard to his pace the commentators made mention of how fast he was in a certain passage of play against Port. He was actually left for dead by everyone the run and it was Matty White who had the after burners on, not Ben. I found it interesting they didn't correct that when it was replayed.

It was almost painful at times on Saturday when Benny got a bit of space how slow he was. The good news was he was still smart enough to find space, but he needs to break those invisible shackles round his leg soon or his career is over.

One change for me.
In Simmo
Out Polly

I'd give Axel another week. His fitness has been suspect and not playing on the hard Etihad surface will not do him any harm.

Ins: Simmonds, Thirsty
Outs: McGuane (if he is really sore from the game)

Can't chose who to drop as none of them deserve it as they all played well and won on the weekend.

rosy23 said:
Yep I agree with most of it too.

I'm not 100% certain we'd be any worse off without Ben and I certainly wouldn't want him re-signed at this stage of the season. I don't think his personal situation should be a concern of ours when considering his future. Any decision should be made on his on-field performance.

In regard to his pace the commentators made mention of how fast he was in a certain passage of play against Port. He was actually left for dead by everyone the run and it was Matty White who had the after burners on, not Ben. I found it interesting they didn't correct that when it was replayed.

I havn't said that he should be resigned now or that that decision should be guided by his off field performance.

I have said that the key is his fitness. Clearly he had a disrupted preseason and then injury and needs more time to answer that question.

I for one would hope that the club won't make a decision on contract renewal until after the season is over, as Ben himself has requested.

It is pretty clear to me however that many who opposed his recruitment in the first place can't wait for him to be given the push.

Not a lot of blokes seem to be in the firing line in a team that has won a single game of footy.

king is the only one who can keep up with milne, plus he dod well on rodan. I dont like king much, but until we have someone better he should stay. he will get right under milnes nose which will make milne innefectual. I cant believe simmonds gets a send off game. Send offs arent for everyone, they are for stars. He deserves nothing.

but for some reason he will get a goodbye game, so he will come in for polak who should not return either.

after simmonds 1 week, bring browne in and let him learn like graham did 2 years ago. he might not of been ready but look at what its done for his confidence now. hes playing great footy.

rosy23 said:
Yep I agree with most of it too.

I'm not 100% certain we'd be any worse off without Ben and I certainly wouldn't want him re-signed at this stage of the season. I don't think his personal situation should be a concern of ours when considering his future. Any decision should be made on his on-field performance.

Found it very intresting at the dinner how much of a "spiritual leader" Benny seemed to be , noticed all the boys going up and having a chat with him, must say he did seem to be Captain to someone not in the know.

As for the Changes, guys such as Matty White, Farmer, King (fringies)I have no doubt Hardwick would be happy with as Im sure they played the roles they were instucted to play. IMHO it was Farmers best game in the AFL, however still dont see it yet, however more then happy for him to keep getting games.

Certainly like to keep seeing Reiwoldt, Astbury and Griffiths play together.

Not sure about this week however no doubt we are a better team with Foley,Connors,Thirsty, Morton and Jackson in it

michael roach said:
Polak out Simmo in.
No way in the world Farmer will be dropped,he was very good today.

Maybe the lads can lift and give Simmo a big send off.

Farmer deserves his place in the team.

Had a red hot go.

Tigers of Old said:
If you're going to be like that, go delete yourself.
Are you suggesting I should self harm? If so you need to take a pill and and maybe a bit of a nap.

tha8ball said:
Griffiths corkie is not too bad and should be right for Friday.

Thats good, looking foward to see him running around again. I would like to see Kingy play on Milne, would make for great entertainment. Polak out for Simmonds, and give Foley a week in the magooes to get his confidence up, and some run in his legs. There is no point bringing him back for someone who didn't play badly in the win as it doesn't reward the blokes who did the hard yards for us in the wet. Besides, we're playing St.Kilda, chances are there will be more than a few who will play a bad game, and give themselveas a reason to be dropped.

Surley we have to give Farmer first crack at Milne as that is why he was recruited, How about Kingy for Montagna, White wouldnt be the worst option

In: Foley, Simmonds
Out: King, Polak

Hoping Post has a couple more decent weeks at Coburg before finding him a spot, probably for Edwards.

Tough call this week. There is a sound argument to make no change from last weeks gutsy effort. Every player on the day had a crack and we had a win. Not just a win, a very gutsy win that galvanises men through shared sacrifice. This weeks changes need to be minimal.

Questions-

Is Foley right to play? If so he surely must get the nod.

Is Simmonds definately getting a farewell game this week? If so I can only see Polak as the possible out.

Is Jackson back from suspension this week? If so, strong argument for him to come back but for who?

Also, Mortona kicked 4 goals at Coburg and must be pushing for selection. He is surely in our best 22. However he has obviously got issues we don't know about. May be fitness or attitude or team rules or game plan, but he is on the outer that is for sure. All things eqaul he should be playing seniors.

And then there is Post who played a corker for Coburg and 12 months ago looked like the next big thing.

So based on Simmo playing a farewell, Foley being fit, Morton having satisfied Dimma he has done enough.

IN Simmo, Foley, Jackson.

OUT Polak, Astbury (rest), Collins.

In the Blood said:
Tough call this week. There is a sound argument to make no change from last weeks gutsy effort. Every player on the day had a crack and we had a win. Not just a win, a very gutsy win that galvanises men through shared sacrifice. This weeks changes need to be minimal.

Questions-

Is Foley right to play? If so he surely must get the nod.

Is Simmonds definately getting a farewell game this week? If so I can only see Polak as the possible out.

Is Jackson back from suspension this week? If so, strong argument for him to come back but for who?

Also, Mortona kicked 4 goals at Coburg and must be pushing for selection. He is surely in our best 22. However he has obviously got issues we don't know about. May be fitness or attitude or team rules or game plan, but he is on the outer that is for sure. All things eqaul he should be playing seniors.

And then there is Post who played a corker for Coburg and 12 months ago looked like the next big thing.

So based on Simmo playing a farewell, Foley being fit, Morton having satisfied Dimma he has done enough.

IN Simmo, Foley, Jackson.

OUT Polak, Astbury (rest), Collins.

Astbury just came back into the side!!

In the Blood said:

Didn't Jacko get 3 weeks before the Bombers game, so has another week of suspension.