Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'm wondering if Morton cames to term with Gold Coast and hardwick found out :-X

He cant as hes contracted for another year may be a case hes signed with GWS for 2012

momentai said:
Slow compared to what?

Slow compared to the other players in the wet.

Cousins is a veteran now and easily the oldest player on our list. Given where we are at it is not a stretch to suggest he'll be battling to keep his spot next season. He had his best game of the year yesterday no doubt but I haven't heard you chirping the past month.
Unless his form & fitness remains at a high level he will be very lucky to win a contract on 2011.
One solid performance out of 10 games is not much to crow about.

momentai said:
He is a Tiger and he is entitled to our support.

Like our skipper who you want to trade off? :spin :p

I'm wondering if some of the posters who are calling for change actualy watched yesterdays match? Farmer played a great match White was good and Polly was good with limited opportrinities in terrible conditions.

Anyone who is dropped except for injury reasons is unlucky.

nobody in yesterdays team deserves to be dropped, they all did there job.

However, as Simmonds is coming in I would drop Griff if he is struggling with his corked leg or maybe Polly although he doesn't deserve it.

I really want Griff in there as it will be great to see him and Jack in dry conditions. Some of Griffs attempts at marks in the wet were really good in terms of body positioning and getting good hands on the ball.

Barnzy said:
Competition for spots. Good thing to have. King was good in the wet because a scrappy ball along the ground suited him. I want him gone against the Saints in the dry under the roof though as he will be exposed. Wish Simmonds didn't have to come in, sounds like Browne deserve a game off his Coburg efforts. Morton, Post kick 4 each, Connors dominating again...hmm.

OUT: King, Polak
IN: Foley, Simmonds (retirement game)

Where can I fit Morton in? Jackson, Connors, Gourdis should all be in soon too.
Gourdis?Has been in Coburg,s best once or twice in his entire career and you want him in the side..Good Lord.

Barnzy said:
Competition for spots. Good thing to have. King was good in the wet because a scrappy ball along the ground suited him. I want him gone against the Saints in the dry under the roof though as he will be exposed. Wish Simmonds didn't have to come in, sounds like Browne deserve a game off his Coburg efforts. Morton, Post kick 4 each, Connors dominating again...hmm.

OUT: King, Polak
IN: Foley, Simmonds (retirement game)

Where can I fit Morton in? Jackson, Connors, Gourdis should all be in soon too.

Why aren't you dropping all the midgets?

Tigers of Old said:
Slow compared to the other players in the wet
That's what the wet does ToO......... brings the speedmen back to the field.

Thought Benny's effort yesterday was tremendous. Late in the game the cameras captured him coming off gasping for air onto the bench with Tuck. I thought Hardwick was giving them both a well earned early mark. Less than a minute later Cousins was back in the action going full-bore.

IN: Simmonds (retirement game), Foley (if fit)

OUT: Polak, Collins

Would also like to see Morton given another go but not sure who deserves to be dropped.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Gourdis?Has been in Coburg,s best once or twice in his entire career and you want him in the side..Good Lord.

Umm...he seems to be in the best nearly every week at Coburg this year. Don't think he played yesterday though. I'd be very surprised if he isn't our elevated rookie after round 11 and given a go.

WesternTiger said:
Why aren't you dropping all the midgets?

Hmm....

The midgets excelled in wet weather footy when the ball was sliding along the deck all game but they will be exposed against the bigger body Saints under the Ethiad roof. I'd still drop King as I said, White deserves his spot but I still have question marks over him. Nahas or Nason won't be dropped. Maybe Webberly goes out but I doubt it. Most earned a spot in that type of football but next week will be different. Still 9 or 10 players 180cm or under (nearly half the side) in anything other than pouring rain, wet weather, muddy football is just not good structure.

i would make these changes:

In: Foley Out: King or Collins (only to make way for a better player cause on yesterdays game they both don't deserve to be dropped)

In: Simmo Out: Polak (If it wasn't for Simmo's last game Browne would come in)

Hopefully Griff's corky is ok. if he doesn't come up he goes out instead of Polak.

Tigers of Old said:
I still thought Cousins looked slow today despite playing well. Let's see how he goes next week before suggesting people are wrong.
Cousins is still up against it to remain on the list.

cousins wants to play one more year, let him have a run around in the sun up north. He could be the uncontracted player taken by GC, and we could be rewarded with a pick of the afl's choice. Probably 3rd round, although the afl could take pity and call it 2nd round?

linuscambridge said:
cousins wants to play one more year, let him have a run around in the sun up north. He could be the uncontracted player taken by GC, and we could be rewarded with a pick of the afl's choice. Probably 3rd round, although the afl could take pity and call it 2nd round?

I DON'T THINK SO!

linuscambridge said:
I can't agree, we'd be silly to lose him after retirement. There could definitely be a development or midfield coaching role with the club after he retires, even keep him on to help develop our leadership group. We'd be silly to let a man of his talent and football knowledge go to another club. His advice and coaching of Deledio, Cotchin, Martin & Foley would be far beyond any average pick that Gold Coast would give up for him.

Foley in if fit. not sure on others such as Morton, Post etc.
I wouldnt be surprised to see a few changes after Sat night.
Guys like Collins, Webberley, Astbury even Nason might be rested/dropped to ensure fresh legs.

Plus Simmonds in for Polak, or Griffiths if hurt.

Tigers of Old said:
Slow compared to the other players in the wet.

Cousins is a veteran now and easily the oldest player on our list. Given where we are at it is not a stretch to suggest he'll be battling to keep his spot next season. He had his best game of the year yesterday no doubt but I haven't heard you chirping the past month.
Unless his form & fitness remains at a high level he will be very lucky to win a contract on 2011.
One solid performance out of 10 games is not much to crow about.

Like our skipper who you want to trade off? :spin :p

He is getting over serious injury and you want him to play like a 23 year old, or out of the team :duh.
You are so bloody ...... How did you measure his speed.
Had the stop watch out did we. Fairdinkum you need to forget your apparent prejudice against drug addicts and look at the whole picture. IMO you were wrong two years ago and you still have your foot in your mouth.

What not try and consider what he is doing for the team, and his value in a team which relies heavily on speed, and footy smarts and teaching them where to stand to block, and knowing where to go to get the football.

As for Newman I've always liked him as a footballer, but not as a defender, or as Captain. However I think the Dimma message may be having an effect.
His leadership over the last 3 weeks has been very good which is great for the Club and for himself.

As for trading him..it is nigh impossible to trade a captain. I don't think it will happen especially if he can maintain his leadership.

Hope Dimma continues to experiment and sends Newy for a tryout up forward next to Jack.

Brodders17 said:
Foley in if fit. not sure on others such as Morton, Post etc.
I wouldnt be surprised to see a few changes after Sat night.
Guys like Collins, Webberley, Astbury even Nason might be rested/dropped to ensure fresh legs.

Plus Simmonds in for Polak, or Griffiths if hurt.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nason is rested this week.

momentai said:
As for Newman I've always liked him as a footballer, but not as a defender, or as Captain. However I think the Dimma message may be having an effect.
His leadership over the last 3 weeks has been very good which is great for the Club and for himself.

As for trading him..it is nigh impossible to trade a captain. I don't think it will happen especially if he can maintain his leadership.

Hope Dimma continues to experiment and sends Newy for a tryout up forward next to Jack.
You're seriously kidding aren't you moments? Newy's our best running defender, reads the incoming footy brilliantly and sets up heaps of our defensive structure and you want to pop him up forward for a bit of a practice looksee how he goes. Got rocks in your head.