Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

Massai said:
Yep, once again Mike sh!tin and Robert no balls got their articles on Cuz wrong.

I still thought Cousins looked slow today despite playing well. Let's see how he goes next week before suggesting people are wrong.
Cousins is still up against it to remain on the list.

Montagna's had 38 touched and 5 goals tonight, need Kingy to keep up the good work after Stanton and Rodan.

Polak or Griffiths out for Simmonds, it's a hard choice to probably drop Collins if Axel's leg comes up ok. Thursfield for McGuane if he struggles to come up after his hits.

Out: White, Polak

In Foley, Simmonds

White played pretty well today but that still doesn't mean he can't be dropped. Axle is a mile in front of him and Simmonds in for his farewell game.

I'd drop Shane Edwards, Griffiths (injured, real shame but many years to come for him).
In: Foley, Simmo

I think there are gonna be alot of sore bodies there for next week, i'd rather see us swing the changes and manage our squad appropriately!

Simmonds does not need to have a farewell game. The RFC should can the idea and play the kids. One game means nothing I know, but no player deserves a farewell game particularly if you have played five and half year of football for the RFC!

geoffryprettyboy said:
Simmonds does not need to have a farewell game. The RFC should can the idea and play the kids. One game means nothing I know, but no player deserves a farewell game particularly if you have played five and half year of football for the RFC!

Would like to see Browne soon, shame he can't come in this week. Sounds like he deserves a game. Only 1 more game of having to tolerate Simmonds I guess...

Barnzy said:
Would like to see Browne soon, shame he can't come in this week. Sounds like he deserves a game. Only 1 more game of having to tolerate Simmonds I guess...

Agree about Browne, but disagree about that he deserves a game IMO. Let's move on and see how things pan out I guess.

Anyone calling for Matt White to be dropped needs their head read.

He has been really starting to emerge from a lean period over the last few weeks. Dropping him now under any circumstance would be counterproductive. Besides we need his pace against the Saints.

Polak out (was poor today) minimal to no 2nd efforts today - In Simmonds.

In other outs in Ins will be based on much ups to the Saints.

In : Foley, Out ??

Streak said:

He has been really starting to emerge from a lean period over the last few weeks. Dropping him now under any circumstance would be counterproductive. Besides we need his pace against the Saints.

Agreed .... the boy has just started to find his feet .... would love to see lightning play against a not so quick saints side after a win!!!!!

Saints looked strong in the last quarter tonight against the Crows.

Its going to be a huge effort for the Tigers to get 2 wins in a row. Lets hope the Saints have a night where they are slightly off their game.

Streak said:

If it was a case of dropping White for Foley, I'd do it every time.

geoffryprettyboy said:

Agree totally though now we have said it the club will have to follow through.

Polak (no kid) the most likely to make way.

RemoteTiger said:
Saints looked strong in the last quarter tonight against the Crows.

Its going to be a huge effort for the Tigers to get 2 wins in a row. Lets hope the Saints have a night where they are slightly off their game.

My expectations for this game are very low. Can't remember the last time we beat the Aints.

I think the suggestions of dropping White are also way off the mark. He is improving a lot and his speed will be important against the Saints.

In : Foley, Simmonds
Out : Polak, Collins.

hopper said:
I think the suggestions of dropping White are also way off the mark. He is improving a lot and his speed will be important against the Saints.

In : Foley, Simmonds
Out : Polak, Collins.

This would be my option atm as well.

Is interesting... I get emails from an ABC commentator and for the past two weeks he has picked the Bummers to win, and why you ask? Because of their foot-speed over the team they are playing. Is this something we can use to our advantage over the 'Aints this weekend coming?

May come down to Speed, Enthusiasm, Hardness (hopefully this keeps on an upward trend) V's Skilled and Drilled.

Tigers of Old said:
I still thought Cousins looked slow today despite playing well. Let's see how he goes next week before suggesting people are wrong.
Cousins is still up against it to remain on the list.
It still surprises me that some can't wait to get Ben out off the list. Slow compared to what? In case you missed it they played most of the game in 2" of water.

Ben has done a fantastic job both on and off the field since his arrival at Punt Road. He is the best leader at our club since Royce and in all probability will be the only player over 30 on our list in 2011.

He is returning from injury and b/c of age it will take a little longer for him to reach full fitness.

He is a Tiger and he is entitled to our support.

Saw the Saints against Carlton a few weeks ago and I think we can win it. Unlike us they are pretty slow all over the ground and rely heavily on their zone defence. Fast movement of the ball straight down the corridor had them caught out and will again.

Playing on at every opportunity has bought us undone in the past, but could get us a win here.