Team to meet the Saints. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet the Saints.

Fair dinkum ? No Griffiths tonite ? Damn - was very much looking forward to seeing him play in good conditions.

I don't mind Morton in. He's a proven goal scorer and if he has improved aspects of his game it'll be interesting to watch.

Final teams confirm that Morton is in for Griffiths.

lamb22 said:
I think Jinxy - you are a prime example of the King hysteria syndrome. His use of the ball is actually pretty good, something like 85% efficiency from memory.

Historically gets over ambitous from time to time and thats what the goldfish remember.

Seen a lot of him at Coburg, he is an influential player there in large part because of his purposeful and effective use of the ball.

Thought his long kick from the centre square to Nason 15 metres out from goal in the third on Saturday settled some nerves, Jinxy. What was your take on that?

It's not so much his kicking that's the problem, it's his decision making. Handballing to other players under more pressure, trying to get around faster opponents, overrating his own agility. Of course he's going to have the occassional good disposal/decision making. No-one is saying EVERYTHING he does is bad. But he doesn't do those good things enough.

So far this year, he's averaging 3 clangers a game, and has a disposal effeciency of 65%. That said, I much prefer him forward of the ball, rather than in defense, where he's WAAAY too loose, and his disposal and decision making simply can't be trusted.

I hope, like all RFC listed players, he proves me wrong, but he's not the way forward and is purely a stop gap until better players become available.

KING IS A DUD!!!! He has sloppy decision making skills, gives away too many free kicks at crucial stages, is a liability and should be left at Coburg!

Dean Hart Northey said:
KING IS A DUD!!!! He has sloppy decision making skills, gives away too many free kicks at crucial stages, is a liability and should be left at Coburg!

I'm hearing you. His handball to Tambling who was under extreme pressure wa farcical.

Sorry Kingy, but I think your time is up.

Elmer said:
Can you bet on players for BOG? If Farmer or King (or both) take Milne I might put a few bob his way.
Can someone please tell me who played on Milne and Goddard for most of the game.

I watched on TV - I think Thursfield was on Milne - and he had a shocker :(

Thursfield was on Milne at the start, then Farmer, but he also scored some goals such as the one when Tambling was closest to him but not sure if Tambo was ever on him as a direct opponent. Didn't matter who we put on him, he smashed us.

Thursfield on Milne was a mismatch. I don't know why we always feel the need to give Milne confidence early in games. Milne is a confidence player, and once he gets on a roll there is no stopping him. Eventually Farmer took over but he was as loose as my ole nanny May (in her prime).

GoodOne said:
Thursfield on Milne was a mismatch. I don't know why we always feel the need to give Milne confidence early in games. Milne is a confidence player, and once he gets on a roll there is no stopping him. Eventually Farmer took over but he was as loose as my ole nanny May (in her prime).
He has played well on him before, however he's down on form compared to back then

willo said:
Thursfield, Edwards then Farmer.
Thanks Willo, GO etc.

Why is Thursfield playing on Milne?

What happened to the go-to man Farmer?

lamb22 said:
His errors are decision errors usually being too adventurous. His skills set by hand and foot is pretty good IMO.

Spot on. Couldn't agrre more. Well put.