St Kilda game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

St Kilda game day thread

To those who didn't watch the game ........

Don't let the score decieve you,

There are some really good signs,

Yes we were beat - but for the first time in a long time - I see the light ;)

A few extra kilo's a few extra games - and starting next year the climb begins.

We will win a few more games this season,

There are still duds - but the cream is rising to the top! :clap

PS. Please please please retain Dustin Martin - this guy is GOLD! (although kicking could have been better)

Question, are we making Lids into our new Bowden? Not sure if he played on Kosi all night, but I recon he might be wasted playing as a key defender. Would hate to see him used like Joel was.

cmontiges said:
why do you get crucified by umpiring decisions when you are a struggling club? id hate to think that umpires subconsciously favour the stronger club but geez it looked that way tonight. we need some please explains from our former coach (The Geisch).
apart from that, take out 15 minutes in the second quarter it was a pretty good effort. Jack = SuperStar.

I think they do. In a match where a struggling club is giving a power a hard time (which is what was happening tonight), if there is a line ball decision and the umps get it wrong, they are less likely to cop flak (in terms of the result) if the decision goes the way of the powerful club.

Sir said:
To those who didn't watch the game ........

Don't let the score decieve you,

There are some really good signs,

Yes we were beat - but for the first time in a long time - I see the light ;)

A few extra kilo's a few extra games - and starting next year the climb begins.

We will win a few more games this season,

There are still duds - but the cream is rising to the top! :clap

PS. Please please please retain Dustin Martin - this guy is GOLD! (although kicking could have been better)
As they say in the forces ... Yes, Sir! Agreed.

We need Jackson, A fit Foley, conners and Moore to see how good we are,
i dont think Nahas, Farmer, Morton will be around much longer...
Because were are a young side were going to have there lapses, that cost us..
Martin outstanding
newman very good
Riewolt unbelievable
Lids wasted playing back
cotchin well held
tuck tried hard
farmer dosent man up
tampo was ok
Nason and nakas very poor
white and edwards unseen

Actually poor old Tambling could not hit the side of a barn tonight, his kicking was awful.

Tambling was not the worst,

Not the best - but not the worst,

Naha's, Nason, Morton and especially Edwards - did not contribute,

Throw in the fast it was Simmo's last game - and there will be at leats 3-4 changes next week with Jackson, Foley, Griffiths in the mix.

Streak said:
Avergae game, although did lead us in tackles.
that probably means he's second to the ball. would like to see Bling first to the ball and being creative. seems to be just doing the gruntwork lately.

Nice endeavour by Simmo tonight but his number was well and truly up. He managed to intercept 2 handballs tonight intended for another more talented teamate and subsequently turned the ball over resulting in a direct goals for the Saints which made my blood boil.

Also the umpires missed plenty of head high tackles against us along with them dropping the ball and the free to Schneider in the goal square was just wrong.

Poor old Astbury had the yips real bad. Good lad though like the potential. reckon with Griff in tonight, Foley and Moore we may have seen a closer result.