St Kilda game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

St Kilda game day thread

mexican_radio said:
good summary Tigers2011, I tend to agree with most of that. just got home after a long day and then a night at the dome

every game I go to, the opposition gets a free kick in the first minute that results in a goal. it's uncanny.

what are we going to do about our half forward line? The ball was rebounded swiftly and repeatedly tonight, setting up frequent inside 50s for the saints.

was Martin injured in the second quarter?
Feels like that (except the Essendon game where we got one before the game started - and then missed!)

What concerns me is the amount of space the Saints players were able to get at will. Almost every time the saints got the ball they had at least 4 players unmanned, which is just not going to lose them games of football. We tightened in the 3rd quarter for a period, but then fell away by the end of that quarter.

I believe our biggest issue is defensive spread. If you cant man up then its no point playing this game. Its not like it even takes skill to do. Just discipline.

My first game in a while and I was not too depressed.

Nason is tired and needs a rest. I guess they may have thought about it if Foley/Jacko/Connors were available

Nahas is probably suited to very specific roles. Probably more at Coburg.

Mitch's body language is a worry. Had two shots that went out of bounds. He must do better.

White is a very good VFL player

Positives:
Webberley: first time I've seen him. Like what I see.

Astbury: Should have kicked a couple. Has potential

Cotch, Dustin, Lids: Will be All Australian in the next 3 years

Tambling is potentially a good half back. Not bad in the air, good disposal, quick. May become apoor mans Andrew McLeod

Newman is high quality. Really good presence down back

Can't wait for Foley, Connors and Jacko to come back. They are all in our best 10, which leaves a big hole in the 16th best side.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
On TV the crowd sounded really loud when Jack got near the ball during his run on in the 3rd. It was stirring stuff and brought back 'cho memories

Great call. At the ground there was a genuine air of expectation that when the ball went into Jack's area he was going to pluck it. One on one he looked unstoppable, when the ball was moved quickly and he had space to work in he had Sam Fisher and Jason Blake covered. Dimma and co actually coached really well with Jack. With Blake he outsmarted him working up the ground and coming back into space and with Fisher he worked from the goal square coming up to 30 meters. For all the things Sam Fisher does, he is not the same player when pulled to the goal square against a marking forward.

One of the more crowd lifting performances by a Tiger in the last 3-4 years.

jack is a bloody exciting player. every time the ball went down there it looked like he was going to score during that 3rd quarter. Can't wait to see him develop further because he has the makings of becoming one of the best forwards in the league!

Clinton said:
jack is a bloody exciting player. every time the ball went down there it looked like he was going to score during that 3rd quarter. Can't wait to see him develop further because he has the makings of becoming one of the best forwards in the league!

and he's only 21...and will get bigger and stronger!....I think I heard somewhere that he's leading the comp in contested marks inside 50....which (if true) is truly remarkable given we've only won one game.....He's very smart when the ball hits the ground too...so its not just his marking....He's been an absolute revelation...Keep it up Jack!