St Kilda game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

St Kilda game day thread

In reality, it wnet as expected.

despite last week, we are still a bottom side who is miles off the big boys.

At least when it was 7 goals to nil in the 2nd we hung in there. Under Wallace, we would have copped a 100 point flogging.

Was a relatively good game, obviously going almost scoreless in two quarters isn't good enough, but that 3rd quarter is a glimpse of what we'll be in a few years if we continue to develop the young guys.

Riewoldt played a screamer as always, geez... Imagine how good he'd be in a side that didn't get thumped every week. Absolute champion on all accounts

Newman played a great second half, Deledio started to get some good run through the midfield which was good. Was one of his better games I thought.

I have officially jumped on the bandwagon for McGuane and King to get the arse for good... Just not good enough those too. BIG BIG questions marks on Mitch Farmer too. He was recruited to stick to guys like Milne, and he keeps getting smashed week in week out. Might be an ok inside mid if he could develop a tank, but I just can't see him as a small defender. Not agile enough and too slow off the mark. Not good in the air either, even though he's got a half decent body on him.

Streak said:
In perspective, second half scores were

STK 6.6
RIC 5.5

Not a bad effort from a side expected to tire.

Agree

Running out of legs is gonna be an issue for us for the next year or so in such a young side. Especially so after playing in slop last week.

Still, well done to the boys for the effort. Looked like it was gonna be a real thumping in the second, so it was a great show of character.

We are still a long way off, but are showing real glimpses at times. We are on the right track without doubt IMO

feisty tige said:
Really pleasing signs from Jak R.

Dustin very pleasing after getting a slightly injury by the looks.

:)

Agree on both accounts. Those two are the best young Midfielder and Forward prospects we've had since I can remember.

I am hoping that by now the 'Jack is & will only be a 3rd tall' brigade can finally put it rest.

Like everyone he'll have to keep working hard, but there's no denying he can fill a KP role in our forward line.

The Martin fend on Hayes then kick to the Riewoldt shoplift mark was tingly.

velo said:
The Martin fend on Hayes then kick to the Riewoldt shoplift mark was tingly.

Agree! Very good to see.

Promising signs.

Dermot B said we would probably lose by about 6 goals. Gee I hate it when he is right, however, I really thought we would have lost by heaps more than that, which is pleasing.

why do you get crucified by umpiring decisions when you are a struggling club? id hate to think that umpires subconsciously favour the stronger club but geez it looked that way tonight. we need some please explains from our former coach (The Geisch).
apart from that, take out 15 minutes in the second quarter it was a pretty good effort. Jack = SuperStar.