Sign Jack now!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sign Jack now!!!!

Panthera tigris FC said:
Sitting in 5th place on the Coleman medal leaderboard with 29 goals. Only 5 goals behind the leader (Fev). Not too shabby for a 21 year old!

Go Jack!

His price would be going up by the week.

Easily the best performed young KPP and we need to sign him on a long term contract asap. $350,000 a year for the next 4 years will seem cheap in 2015.

josey said:
Easily the best performed young KPP and we need to sign him on a long term contract asap. $350,000 a year for the next 4 years will seem cheap in 2015.
You're kidding yourself if you think we'll keep him for that cheap
3 Year deal, but would have to be probably over $450k per year after this season's performance

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Only 11 Richmond players have kicked more goals at the same age, and it's tougher for tall forwards now than ever. Sign him up!

Who are they can you name them?

I'd imagine Titus, Roach, Taylor & Richo would be amongst them.

Cotchin's contract was up this year, and he extended for another three which in effect is a four year deal including this year, and we know he has
had injury worries.
I'd have no problems if we give Jack a four year deal with, in fact the sooner the better!

Digglers Ghost said:
Who are they can you name them?

I'd imagine Titus, Roach, Taylor & Richo would be amongst them.

Roach, Taylor, Richo, Hart, Bartlett, Balme, Rex Hunt, Doug Strang, Ray Poulter, Donald Don, Ottens. Titus was a relatively slow starter, but had just had his first good season with 54 goals while playing in a pocket.

tigerman said:
I'd have no problems if we give Jack a four year deal with, in fact the sooner the better!

Why not give him a 3 year deal? Or do we think he is keen to go somewhere else?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Roach, Taylor, Richo, Hart, Bartlett, Balme, Rex Hunt, Doug Strang, Ray Poulter, Donald Don, Ottens. Titus was a relatively slow starter, but had just had his first good season with 54 goals while playing in a pocket.

He's amongst some good company then!! ;D

GoodOne said:
Why not give him a 3 year deal? Or do we think he is keen to go somewhere else?

3 years would be ok, it's just that a 4 year deal would keep him out of arms reach from the new Franchises.
Plus i've got a man crush on him ;D

Arguably our most important player going forward. Genuine key forwards are extremely rare and extremely valuable.

At the risk of starting something, I would say Riewoldt's contract should be a higher priority than Martin's.

TigerFurious said:
Arguably our most important player going forward. Genuine key forwards are extremely rare and extremely valuable.

At the risk of starting something, I would say Riewoldt's contract should be a higher priority than Martin's.
No way,Martin's is more important

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Sorry to create work for you, but have you got the # of goals they had each kicked at the same age?
Would be worth seeing just how close or far behind he is to them

WesternTiger said:
Why? No rule stating that.

what rock have you been hiding under? free agency is coming in in 2012. players who have played 8 years (i think) become eligible.

Ian4 said:
what rock have you been hiding under? free agency is coming in in 2012. players who have played 8 years (i think) become eligible.

Really?! :eek:

Of course I know about free agency. My question was in reference to your statement that his next contracts gotta be for 3 years. As I said why? There is no rule stating that he cannot be contracted when he becomes eligible for free agency!

ZeroGame said:
Sorry to create work for you, but have you got the # of goals they had each kicked at the same age?
Would be worth seeing just how close or far behind he is to them

Player Gls Ma
--------------------------
Richardson, Matthew 205 64
Strang, Doug 168 54
Poulter, Ray 154 73
Roach, Michael 123 37
Bartlett, Kevin 108 68
Hunt, Rex 107 49
Don, Donald 107 73
Balme, Neil 106 46
Hart, Royce 102 53