Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

@Scoop @Don’t Argue - thanks gents.

There's some old timers like Evo, Bully, GeoffreyPrettyBoy, madcow, tigerbob, Anduril. I thought about Claw a bit during our dynasty, wondered if he was ever happy during that time.

Lots of good folks over the years. Some you'd disagree with - maybe even butt heads, wallow in tiger pity with. Others were like minded, and just good to have around.
Think we need more women. The previous ones rarely post now, and I don’t see too many new ones.

Reactions: 2 users
@Scoop @Don’t Argue - thanks gents.

There's some old timers like Evo, Bully, GeoffreyPrettyBoy, madcow, tigerbob, Anduril. I thought about Claw a bit during our dynasty, wondered if he was ever happy during that time.

Lots of good folks over the years. Some you'd disagree with - maybe even butt heads, wallow in tiger pity with. Others were like minded, and just good to have around.
I asked about claw once, and someone said he was posting elsewhere and the miserable old so and so didn’t enjoy the dynasty, because they never took his advice and did things how he wanted. That sort actually enjoy being miserable.

Reactions: 1 users
So, footywire had him listed as 103kg. I'm gonna assume it's accurate.
That means he is 7kg below Gawn and Witts, 8 below S Darcy but 3kg more than Luke Jackson, 4kg below English. About the same as Pittonet, Goldstein and T De Koning, a couple less than Grundy. Didn't check every club, but apart from a few premium ruckman, he's around the mark.
Think it's not necessarily any more bulk, but he still appears weak.
Core strength is his weakness. Cox, for example, has little core strength. Seen him get pushed over by midgets jostling for a mark. Feel the same way with Ryan, gets out-jostled too easily.

He might be scared if he plays well, they will interview his Mum on TV again.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Core strength is his weakness. Cox, for example, has little core strength. Seen him get pushed over by midgets jostling for a mark. Feel the same way with Ryan, gets out-jostled too easily.
Agree. Definitely needs core improvement

Reactions: 1 user
It pains me to say it, but when Ryan takes the field, he reminds me of an awkward 14-year-old reluctantly attending his younger sister's birthday party ... where all the activities involve those intricate playground clapping and rhyming games ... plus those games with elastics around their ankles that young girls do so well but boys just don't have a clue about ... and yet there he is, the awkward older brother trying to join in ... imitating the complex moves as best he can ... having been conned by the self-help mantra of 'fake it until you make it' ... but basically flailing around like a giraffe that has stumbled onto an ice skating rink.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I think Maric's done his time at the club. We need someone better.

I think Maric's done his time at the club. We need someone better.
This. The reality is none of our rucks have improved while Maric has been the ruck coach. Not sure what he could possibly teach them about the art of ruck apart from jumping and crashing.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
This. The reality is none of our rucks have improved while Maric has been the ruck coach. Not sure what he could possibly teach them about the art of ruck apart from jumping and crashing.
OHB says hello. Improved out of sight. Maybe that's why the improvement was missed.

Reactions: 4 users
Soldo?
Nankervis didn't improve?

Reactions: 2 users
As the clubs biggest whipping boy , I thought the kid improved today , got his hands on the ball more and seemed to work harder , wouldn’t be extending the contract just yet , however I grade him as improved today

As the clubs biggest whipping boy , I thought the kid improved today , got his hands on the ball more and seemed to work harder , wouldn’t be extending the contract just yet , however I grade him as improved today

Whilst I agree he was better today, still didn't show enough.

And he's already secured a 3 year contract from this year onwards.